Holding rank without Kenobi

Replies

• TofuMao
    630 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »
    TofuMao wrote: »
    I see arena as part of the game, and why do I have to get angry 5-6 days a week because I couldn't enter top X or been sniped out, just don't make sense it's a game played by people and people forever have been making allies to beat the others, if not ask **** why he lost his war, was childish and bullying to ally against him? No.

Are you really comparing keeping non-friends out of the top10 by working together with friends to ensure top rewards for you and your friends to the allied forces in WWII?
    You've got that backwards, unfortunately for the swgoh arena the other individual players aren't likely to band together to stop the tyranny of the select few that control the top10, wich would have been comparable with the allied forces in WWII.

Well, there must be 2 groups of people then, because in my group we don't care who's in the top 10, just we have a group that the ones the were at top always, created, so we organise ourselves to take payout in order, but not to collapse top 10, we don't need to or want to, we even attack each other to test our teams because no one gets up there ever, I suppose I was really lucky to get the easiest arena shard ever, no FAT on sight and I am the first to use thrawn on gear IX, ^_^
  • Options
    Is it possible to ban someone for being a ****? Lol if everyone says you're wrong, youre probably wrong
  • Rapid
    421 posts Member
    Options
    Without GK the best team on D is surely Rex, chaze, DN and R2.

That will at least stop most of the zmaul's beating you, which I assume is why you drop so low.
    VanKings22 wrote: »
    My awesome arena shardmates in Thunderdome are great for helping each other so we dont knock each other back but also keeping "outsiders" trying to sneak in top 10 and knocking one of us out too, knowing each others payout is a huge help.

"Keeping outsiders trying to sneak in top 10?"

Is top 10 yours to hold?Or your guild's?

You sound like a bully in an elementary school..You guys (and many others in many shards) are the worst kind of thing in this game and games in general..

I disagree. Me and the people on my shard always target newbies that enter the top 10 and 20. Why you might ask? Because we have held the ranks for a very long time now..and for newbies to enter..thinking they are even worthy to place at the top ranks..sorry but you ARE NOT worthy. Unless you can prove yourself that you belong there..you get dropped, soon as you enter. This is our territory! We live here and you all are just a visiting, strolling through the neighborhood. You can enjoy the veiw, but thats all you gonna enjoy. The top ranks are the most competitive and thats why the OP keeps getting knocked back. He is freshmeat..and his shard mates are gonna continue to devour him.

You say people like us are the worst kind of things with this game and games in general...but me and my people payed money, spent time and labored day after day to progress our rosters and to remain at the top of the food chain.

In our eyes you all are the worst things about this game and games in general. You all complain when you cant beat something. You all cry nerf when you cant beat something. And you all feel yourselves entitled because you finally reach the top 10 then cry about how you get dropped back because somehow you all think you are all worthy and entitled to even belong there.

Have a nice day.

you've got a bit of a superiority complex there mate. it's only a game.
  • Options
    Clearly there are some who take it a little more seriously than others lol

OP I'm also in a shard chat for arena and ships and while I wouldn't go so far as to say we deliberately target new faces I would hit them for 2 main reasons.
    1. Oh wow look someone new - let's give their squad a workout.
    2. Trying to avoid disturbing someone else's run while wanting to improve my own ranking.

The more mature the shard the more people that have squads capable of reaching #1 given enough time and refreshes.
    | ANZGC | Exile |
  • RubAto
    70 posts Member
    Options
    My awesome arena shardmates in Thunderdome are great for helping each other so we dont knock each other back but also keeping "outsiders" trying to sneak in top 10 and knocking one of us out too, knowing each others payout is a huge help.

You sound like a bully in an elementary school..You guys (and many others in many shards) are the worst kind of thing in this game and games in general..

I disagree. Me and the people on my shard always target newbies that enter the top 10 and 20. Why you might ask? Because we have held the ranks for a very long time now..and for newbies to enter..thinking they are even worthy to place at the top ranks..sorry but you ARE NOT worthy. Unless you can prove yourself that you belong there..you get dropped, soon as you enter. This is our territory! We live here and you all are just a visiting, strolling through the neighborhood. You can enjoy the veiw, but thats all you gonna enjoy. The top ranks are the most competitive and thats why the OP keeps getting knocked back. He is freshmeat..and his shard mates are gonna continue to devour him.

You say people like us are the worst kind of things with this game and games in general...but me and my people payed money, spent time and labored day after day to progress our rosters and to remain at the top of the food chain.

In our eyes you all are the worst things about this game and games in general. You all complain when you cant beat something. You all cry nerf when you cant beat something. And you all feel yourselves entitled because you finally reach the top 10 then cry about how you get dropped back because somehow you all think you are all worthy and entitled to even belong there.

Have a nice day.

What are you talking about? Is the top yours by right? Why do you think you're entitled to it? And before you say anything, I chat with my shard mates, we don't bother each other during our payouts so we don't waste attacks. But we do NOT target "new" people or people we don't know. If someone new comes and fights with me during my payout, it will be a fair fight, I won't be asking people to drop him away.

To the OP, sorry your thread took this weird turn

Yes...i am entitled to it! More entitled to it than any new scrub!

Yeah the top is mine by right!! I own that spot. As do others from my shard that have been playing religously everyday. We been fighting months and months taking what's ours. New blood doesnt belong and they get beat down real quick. New blood wants to get rank 21...fine...cause thats as low as they gonna get. The top 20 belongs to us and only us. There isnt any room to let scrubs in. Wanna go to war? Go find 19 others on the shard and come get some! The top 20 on my shard has been tagged and claimed and we aint letting nobody come in and get comfortable. We live their..everyone else is just visiting. The other 19 people on my server are just like me..pure savage and ruthless.

Seriously? Your kind of people are the reason why the world is feeling sick atm. Please, stay in your basement, you might get hurt badly irl with that attitude.
  • Options
    No_Try wrote: »

Have a nice day.

What are you talking about? Is the top yours by right? Why do you think you're entitled to it? And before you say anything, I chat with my shard mates, we don't bother each other during our payouts so we don't waste attacks. But we do NOT target "new" people or people we don't know. If someone new comes and fights with me during my payout, it will be a fair fight, I won't be asking people to drop him away.

Yeah the top is mine by right!! I own that spot. As do others from my shard that have been playing religously everyday. We been fighting months and months taking what's ours. New blood doesnt belong and they get beat down real quick. New blood wants to get rank 21...fine...cause thats as low as they gonna get. The top 20 belongs to us and only us. There isnt any room to let scrubs in. Wanna go to war? Go find 19 others on the shard and come get some! The top 20 on my shard has been tagged and claimed and we aint letting nobody come in and get comfortable. We live their..everyone else is just visiting. The other 19 people on my server are just like me..pure savage and ruthless.

When someone from your arena finds the chat, you don't accept them?

We make them fill out an application.

Some of the qualifications are:

1). You must spend over $100 dollars or more a month.
    2). You must have the last 3 meta teams from the past maxed out in G11.
    3). You must have a 6* Kenobi.
    4). You must have at least 250 raids completed.
    5). You must have over 6k Galatic War nodes completed.
    6). You must have over 2500 arena battles completed.
    7). You must attack any new person you see enter the top 20 immediately.
    8). You must log on once an hour to check arena top 20 ranks.
    9). You must use the discord game chat.

If you dont do these 9 things then you dont belong in the top 20.

Members from Europe and America take turns switching from top 10 and 20. For instance..on Europes time zone they hang around the bottom 20 and work their way into the top 10 that way they attack new people they see while Americas time zone is sleeping. When the people from the American time zone is awake we attack any new people we see in the bottom 20 as Europes time zone is sleeping then we work to get the top ranks for our payout.

We hardcore into pvp. Arena has always been competetive. Not sure why other people dont understand this.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    ^ i so hope you're not trolling xD
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options

Have a nice day.

Members from Europe and America take turns switching from top 10 and 20. For instance..on Europes time zone they hang around the bottom 20 and work their way into the top 10 that way they attack new people they see while Americas time zone is sleeping. When the people from the American time zone is awake we attack any new people we see in the bottom 20 as Europes time zone is sleeping then we work to get the top ranks for our payout.

We hardcore into pvp. Arena has always been competetive. Not sure why other people dont understand this.

Wow, glad that I'm not in your arena then. That's despicable elitism. Imo there's a sole requirement to be in top 20; the ability to get there, that's qualification enough. We have a friendly arena chat, we don't deliberately **** block those that are not in the chat unless they are on the blacklist (i.e. they are moving others repeatedly at times that are not their checkout)
  • Options

Have a nice day.

iKQCy4r.jpg
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options
    HeresTheTruth's shard ...
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    I know the qualifications i listed may seem a bit harsh...but most elite guilds have a certain list of qualifications to join as well..so whats the difference? A Europe leader and I have decided to do the same with arena. That list is to make sure we only allow players that have been playing a while and that knows what they are doing.

By doing this it makes arena even more fun and gives us an incentive to log in more often.

#HateTheGameNotThePlayer
  • Options
    #HateTheGameNotThePlayer

You mean like hate the world and not the people who are destroying it? Because society created them? And who created our society? Or,as you say,this game and its norms?

I'm sure there is a reason that makes you what you are but don't put the blame on others mate. It's you who are making this happen,not the game. As I've said before though I don't hate,I just feel sorry for you
  • Options
    BulYwif wrote: »
    giphy.gif

Yes it is! We own our shard. I just wish others would do the same.
  • Options

Have a nice day.

You are a ****.
  • Options
    I hold rank better with Sith Trooper over GK but I don't have enough speed on GK yet
  • Options

Have a nice day.

LMAO cool club you got there, dude
  • Options
    If you dont spend money, winning 100 crystals seems like a big deal. If you spend a fortune your desperate to score high to win some back, sounds stressful too, either way breaking even doesnt sound very fun
    "and i will show you ... where the iron crosses grow..."
  • Options
    I know the qualifications i listed may seem a bit harsh...but most elite guilds have a certain list of qualifications to join as well..so whats the difference? A Europe leader and I have decided to do the same with arena. That list is to make sure we only allow players that have been playing a while and that knows what they are doing.

By doing this it makes arena even more fun and gives us an incentive to log in more often.

#HateTheGameNotThePlayer

You can't get in to top 20 without playing for a while and knowing what you're doing. Boom. I destroyed your entire argument in one sentence
  • Kane13
    256 posts Member
    Options
    giphy.gif

Yes it is! We own our shard. I just wish others would do the same.

I'm gonna take a guess here...you're the little dude on the left? Mini d-bag.
  • Options
    giphy.gif

I just lol'd at the office
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options

#HateTheGameNotThePlayer

That's not the game, that's you. Majority of us doing it in a different way should be telling of that. Guilds are player regulated environments, what a guild does in self regulation has zero effect on others contrary to arena. That said you have the right to do as you want since game also allows that and us to disagree with your arena ettiquette.
  • Peer
    299 posts Member
    Options

Is 20 vs. 1 really a competition? This is more like USA vs. Panama, 1989.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    Peer wrote: »

Is 20 vs. 1 really a competition? This is more like USA vs. Panama, 1989.

I must say, we did a great job on that Panama Canal
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options

Have a nice day.

6* Kenobi only? The sign of a true casual
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Tralk
    135 posts Member
    Options

agreed , man up and go free for all.
  • Options
    Lol at all this talk about "bullies" that own their shards. Who cares? Do it if you want to, or don't. There's nothing wrong with either way. One just is more beneficial than the other. It's PVP. And if some people chose to make alliances, good for them. Or maybe France should've tried to fight Germany off by themselves cause it's fair.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    To break it down into it's simplest form...arena = crystals. The more u earn, the less real $ out-of-pocket. The game is set up this way, the players didn't make it that way.

When it comes to $, human nature takes over. Greed becomes evident quickly. Every penny I save by not buying crystals which I can earn in-game regardless of how : collusion, teamwork, d-baggery, whatever, is a penny i have for something else.

U wouldn't let the guy behind u in line at the store reach out and take your change. I am uninclined to let someone I am unfamiliar with, that has made no attempt to reach out thru the forums, Line or Discord lower my crystal earnings.

On my Nov. 2015 shard, we communicate, work out payout arrangements and relentlessly attack newcomers that refuse to communicate and join the framework we have in place.
  • JinSaotome
    682 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    The top group in my shard are whales and definitely talk with each other to lock up payouts every hour. It doesn't matter who tries to take those spots, the top people will spend as many crystals as they can to bump anyone else back down to the 10's. Last year I was past 4 refreshes (so 20+ battles) fighting for the #1 spot with the same guy jumping back and forth. Even past late into the night he still couldn't see himself at rank 5. But that kind of insanity slows both of you down, however a whale can afford it as you'll run out of crystals far before them.

Over and over I'd see "someone is battling you" but not change rank for hours. It was like an experiment, took weeks for the meta to change and I got bored, so I limited myself to just 5 battles a day and stayed in the top 50.

However I learned something. If you want to REALLY screw up your shard's meta, swap teams every few hours. It's like rock paper scissors when it comes to payouts time. People are use to what you've stuck with and constructed their team to combat the top 5 when it comes payout time. You wouldn't play Zaul if the top was all Rex. And if only two were using Chaze you could use wiggs and leapfrog over the ones who weren't.

I played this game for a while using droids until I hit a wall with Zavage. When I swapped to a Rex/Palp/R2/Nil/GK suddenly Zaul all but disappeared from my shard and the top 5 guys went from empire to Rex overnight and all the QGJ led Jedi teams disappeared. I swapped DT for Palp and suddenly the top changed their teams up again and that filtered down the shard. Sometimes it only takes one person throwing a wrench into the machine to screw up that plans and force a shift.
    "When the dust settles, the only thing living in this world will be metal."