Carbanti's, Stun Gun's and Cuffs.

Prev13
RhuneSteihl
71 posts Member
edited June 2017
Let me try this again. Currently I have 33 toons that need them and I am sure there are multiple gear levels that need them. This including Stun guns (which also use Carbanti's) is a serious issue for all players from the biggest whale to the ftp player that has never spent a penny.

Please help me understand why we have hundreds if not thousands of other gear pieces hoarded as they are of no use, yet these (along with Cuffs as well) are necessary for so many toons. Thank you for your response.

Replies

• Zombie961
    1819 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Probably because I haven't bothered to gear up my kenobi or Thrawn but I've never had a problem with carbantis, and with them in a gear challenge I don't think they're all that bad. Maybe increase how many one can get in the challenges. But for cuffs and especially guns defiantly. At least most events offer stun cuffs but you rarely see stun guns
  • I geared up kenobi and still have 500 carbantis
  • ITS THELEGEND27!!! :smiley:
  • ...oh my.

^^ That's why expected to see when I clicked on this thread. Very disappointed.

To your point, everyone needs them so at least we are all in the same boat.

They need to drop challenge gear out of raids (except for the mk3 Carbantis). There is nothing worse than getting gear you already have hundreds of when what you desperately need (and can ONLY get in raids) drops very infrequently.
  • They need to drop challenge gear out of raids (except for the mk3 Carbantis). There is nothing worse than getting gear you already have hundreds of when what you desperately need (and can ONLY get in raids) drops very infrequently.

That +++.
    I don't even care hitting into HPit more than 0 dmg, because no matter if I end up 5th or 31th, I get the same two pieces of gear. One of them challenge gear, oc.
    We are even doing HAAT... right on our first beaten raid, what did I got? CHALLENGE GEAR. And that still happens every second time....

Back to op: my Thrawn is sucking Carbantis from all my other toons. I used to have 400 (because I didn't care gearing those toons up), now I have ~110. I'm one Stun Gun away from g10-ing him, but I shouldn't mention that Stormtrooper, Snowtrooper, Deathtrooper, and literally everyone is also in need of that.

This. Is. Not. Right.

:disappointed:
    SWGOH.gg profile: NicoleJudge
  • These gear are very important yet i always ran out of them. At least they could increase the drop rate from raids like 2-3x
  • If you start farming the carbanti daily challenge now and you're going to gear all toons who need carbantis, you'll finish in 2024. Unless they release more toons.

The carbanti crunch is tough atm because right now phoenix need them. And Kenobi also needs (i think) 450 salvage. But hey, if you don't get stun guns anyway, why worry about carbantis.

• They need to drop challenge gear out of raids (except for the mk3 Carbantis). There is nothing worse than getting gear you already have hundreds of when what you desperately need (and can ONLY get in raids) drops very infrequently.

That +++.
    I don't even care hitting into HPit more than 0 dmg, because no matter if I end up 5th or 31th, I get the same two pieces of gear. One of them challenge gear, oc.
    We are even doing HAAT... right on our first beaten raid, what did I got? CHALLENGE GEAR. And that still happens every second time....

Back to op: my Thrawn is sucking Carbantis from all my other toons. I used to have 400 (because I didn't care gearing those toons up), now I have ~110. I'm one Stun Gun away from g10-ing him, but I shouldn't mention that Stormtrooper, Snowtrooper, Deathtrooper, and literally everyone is also in need of that.

This. Is. Not. Right.

I have already geared Gen Kenobi. I have multiple other toons geared. Now I need them for Shoretrooper and Thrawn and Jyn and Finn and and and and and.....it never stops. Some of them need multiple stacks per level and then need more and more items like Thrawn and Kenobi. Truly I would love a DEV response here. Your player base wants to keep playing but we want to know if this is going to change or your perspective on this. Thanks again!
  • AnnerDoon
    1353 posts Member
    Surely you can see that the gear wall is in place to induce spending. I wouldn't expect that to change any time soon.
  • Yes! +1
    Devs, please do something about this! Make a new bounty hunter heist event with full gear pieces! None of this salvage garbage.

That +++.

This. Is. Not. Right.

I have already geared Gen Kenobi. I have multiple other toons geared. Now I need them for Shoretrooper and Thrawn and Jyn and Finn and and and and and.....it never stops. Some of them need multiple stacks per level and then need more and more items like Thrawn and Kenobi. Truly I would love a DEV response here. Your player base wants to keep playing but we want to know if this is going to change or your perspective on this. Thanks again!

Yup, I have many toons geared to g11 as well, but every time I use a gear another toon pops up that needs two of that.
    Hopefully we get an answer. Or a gif. Devs are good at answering with gifs.
    SWGOH.gg profile: NicoleJudge
  • Djbz
    251 posts Member
    I geared up kenobi and still have 500 carbantis

I used to have a tonne of those too.
    Then something changed and now I'm desperate for them.
  • The restrictive gear requirements are stopping players from exploring new squad comps, pay or free. Let's all not for get there is still a G12 looming in the future, with over 100 toons to work with, certain pieces of gear require tens of thousands salvage pieces. Really?
  • SUPERG1 wrote: »
    The restrictive gear requirements are stopping players from exploring new squad comps, pay or free. Let's all not for get there is still a G12 looming in the future, with over 100 toons to work with, certain pieces of gear require tens of thousands salvage pieces. Really?

Of course there is. It just seems a bit over the top. I agree that some time of weekly event would help with gear tremendously. Maybe instead of smugglers it could be a Rebel Equipment Drop or an Empire Shipment. Something different that requires different characters to be built.
  • Whazn
    262 posts Member
    SUPERG1 wrote: »
    The restrictive gear requirements are stopping players from exploring new squad comps, pay or free. Let's all not for get there is still a G12 looming in the future, with over 100 toons to work with, certain pieces of gear require tens of thousands salvage pieces. Really?

Of course there is. It just seems a bit over the top. I agree that some time of weekly event would help with gear tremendously. Maybe instead of smugglers it could be a Rebel Equipment Drop or an Empire Shipment. Something different that requires different characters to be built.

This right here. Could be another use for Phoenix since we had to flash farm them. In the show they're always stealing gear and supplies from the empire. Why not in the game too.
  • 2findaz
    90 posts Member
    I just want to know where i should farm stun cuffs. Anyplace I farm them has a horrible drop rate. More than a few times I have refreshed my energy twice and didnt get one stun cuff
  • Bouncyslime
    153 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    They need to drop challenge gear out of raids (except for the mk3 Carbantis). There is nothing worse than getting gear you already have hundreds of when what you desperately need (and can ONLY get in raids) drops very infrequently.

That +++.

This. Is. Not. Right.

lol i used my gear for kenobi on thrawn...
    (thrawn is now gear 11)

looks like im back to square one farming gear for kenobi again.

did i mention CARbONtiS?
  • 2findaz wrote: »
    I just want to know where i should farm stun cuffs. Anyplace I farm them has a horrible drop rate. More than a few times I have refreshed my energy twice and didnt get one stun cuff

Fleet store the only reliable source of cuffs. Feel lucky when you win some from raids, events, and once a in a long while daily challenge reward. Nodes are terrible drop rates.
  • Judging from past changes made to the game the devs do listen on occasion. Yes, the gear wall is intentional. Yes, we all need these. Don't think that's the point. I believe the point is that with increased need should come increased supply. The demand for this gear has reached the point where changes are needed, I'm sure it'll be addressed at some point... they can easily increase supply at this point while maintaining their precious money making gear wall...
  • The gear crunch is a symptom of 2 major issues.

The first is that there have been a least 2 toons a month for the last 6 months, I think someone said we have gone from 60 odd characters to 110 characters in a year. There hasn't been a change to any of the gear drop rates that hasn't been cosmetic ( Flash events anyone? ) I think the new characters have been introduced to kill time before new playable content is developed, however the underlying problem is every new character needs gear, and a decent chunk of it is raid gear. There have also been the addition of characters who were previously behind a paywall, and they need gearing as well. There doesn't seem to have been any planning on total gear requirements considering the current character release cadence.

Secondly the game is getting old and the same formula from when it started is still in effect. You would have been happy to get challenge gear from a raid, when you had only done the challenges a few dozen times. Now that we've done challenges for months if not years, getting it in a raid is a slap in the face.

I hope they look at the raid drops now that the raids have been live for a long time, and change the formula to better represent the available toons and gear requirements. It would make it a lot easier rather than trying to paper over the cracks with things like the flash events.

Over to you @CG_Kozispoon
  • 2findaz wrote: »

I find when I sim 5 or 6 times with 0 drops I've got a choice to make, to continue is risking terrible drop rate. I tend to either change the node I'm attempting to farm or the gear piece I'm trying to farm. Or... just hold off a bit and try again later hoping the rng has changed.
  • Just imagine someone needing a gear for that desirable toon, them it show up in shipments, but you don't have enough crystals to buy it, so to the rescue comes VISA/MASTERCARD. How much money this gear blockade has generated? WAI.
  • Osik
    235 posts Member
    so, yeah, from a players perspective, it would be nice to get more of the gear we actually need, but its not going to happen because a LOT of ppl will pay the 1400 crystals to get them in shipments, i bet that gear is the majority of ea's income, so i doubt it will change...
  • And the funniest, when I have 1400 Crystals saved, the gear goes away for days from shipments, and when I have like 200 crystals it shows up refresh after refresh.
  • 2findaz
    90 posts Member
    And the funniest, when I have 1400 Crystals saved, the gear goes away for days from shipments, and when I have like 200 crystals it shows up refresh after refresh.

the game knows what you want!

Im also convinced that there is mechanic in the game that lowers the drop rate when you are about to get enough for an upgrade
  • Just remembered now, we still have the gear12 to go, maybe even more, it's an endless road.
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    I don't know why people get upset about gear. I remember when credits were an issue. That was a real crunch.. Even Carbantis cannot compare. Just be thankful that we get gear in random events now. No reason to rag on the devs, when they are clearly making things better a little at a time.
  • Osh
    126 posts Member
    The problem is that the game rewards from dailies and challenges are still thinking of the new starter. One three star training droid for a level 85 player as someone brought up yesterday? I don't even waste a sim ticket on the Training Droid challenge, and that gives me more and at higher levels.

It should be level based, these current rewards are fine for the early levels, but when you hit 20-30 it should be increased, then upped again for 30-40 etc.

There's far too much "New starter" content and maybe that's the devs thinking this game wouldn't be this popular as they certainly haven't planned for the current state. This is evidenced by having hundreds of pieces of lower level gear items.

A few suggestions summarised from this thread and others:
    • Daily rewards need to be player level orientated. (A level 12 player receives a 3* Training Droid, A level 82 player receives a 7* Training Droid for eg.
    • An extra tier of challenges to include harder to obtain gear.
    • A new Heist for gear
    • Improved Raid gear drops
    • A shop that sells ALL gear items ALL the time that are available for purchase with either trade-in, credits, crystals or your soul. For eg, Mk3 Holoprojector, retails at 300 crystals. Much more cost effective buying them as you would spend way more than 300 on refreshes trying to farm 20 pieces. Guess what happens when I need one, I have to wait 3-4 days for it to return to the store, after which I've either forgotten who needs it or someone else needs one as well, or they release a new character and its like, "Oooh! Piece of candy!"

Hopefully when g12 drops, cuffs and carbanti's will be more attainable, only to be replaced with some even harder to obtain gold gear... It never ends...
  • Peer
    299 posts Member
    2findaz wrote: »
    And the funniest, when I have 1400 Crystals saved, the gear goes away for days from shipments, and when I have like 200 crystals it shows up refresh after refresh.

the game knows what you want!

Im also convinced that there is mechanic in the game that lowers the drop rate when you are about to get enough for an upgrade

I am willing to pay sometimes but in the shop I get only stuff I definitely do not need or I might need in some far future if I ever get what I want. Today, before and after morning refresh, there is a Type 4 Stun gun on offer, only 1400 crystals. Everyone has Hundreds or Thousands of Type 4 stun guns. And it really costs the same amount of crystals like the Type 5 thing.

There is a problem with gear supply: what is offered when and to whom is random and absolutely inefficient for everyone, including CG.
  • Osh wrote: »
    A few suggestions summarised from this thread and others:
    • Daily rewards need to be player level orientated. (A level 12 player receives a 3* Training Droid, A level 82 player receives a 7* Training Droid for eg.
    • An extra tier of challenges to include harder to obtain gear.
    • A new Heist for gear
    • Improved Raid gear drops
    • A shop that sells ALL gear items ALL the time that are available for purchase with either trade-in, credits, crystals or your soul. For eg, Mk3 Holoprojector, retails at 300 crystals. Much more cost effective buying them as you would spend way more than 300 on refreshes trying to farm 20 pieces. Guess what happens when I need one, I have to wait 3-4 days for it to return to the store, after which I've either forgotten who needs it or someone else needs one as well, or they release a new character and its like, "Oooh! Piece of candy!"

Hopefully when g12 drops, cuffs and carbanti's will be more attainable, only to be replaced with some even harder to obtain gold gear... It never ends...

+1 some excellent ideas in there