7* Thrawn - No Sabine - New Low For Requirements???

Prev13
I've been watching the Thrawn threads to plan for what the minimum level of resources is necessary to get him to 7*. I believe this may be the new low in terms of resources used (credits, gear, omegas, no Sabine, etc.)

p5fvmlj09gwe.png

The pic show it all except for the Omegas - used two only - one on Ezra's unique and the other on Kanan's unique.

This took me about 2 hours, so you do need RNG and patience. I'd also add, I do not think this is the absolute possible bottom for a no Sabine squad. I had Thrawn beaten on my third try with Hera still at gear 8, but I misplayed it and lost. I do think the minimum is 1 g9 Ezra and 4 g8 others - maybe if you ran it for hours and hours non-stop and got the 99th percentile RNG you could do it with all G8, but I'd have to see it to believe it.

Couple pointers (some have noted these in other threads as well and I'll repeat a few):

- For own sanity, just auto basic the first 3 levels - they are so easy there's no need to pay any attention to them until you get to the end of 3 and turn auto off for level 4 (this actually helps the process)
- DTs need to be contained at all costs - use Zeb for assists early on and throughout the battle to keep one DT dazed / stunned - use Ezra's dispel on the other to remove the buff and Kanan to put it O down ... so debuff AND O down one DT and daze / stagger / stun the other DT - don't FF one down below green till you have a few hits lined up to kill or the healers will crush your prior damage
- Be VERY judicious about when you use your taunts and when you use Backup plan. I waited to use BUP until I saw where the damage was going and also what the taunt / health status of my tanks were - anyone that was very low health I put BUP on that at that time, but I also had the taunters available with taunts to save the fractured hero. The message here is just don't needlessly spam your taunts / BUP right away - survey the battle flow and use as needed.
- The misplay I had initially was really bad - I didn't realize how much the healers could heal and how often - I had killed the taunting ST and both the DTs and had 4 or 5 PS left - I thought I could kill Thrawn, but no dice - by the time I killed one healer after trying to focus on Thrawn, I was getting too worn down. Don't go for the kill on Thrawn till BOTH heal toons are dead.
- Kanan's unique Omega is incredibly important - if you use the control tactic on the DTs, one will likely survive to throw their AOE a second time - you can get kills on the DTs from the counter attacks. They have low health once you get the protection off.
- Learn to keep track of the ST's taunt cooldown and make sure you have a dispel off cooldown at that time ... you can also control the taunter with zeb and stuns, but have to make sure the DTs are controlled first
- Kill order: DTs #1 far and away and it's not even close - they will wreck your setup ASAP - I'd recommend taunting ST#2 and the healers #3...Thrawn last if you have 4+ PS members still alive really isn't much of a threat to go "Pre-nerf Yoda" and wipe you so saving him last is ok

I want to give particular thanks to the following that provided especially good info early on for the community...you get an interwebz good citizenship award:
@Strubz (for the g8 / g9 post with NO Sabine validation)
@PuppyJuicers (for the g8 / g9 capable thread and detail)
@Indominable_J (for being particularly detailed with the zeb daze / stun spam approach right along with Strubz

Lastly on mods, I did use my better arena mods - I went with speed focus on Hera and Chopper, health / prot on Kanan (though I'd recommend a speed arrow so he's not a total turtle, damage / speed mix on Ezra, and speed / potency for Zeb ... remember the zeb and chopper uniques give heal benefits at the start of turns, so the more turns you take, the more healing (and damage of course) you can do. Key final stats:

Hera: 236 final speed (+110), 33k combined h/p
Ezra: 233 final speed (+102), 41% CC, 180% CD, 30k combined h/p
Kanan: 150 final speed (+50), 39k combined h/p
Zeb: 211 final speed (+96), 29k combined h/p, 42% potency (used a pot cross primary)
CHOPPA: 243 final speed (+91), 26k combined h/p, 30% potency (used a pot set + speed set - pot for the TM removal skill)

Hope this helps ... also .... HEEEELMUTHAFINYEAAAAHHHH!! :)

Happy Father's Day All!!!

Replies

• Grats man!!!
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    man, i really wished people would just favorite all phoenix and 7* thrawn when they make a screenshot. undeniable proof (unless photo shopped ofcourse).

On topic: congrats man and thanks for sharing!
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Klocko
    1017 posts Member
    @JohnnySteelAlpha Nice write-up!
  • leef wrote: »
    man, i really wished people would just favorite all phoenix and 7* thrawn when they make a screenshot. undeniable proof (unless photo shopped ofcourse).

Actually a valid request....they have been de-modded at this point though.

u0mb1x9xkph3.png
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    It's not like i didn't believe you, it just seemed like the optimal way to showcase your accomplishment. Sorry if it came off like a negative comment.
    It's a good post, not having sabine is one of my major worries. I'm cutting it a bit close with aqcuiring the necessary stars and need to poor in quite alot of resources, so this post has put my mind at ease. Probably gonna go with higher gear though, to compensate for lesser mods and being a bit less dependent on RNG because i'll only have like 9 hours to spare.
    Save water, drink champagne!
    It's not like i didn't believe you, it just seemed like the optimal way to showcase your accomplishment. Sorry if it came off like a negative comment.
    It's a good post, not having sabine is one of my major worries. I'm cutting it a bit close with aqcuiring the necessary stars and need to poor in quite alot of resources, so this post has put my mind at ease. Probably gonna go with higher gear though, to compensate for lesser mods and being a bit less dependent on RNG because i'll only have like 9 hours to spare.

I'm on the same boat. I definitely can't give +100 speed to any toon, let alone 3. Probably I'll gear ezra and Hera the furthest

More gear + more omegas ... there's still a lot to improve on here to compensate for mod differential. I think Zeb's basic omega would be valuable as would his unique. Chopper's unique would be good also.
  • Genghus
    73 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    I managed with only gear 9 Ezra rest gear 8 did on my second try using arena mods on some characters.
    I did omega all uniques and heras lead ability otherwise all others were lvl 7.

https://imgur.com/a/NoU2m
  • I am not sure how you can even get 5 star unless you spend money. I have been collecting Sabine shards every time they show up in guild shipments and I am only at 30/65. I am not buying packs. Not farming Hera either as she is only available in cantina. Drop rate is horrendous there. People have to be spending money. Think about that. Spending money on chars that no one even wanted in the game. To get Thrawn? Pass. I will maybe get them ready for next time. Maybe
  • Vertigo
    4496 posts Member
    I am not sure how you can even get 5 star unless you spend money. I have been collecting Sabine shards every time they show up in guild shipments and I am only at 30/65. I am not buying packs. Not farming Hera either as she is only available in cantina. Drop rate is horrendous there. People have to be spending money. Think about that. Spending money on chars that no one even wanted in the game. To get Thrawn? Pass. I will maybe get them ready for next time. Maybe

Don't expect to kill anything with the Phoenix Squad without Hera....

And as someone who is entirely F2P I got Thrawn to 5* two days ago. 6* is out of the question though. 7* is definitely not going to be possible for f2p unless you've got a ton of shard shop currency to burn through or you just happen to get extremelyyyyyyyy lucky with cantina RNG on both Ezra and Hera.
  • Ezra is at least in ship shipments about once a day. I can live with that. Just Hera. I do not want to farm anyone in cantina. Drop rates are horrible
  • Ezra is at least in ship shipments about once a day. I can live with that. Just Hera. I do not want to farm anyone in cantina. Drop rates are horrible

Seriously? Since when 33% is horrible?
    Probably gonna go with higher gear though, to compensate for lesser mods and being a bit less dependent on RNG because i'll only have like 9 hours to spare.
    I'm on the same boat. I definitely can't give +100 speed to any toon, let alone 3. Probably I'll gear ezra and Hera the furthest

Check my post in the other similar thread which lays out what I used to get it done without having a lot of speed modded onto them: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/117028/thrawn-unlocked-7-bare-minimum#latest

I didn't use arena mods and didn't have crazy speed on anyone....Ezra was at 184 and Sabine at 178, everyone else lower. I had Ezra at G10, Sabine and Kanan at G9, Zeb and Hera at G8....omegas on Hera leader, Ezra flourish and unique, and then Sabine, Kanan and Zeb's unique...all other abilities were at 6. Once I got the squad to that point, I ran it and beat it on the first try....no need to bother with spending hours trying to get lucky RNG. The omegas on the uniques is key if you can't pile crazy high speed mods on them.
  • I am not sure how you can even get 5 star unless you spend money. I have been collecting Sabine shards every time they show up in guild shipments and I am only at 30/65. I am not buying packs. Not farming Hera either as she is only available in cantina. Drop rate is horrendous there. People have to be spending money. Think about that. Spending money on chars that no one even wanted in the game. To get Thrawn? Pass. I will maybe get them ready for next time. Maybe
    Ezra is at least in ship shipments about once a day. I can live with that. Just Hera. I do not want to farm anyone in cantina. Drop rates are horrible

Sure, it's impossible to do it if you refuse to farm one of the characters. It will also be impossible to beat if you don't farm the one person who makes the Phoenix faction work -- the only person with a leader ability. Good luck with this game if you refuse to farm people from cantina.

-- Signed, a 100% F2P who will get Thrawn to 7* on the last day of the event.
    Probably gonna go with higher gear though, to compensate for lesser mods and being a bit less dependent on RNG because i'll only have like 9 hours to spare.

Check my post in the other similar thread which lays out what I used to get it done without having a lot of speed modded onto them: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/117028/thrawn-unlocked-7-bare-minimum#latest

I didn't use arena mods and didn't have crazy speed on anyone....Ezra was at 184 and Sabine at 178, everyone else lower. I had Ezra at G10, Sabine and Kanan at G9, Zeb and Hera at G8....omegas on Hera leader, Ezra flourish and unique, and then Sabine, Kanan and Zeb's unique...all other abilities were at 6. Once I got the squad to that point, I ran it and beat it on the first try....no need to bother with spending hours trying to get lucky RNG. The omegas on the uniques is key if you can't pile crazy high speed mods on them.

Thanks! I hope that works without sabine, though. I just got hera and ezra to gear X, the rest is g8. I can put chopper at gear IX, but I don't have the carbs for zeb or kanan. I can (and probably will have to) omega most of their attacks and all of the uniques.
  • EA did a good job at sucking money out of people's pockets. Next week they release a character even better than thrawn or decide to shut the game down. Money down the drain.
  • Skuddy
    137 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Nice i did it with roughly the same line up
    Good work!
  • Gwonk
    238 posts Member
    Excellent post. Tagging for the next time this event comes around.
  • chxrua7iv14z.jpg

Much lower gear here
  • chxrua7iv14z.jpg

Much lower gear here

Seriously ????? WOW i may try myself. I got all G8 now wating for shards.
  • EA did a good job at sucking money out of people's pockets. Next week they release a character even better than thrawn or decide to shut the game down. Money down the drain.

Actually, you couldn't be more wrong. When people STOP spending money they'll decide to shut the severs down. You should be thanking the ppl who spend, who make it so you can play for free, instead of posting a pointless & negative comment about what others choose to do with their money.
  • WesTerallo
    90 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    leef wrote: »

Serious. Gratz. Everything is possible with enough tenacity (not the in game stat; the real life desire to never give up).

https://imgur.com/gallery/5uvQ3

Just for more info. I had worse mods than you but a bit better gear. So it does seem like gear 8 really is the minimum. (I had kanan and Hera at gear 9 rest at 8) and I think the 5* Sabine speaks for herself. :D
  • mamba
    100 posts Member
    chxrua7iv14z.jpg

Much lower gear here

Impressive ... can you share more details ... omegas and mods?

Actually a valid request....they have been de-modded at this point though.

u0mb1x9xkph3.png

That's amazing man. I had Ezra at G10 and Sabine at G9 and it flew through without arena mods on, but I needed their DPS hotness to do it. I think you've given the community some decent hope there :)

It's not rocket surgery.
  • Pseudot
    102 posts Member
    I got through the 7* level with minimal gear investments. I think that the view that this event is a gear pit is way overblown, more than likely fueled by players who don't understand how to use the Phoenix team properly.

Here's what I used to finish it -

Ezra - g9, Hera - g8, Zeb - g8, Kanaan - g7, Chopper - g7
    All were level 85, only uniques were omega level
    Modded for speed and crit damage using fairly good arena mods.

The idea is to debuff the DTs and take them out first. Get Backup plan onto Kanaan ASAP and time his taunt to force Thrawn to fracture him. Use Zeb to stun wisely, and heal protection whenever available. Stack damage onto Ezra, and rely on him to be the glass cannon.

It took me 6 tries to defeat Thrawn, I got a little better each time I fought him, as I figured out his attack patterns. The last time I was down to all 5 Phoenix vs Thrawn, he did manage to finally kill off my Chopper though.

Maybe I just got a lucky RNG, but with the way things went, it seemed that if you use good strategy and really think each move through, it's inevitable that you'll win.

• Dang you're lucky my friend. Congrats and may the RNG be with you
  • @Pseudot wow that sound like absolute minimum. I should press harder on 7* them, as I am short on time but my gear is already better...
  • Genghus wrote: »
    I managed with only gear 9 Ezra rest gear 8 did on my second try using arena mods on some characters.
    I did omega all uniques and heras lead ability otherwise all others were lvl 7.

https://imgur.com/a/NoU2m

That's great - so you can substitute omegas for gear to a degree - I had it beat with only Ezra at g9 and 2 omegas used, but I played it wrong and was losing patience :) What kind of mods / speeds did you have on them?
  • So taking from what others are posting here (thanks for the info it helps give additional perspective) ....having some G7 is obviously possible - but a G8 average across all 5 appears to be the minimum gear...but you need either good mods or a more heavy omega investment than just the two I used to offset a gear 8 average.

So to make a simple rule...assume for a gear 8 average team with average mods you're going to need 5 omegas - each unique and Hera's leader. Then depending on your mods, you can slide that Omega req a bit lower.
  • Svatlas
    183 posts Member
    Thats no 7* but it helps maybe for 6* very low requirements. Hera has her unique thats all.

aB0s6Vt.png

This discussion has been closed.