Terminate/execute versus backup plan?

Which comes first the chicken or the egg?
Seriously when an event carries toons that have characters who do 1 thing but requires toons that do the other which should take precedence? This is a serious inquiry as the t6 is fast enough without taking your only shot with undergeared toons since we had almost no warning about this event or any way to farm these characters ahead of time.

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Cannot be revived wins.
  • Hskull55
    2263 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    Cannot be revived wins.

Yes, DN wins
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Cannot be revived wins.

It doesn't in a video posted in this thread, skip to 3:40
    Edit: It would probably be easy to test in GW, Boba shows up there a lot for me
  • IvoB1987
    494 posts Member
    why is there even confusion? "Cannot be revived" is exactly intended for stopping resurrection. back up plan is no different than any other resurrecting abilities. what makes you think otherwise?
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    IvoB1987 wrote: »
    why is there even confusion? "Cannot be revived" is exactly intended for stopping resurrection. back up plan is no different than any other resurrecting abilities. what makes you think otherwise?

It's different after the latest update which states it can't be prevented, whatever that means
    Boba Fett: "Bounty Hunter's Resolve" now correctly indicates that it can't be prevented.
    Hera Syndulla: "Backup Plan" now correctly indicates that it can't be prevented.
  • My Kanan got killed by terminate with BUP on and he didn't get revived.
    SWGOH.gg profile: NicoleJudge
  • It's quite obvious that "Cannot be revived" wins.

The "lock" on the ability means that it can not be dispelled, not that it's effect can not be nullified.
  • Cannot be prevented means that buff immunity/fracture/shock/etc... can't prevent the buff from being applied.
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    The BUFF can't be prevented...as it will go through buff immunity. If terminate doesn't stop the revive, I'd like to know why my backup plan didn't work during the Thrawn event.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Allenb60 wrote: »

It's different after the latest update which states it can't be prevented, whatever that means
    Boba Fett: "Bounty Hunter's Resolve" now correctly indicates that it can't be prevented.
    Hera Syndulla: "Backup Plan" now correctly indicates that it can't be prevented.

That is to indicate these buffs can applied through buff immunity and will always apply.
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member

That is to indicate these buffs can applied through buff immunity and will always apply.

Ya, there must be an error or something in the video
  • Vertigo
    4496 posts Member
    Cannot be revived wins.

They probably didn't have DN's Annihilate Omega'd. If it's not at the Omega level then the character you hit with it can revive.
  • Vertigo wrote: »
    Cannot be revived wins.

They probably didn't have DN's Annihilate Omega'd. If it's not at the Omega level then the character you hit with it can revive.

Solid possibility. A lot of people, myself included, don't omega annihilate, since revive isn't something you see a lot of in arena currently (Boba is pretty much the exception).
  • Vertigo
    4496 posts Member
    Vertigo wrote: »
    Cannot be revived wins.

Solid possibility. A lot of people, myself included, don't omega annihilate, since revive isn't something you see a lot of in arena currently (Boba is pretty much the exception).

Even then why waste Annihilate on Boba when that team probably also has Zylo who is by far more of a nuisance if you try to slowly deplete his health instead of just taking him out with one tap.
  • Vertigo wrote: »
    Cannot be revived wins.

Even then why waste Annihilate on Boba when that team probably also has Zylo who is by far more of a nuisance if you try to slowly deplete his health instead of just taking him out with one tap.

It's generally not a user choosing to do that. I still run Boba, and sometimes he gets annihilated by the AI and pops back up. The AI isn't that I.
  • Vertigo
    4496 posts Member
    Cannot be revived wins.

It's generally not a user choosing to do that. I still run Boba, and sometimes he gets annihilated by the AI and pops back up. The AI isn't that I.

Lol true
  • Actually the stupid thing is this thrawn event. The dt basic dispels backup plan. I know I've been battling tier 6 all day. So this event is bugged and stacked against us. Yes I am undegraded but that has never stopped me before with sound strategy. So what does this mean?