Grand Master Yoda

Replies

• Oh well, I only have 3 LS Jedi so I'll be back for the next event.
  • JDREN wrote: »
    7* yoda is not possible at level 70.

Don't make stuff up
  • I'm not new and know who jedi/sith are but maybe the devs need to put that in. What I'm saying is on the hero screen that shows all of them you can change the setting to light and dark side. Perhaps the devs can take this to the next step by adding heading such as jedi/sith/droid/human etc. Just a thought and love the event. Guessing senator palp that you face in the higher end light side battles will have his own next or something so keep that in mind to not only worry about getting your jedi shards but don't forgot your sith shards girls and boys.
  • slampdx wrote: »
    JDREN wrote: »

Don't make stuff up

I can't do it.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Well... I'll be honest. I started to write, "this is kind of sad. It's the wrong kind of grinding, where you just bash your head on the same irresistible wall over and over again, hoping for lucky RNG's." Then I realized I sounded exactly like the ppl who hate on GW all the time. So now I'm confused instead.

I think the main problem is that there's really no way to get better. Can't get a deeper bench, can't level up or gear up any more than I've already done. It still seems to be down to pure luck. And that's not particularly enjoyable.
    I'm sure you will see a few 7 * yodas in a day or two
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Well I got mine to purple gear 7 already and he's only 5* lvl 66 because I ran out of credits...
    Muajin wrote: »
    I'm sure you will see a few 7 * yodas in a day or two

It depends... those upper tier Yoda's are very hard...
    Post edited by Skye on
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • DrD
    91 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Copying and sharing Kylo's Retribution is particularly brutal. Poor Sidious didn't know what hit him.

Kcn0pc1.png
  • DrD wrote: »
    Copying and sharing Kylo's Retribution is particularly brutal. Poor Sidious didn't know what hit him.

Kcn0pc1.png

That's funny af
  • One thing I've been wondering is if you can use the level 6 yoda you would have earned when you face him on level 7? I noticed in the character selection section it shows Yoda. Would he be viable enough at level 6 to help with the very tough level 7 fight? I'm not far enough yet to test, so I figured I would pose this question to those that are in a position to try it.
  • DrD
    91 posts Member
    klay wrote: »
    One thing I've been wondering is if you can use the level 6 yoda you would have earned when you face him on level 7? I noticed in the character selection section it shows Yoda. Would he be viable enough at level 6 to help with the very tough level 7 fight? I'm not far enough yet to test, so I figured I would pose this question to those that are in a position to try it.
    You're forgetting that only 7* Jedi can face him in the tier 7 fight.
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    DrD wrote: »

Kcn0pc1.png

Haha I must do this now!!! :)
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • DrD wrote: »
    klay wrote: »
    One thing I've been wondering is if you can use the level 6 yoda you would have earned when you face him on level 7? I noticed in the character selection section it shows Yoda. Would he be viable enough at level 6 to help with the very tough level 7 fight? I'm not far enough yet to test, so I figured I would pose this question to those that are in a position to try it.
    You're forgetting that only 7* Jedi can face him in the tier 7 fight.

Oh yes, duh. Haha that's right. There goes that idea.
    slampdx wrote: »

Don't make stuff up

I can't do it.

It's a challenge, not the great Yoda giveaway. Try harder, gear up, abilities, etc. when you are ready, get him you will
  • Missing two characters so I can't try for Yoda. *****t. Only people that spend real money can play special events. Who owns this game? Activision?
  • ****. Ran out of training droids at lvl 66......
  • Seriously though how is it possible to do without spending a lot of money? I mean some of the Jedi can only be upgraded through buying data cards. As a person who has spent a little bit of money but can't do a lot how is it possible to get yoda? I am not complaining honestly because I really just want to know, how can someone like myself possibly gain enough stars on my Jedi to be able to get yoda without it taking years?
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Well that's how most app games are laid out these days. If you don't pay, you gotta wait. It's an unfair world.
  • Will Yoda's leader ability give 15% turn meter only to Jedi and only if Jedi resist an attack? Or will Poe's resists make Yodas leader ability proc for Jedi as well? I read it like it will only proc off Jedi's resisting but you need to make sure its just Jedi because if it will proc of Poe's resists, it will be game over for everybody else who hasnt spent thousands..
    Although, the patch that just happened.. I still havent met a first order tie pilot who hasnt attacked less than 3 times or one shot me using his special attack and i still get assist attacks from healing with Phasma as my leader.. Plus I still have level 55's going before my level 70's.. So why patch Yoda's leader ability before people will rage.. Its not like patching does much anyway.
    BTW, Luke was the first guy i went for and every time ive used him as leader ive had more negative effects on my characters than if he wasnt leader.. Its like the tenacity for Lukes ability is - and not +.. Or else luke would be used more as a leader IMO
  • Thanks to FolsomTony and SaintsEater for taking the time to respond.

FolsomTony, you have a good point about the importance of having a balanced roster. I do, actually. I have a strong Dark team and a decent Light team, with alternates for both because I have put the time in to level/augment many characters. For the record, I don't particularly like Arena, nor made specific goals for it. I do reasonably well there, but only because I've spent months crafting strong toons (from both Light & Dark). Nor have I ever looked at anyone else's team and tried to emulate them. I play with the characters I like. I wouldn't feel overjoyed if I had the 5 Jedis for the Yoda promotion either. If they do a future event requiring all Nightsisters, I might do well...but it still is exclusionary in design and would bypass many players, especially those just starting. I could see it if it were simply a Light or Dark requirement, because that standard already exists in the game and is a reasonable expectation. But for me, I was not lucky enough, nor spend crazy enough, to have 5 Jedis-let alone at high levels. The promotion is insidiously designed to drive players to spend ample money at the store. I would posit that, if you have a quality game, people would spend money to enhance their enjoyment, not to meet unrealistic requirements of a Challenge that excludes many.

SaintsEater, if I understood what you meant about the Poe abuses, I think I would have the same aggravation with it as you do. As it stands, I've never used Poe and I've built solid Light and Dark teams, comprised of many leveled characters. My strongest team is half Light, half Dark, which I use in the Arena and GW. I never suggested they should change the Yoda Challenge. It shouldn't exist in the first place, as it is designed. Making a full Dark or Light team battle him would make sense, as that expectation exists in the game. Even if I met the requirement, it still wouldn't be right, as it screws over a large margin of the fan base. I feel if people don't point out the issues now, further, unfair Challenges will appear. Even if those future Challenges work in my favor, it still wouldn't be right. And, as I alluded in my original post, I'm happy that you are one of those that met the requirements and can participate. I don't want what you have, I want a level playing field for everyone.
  • Opticon
    5 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Funny that a lot of you think a 7* Yoda is not already in play...

Qh2rMJM.jpg

As if these HUGE spenders (were 70 in a few days) weren't already ridiculous with their 7* Rey's and Obi-Wan's, and Qui-Gon (before he was put in cantina shop), now they have gear level 8 6* & 7* Yoda....

EDIT:

Anyways I just attacked the first place player in that pic and amazingly won, so I guess he's not SUPER overpowered, but the combo of Qui-Gon (lead) + Poe + Yoda + FOTP or Rey and/or Old Ben is ridiculous, and only the HUGE spenders have that combo.

4VV7nRk.jpg
    ttA2C4n.jpg

Edit: Took out the shout-out to the opponent you defeated. Good victory, but please keep the trash-talk to the minimum. Thanks.
    Post edited by FashionFett on
  • I just finished using QGJ (L), lummi, JC, Kit, Aayla. It's true you need a few lucky misses from yoda but there are also a few tips I found. Don't kill the lakies first, yoda seems to do his aoe after that. Try not to proc any self buffs on your team like QGJs humbling blow as yoda will steal it. Don't harmonious assault when yoda has foresight. Both will miss. Wait for your big hits until yoda has no forsight. Don't hesitate to heal up when as little as two heroes are damaged. Just keep trying. It will happen. Avoid match ups against old Ben or JK guardian as both have aoe ability block.
  • eBitzu
    286 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    No, Yoda is a very powerful character and should be hard to attain. Plus if you are one of those people who chose to farm Poe and GS and egg. Instead of jedi, like I did, then that was your choice and not their fault. I chose to get many characters instead of focusing on a couple and I pay for that in Arena for sure. I'm glad all the Poe/Gs/ect abusers, mostly at least, will have more trouble to get another way strong character. Maybe this way, if Yoda is good enough, other people may be able to gain some ground on previous group I mentioned. I'm not trying to be harsh or mean in any way, I'm just saying how I feel and sorry if it happens to be in response to your post instead of someone else. You can't expect them to completely change the event bc some people who went a certain path in game and now aren't in a position to IMMEDIATELY attain a 7* yoda, especially when they have already benefited from op characters, IMHO of course.

I couldn't have said it better, just enjoy the game and stop taking everything for granted... you're not entitled to ().

I've spend some money on this game but not for Jedi's, I wanted to have Kylo Ren, but I farmed Luminara, JC and Ashoka because they are pretty good, now that QGJ is cantina achievable ... it's easy as hell to farm, stop freaking complaining ... it's really easy to farm Jedi's .. you have them everywhere...

Edit: language
    Post edited by FashionFett on
    Follow on twitter, Subscribe to my channel , 10$ free giveaway here
  • eBitzu
    286 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Shasco wrote: »
    i was excited but the restrictions are stupid, this is why i wont spend money, 85$ for the anakin bundle seriously??????????? no freaking way, i only have 4 jedi and am not interested in getting a 5th because i am always trying to better my arena team so if the restrictions were not so lame i could play in the event. not happy EA you made a super fun game but really silly restrictions and way to expensive bundles, i would gladly pay 10$ for a character if it was worth using in game, i will not pay a dime until there is a realistic bundle available

Then why the he.ll would you want Yoda?
  • Seriously though how is it possible to do without spending a lot of money? I mean some of the Jedi can only be upgraded through buying data cards. As a person who has spent a little bit of money but can't do a lot how is it possible to get yoda? I am not complaining honestly because I really just want to know, how can someone like myself possibly gain enough stars on my Jedi to be able to get yoda without it taking years?

There are totally free options. Try farming a combination of Luminara (GW shipments), Eeth Koth (Arena shipments), JC (starting char, cantina and hard nodes), QGJ (Cantina shipments). There is also Bariss in cantina and hard nodes
  • I don't think people are reading all the comments, it has been said before, it's possible but hard
  • I do think the event is actually quite good. I thought that you´ll only get a limited amount of trys or have to buy refills with crystals. As it is now it is hard but you can try it as often as you want if you have the required toons to do it.

You have to keep in mind that you can get a a really good 7* unit for "free" (he even comes with the credits to star and level him up). Ofc P2P can get it earlier because they have more ressources to spend but eventually everyone can get him.
  • Lxxps
    3 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I think there is something wrong in this event…
    I have 5 Jedis with at least 2*, so I can play the first two battles, I smash Yoda like I eat an apple - nothing exciting - I'm lock at battle 3, as expected.
    Now, my brother - who has only 3 Jedis - want to see Yoda in action and … I cannot show him any fight with Yoda!
    I think there is an important thing that has been forgotten in this event : FUN! Seriously, it is boring.
    There is a lot of way to improve the experience :
    • Yoda could be strong at every level (if Yoda bites my team, that's probably because he's the Grand Master, not?)
    • Player could redo a completed level (why Yoda would not want to train me?)
    • Battles could not be restricted to 5 units, I mean Jedi restriction, stars restriction but no restriction on number of units (if Yoda pulverizes my 3 Jedis, that's a lesson, nothing else)
    Think about it, please.
  • How long will this event be around for?
  • My Jedi are not up to standard fully as of yet...
    5* luminara 25/85
    4* JC 17/65
    3* EC 17/30
    3* QGJ 5/30
    yet to get another that I will use cos Ahsoka is pointless and Luke can't be used so will cantina farm plo koon
This discussion has been closed.