Memories......

Whether we agree or not, whether I rant about prices of upgrades or we feverishly compare battles, Heroes and the sort, one thing that binds us all here in one forum is our love for the Star Wars franchise. As the movie is released in a few days, I thought it would be nice to speak about something outside of SWGOH.

I was actually in attendance at the original release of Star Wars in the theaters in 1977. If it wasn't for Star Wars, I wouldn't have known until later that I needed glasses. I collected all the figures, sent in my 5 proof of purchase seals for the secret early release figures. I had the Star Wars aluminum lunch box. I always loved Vader as my all-time favorite. It's funny to imagine that was so long ago in a galaxy far, far away. My Dad was still alive then, the world was so much different back then and I miss that era. Star Wars for me represents a point in history, a reference for what was...............

Replies

• Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    I was 1 in 1977, so did not see it untill 83/84, then there went a couple years untill I saw "Return of the Jedi" and I din't see "The empire strikes back" untill they rereleased the triologi in Denmark, on video cassettes 9655-af2e-4c1a-84fd-cf5b977f7229.jpg?preset=large
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • I was 7 in 1977 when the movie was released. I made my dad drive through a blizzard to get to the theatre, icy roads, white outs, nasty weather but well worth it.
    About a month later my friends and I went back on a Saturday and sat through 4 straight showings, hiding in the curtains by the back door between shows.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • I was born in 1981 so missed the boat first time round. Saw them all on video when I was 7 or 8, but wasn't particularly hooked. Was a few years later I got hooked when I watched them again. Have since seen the original Trilogy in its entirety at a cinema in Sheffield that had an awesome surround sound system. The Star Destroyer coming overhead in the opening scene was deafening but amazing.
  • In 1977 my mother worked as a Nurse, she was on the 3-11 shift, I had her take me to the Cinema in the afternoon and pick me up when she got off from work.

I think I sat through it 4 times, I never left the theater when the film ended.