[VIDEOS] THRAWN in Arena! (GK, Thrawn, DN, Chaze)

BzmR94
231 posts Member
VS. Triple Cleanse:
https://youtu.be/OIOl22PdnME

VS. Resistance Hybrid
https://youtu.be/T1vQPyc-uFs

VS. Wedge, GK, R2, Chaze
https://youtu.be/KBZ5w7pJwf0

VS. Empire (with THRAWN)
https://youtu.be/1eWqC4VGYD8

VS. Zader
https://youtu.be/MVkxnIq4dbI

VS. Zaul
https://youtu.be/M2TN2mWgvzI

Replies

• Options
    That triple cleanse fight is perhaps the most boring this game has ever been.
  • BzmR94
    231 posts Member
    Options
    nah triple cleanse vs triple cleanse is worse
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    Only one team that doesn't have kenobi or nihilus lol. The two most plug in and play characters in arena. Doesn't matter who you put with em they bring the meta.
  • BzmR94
    231 posts Member
    Options
    @Sewpot you forgot Chaze
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    BzmR94 wrote: »
    @Sewpot you forgot Chaze

Thing about chaze is it takes 2 of them to really be effective, kenobi or nihilus are solo plug in and play toons. But yes I do feel you on that. I'm guilty as charged for using chaze lol.
  • Options
    Sewpot wrote: »
    Only one team that doesn't have kenobi or nihilus lol. The two most plug in and play characters in arena. Doesn't matter who you put with em they bring the meta.
    Cleverly left out Chaze there... wink wink
  • BzmR94
    231 posts Member
    Options
    @Sewpot i also use them but i wish wouldnt have to :/
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    They should have a none meta bonus. If you don't run the top 5 characters at that moment in arena you get 1 crystal per toon for a maximum bonus of 5 crystals. You run 3 of the top 5 then you get 2 crystals and so on. Just a little incentive to change things up and reward creativity.
  • niko2018
    171 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Kinda want to see vs Jedi meta if possible, and DN lead sith
  • Options
    What can I use on that team if I don't have chaze? Or do I just give up my new thrawn?
  • ScoPi
    54 posts Member
    Options
    What can I use on that team if I don't have chaze? Or do I just give up my new thrawn?

I haven't ever had chaze and was excited for Thrawn because of it. I'm currently running Tarkin L, Thrawn, DT, DN 6*, and wildcard. It's been quite successful once I learned how to use them.
  • niko2018
    171 posts Member
    Options

I heard GK lead zBarriss DT Thrawn DN works pretty well
  • STRIKEBOMB
    1232 posts Member
    Options
    ScoPi wrote: »

I haven't ever had chaze and was excited for Thrawn because of it. I'm currently running Tarkin L, Thrawn, DT, DN 6*, and wildcard. It's been quite successful once I learned how to use them.

Sarcastically, "But how do you do ANYTHING without chaze or GK? A team doesn't work without them!" But really, its nice to see a team that doesn't use chaze or GK. Nihilus I'm fine with seeing everywhere
  • ScoPi
    54 posts Member
    Options
    STRIKEBOMB wrote: »
    Sarcastically, "But how do you do ANYTHING without chaze or GK? A team doesn't work without them!" But really, its nice to see a team that doesn't use chaze or GK. Nihilus I'm fine with seeing everywhere

I really thought Chaze would have been a phase, and for people who talk about rex having a longer tenure, that's really only when Chaze is around, so it's not the same.

I've been very happy with Thrawn even though it was a pain in the tuckus to get him here. When I got DT, I was sad to realize that Krennic would've been a better 5th but so far the wild card is holding well.
  • Options
    Good to see we're still in the Chaze, GK, DN, *insert newest toon here* meta. They keep adding new characters to try to shut down these teams, but people just put the anti-triple-cleanse toon into their triple-cleanse teams and we continue as usual.

Maybe we've just finally reached the point where a set of characters are so effective that nothing can remove them from the meta. This might even mean that we finally see the devs use... gotta whisper this last bit... nerfs.

... Or they'll just add a toon that has a unique which makes them do 10x damage to triple-cleanse toons and stops the character from being able to be placed in a team with any of those characters. That seems more likely.
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    Options
    STRIKEBOMB wrote: »

Sadly gk is the best wildcard. ShT and Krennic are possibilities though.
  • Mastoraz
    156 posts Member
    Options
    It's going to take alot more then thrawn to shake the usual meta
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    Options
    Mastoraz wrote: »
    It's going to take alot more then thrawn to shake the usual meta

Idk I'm starting to hear some pretty big groans from triple cleansers.
  • Options
    Fearbeard wrote: »
    That triple cleanse fight is perhaps the most boring this game has ever been.

+1
  • TofuMao
    630 posts Member
    Options

As someone already said, GK in there for the wildcard and you are set!!! That's my team now, works wonders, haven't fought a zader, sass team yet but we'll see
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    Options
    TofuMao wrote: »

As someone already said, GK in there for the wildcard and you are set!!! That's my team now, works wonders, haven't fought a zader, sass team yet but we'll see

I'm not too worried about zader SA lead because all you would need to do to stomp it is flip Thrawn to lead.
  • VektorT
    111 posts Member
    Options
    Remember when thematic team building and lead sinergy was a thing?
  • Options
    They should give negative arena awards just for using this trash. Wanna use this garbage? You should be charged $5 everytime you play with it. Shame on you both ea and cg for implementing this mess. Bad enough you cant fix the stuff that has been broken for over a year without adding this fecality to the game. I hope the whales and the dev team get off on tugging each other with this mess. Buying crystals? Not anymore.
    VektorT wrote: »

Not anymore either.
  • ARO
    70 posts Member
    Options
    Maybe giving faction bonuses and/or penalties could help mix the arena up a bit. Like if you run opposing factions, or dark and light toons on one team you gain penalties, while pure teams gain team bonuses (apart from rebels ;) )
  • BzmR94
    231 posts Member
    Options
    niko2018 wrote: »

ill make a video against Jedi :)
  • niko2018
    171 posts Member
    Options
    BzmR94 wrote: »
    niko2018 wrote: »

ill make a video against Jedi :)

Thanks, quite curious on how that will go
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    Options
    https://imgur.com/a/bcCS5
    It is a little annoying that these same teams beat me on defense. Though I think one does hack.
  • warmonkey
    1314 posts Member
    Options
    VektorT wrote: »

Omg the game was so much fun back then! I was changing teams all the time trying new combos and using a lot of my roster. Then chaze happened and this whole game turned into get chaze or find five toons that can beat them. Game hasn't been the same since and now I rarely ever change my team or even think about changing it.
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    Options
    Here's a different Thrawn team vs Jedi...

Have to manually control your characters to be effective however (feels almost like cheating)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0m0H2bLGEy8
  • VektorT
    111 posts Member
    Options
    ARO wrote: »
    Maybe giving faction bonuses and/or penalties could help mix the arena up a bit. Like if you run opposing factions, or dark and light toons on one team you gain penalties, while pure teams gain team bonuses (apart from rebels ;) )

I actually think it's a good idea. It doesn't need to be EVERY Dark/Light Side character to have penalties, but, really, mixing up jedis and siths, rebels and imperials, are just "wut"? Maybe not every dark and light side should conflict, but opposing factions would be nice.