What Non Meta do you use? (In arena)

Prev1
Im interested in what other unique groups are out there that i havent thought about.

I run what i dub the "assist squad"

Phasma (L) g10
QGJ g10
Kylo g10
Luminara g10
STH g9
**Chief Nebit** want to sub for STH waiting on gear

I rank below 400 in arena with them, May 2016 shard
If you got any advice pass it on too

Replies

• zQGJ
    Ezra
    GK
    JKA
    zzR2

The damage of this team surprises folks. The extra offense from QGJ lead and R2 adds up.

Ezra calling JKA, if Ezra double taps, is huge damage.

• Been running it since around level 45, currently 82
    Boba L g10
    CAD greedo 88 and zam all gear 8

Stayed top 5 until level 75 or so but took a month off after the sith update and been hovering around 200 since then only doing my 2 daily battles for quests
  • Rex (L) Bistan, EPalp, STH, TFP
  • DRV
    173 posts Member
    Rex, Boba, zKylo, ZYoda, QGJ
  • JTM48
    33 posts Member
    Teebo (L), zylo, yoda, QGJ, EP
  • Zidious (L)
    Zylo
    Fivez
    ZChewie
    Luminara
  • Boba, zylo, SF, K2, B2
  • wisenuts
    561 posts Member
    Zidious (L)
    Zylo
    Fivez
    ZChewie
    Luminara

Nice try
  • Nerfburger73
    153 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Zader, DT, Shore, TFP, and GK have been working very well for me lately.... not many Zader leads at the top any more, but there are 2 of us in our shard that can pull it off for top spots lately. I mainly experimented to find something different and found that these guys still have what it takes!
  • I've used Sidious lead with Kylo, Maul, Savage, and Vader... really fun team
  • flux_rono
    2119 posts Member
    I do droids: hk-47, ig-88, ig-86, jawa engineer, and r2/grievous. All droids but hk gear 11, jawa engineer is gear 9 i think.

Though its hard to use sometimes with all of the anti crit meta characters
  • Napoli
    544 posts Member
    Assuming Wiggs is no longer meta (since he's not Rex, Zaul, Zader, Nihilus, or Kenobi):

Wedge/Biggs/R2/K2/Cassian (Arena #3)
  • I'm still running a Zader team with a fast Boba followed by EP and Nihilus, with Shoretrooper tanking. If everything goes right the enemy doesn't get to use their specials at all, if it goes wrong I can still usually win if EP doesn't die right at the start.

Unfortunately while I can often take first on my admittedly somewhat weak arena I still fall more than I would like overnight, so I am switching to a Rex/Wiggs/Chaze team as soon as I get a few more carbantis.

I do plan to finish Deathtrooper one more level to gear 11, and then gear up Thrawn so as to have the option to switch back to an empire team right after I finish R2 though.
  • Full First Order. Full gear, full Zeta.
    Great fun.
  • Full First Order. Full gear, full Zeta.
    Great fun.

Agreed. Working on third zeta, but love using them, and they are surprisingly viable.
    Zidious (L)
    Zylo
    Fivez
    ZChewie
    Luminara

Really? If you actually head Chewie Zeta'd I'd love to see video.
  • I run Imperial Troopers in arena right now...Zeta Veers (L) DT,StT,SnT,MagT, I always auto and stay around 200. Not great but certainly not terrible
  • I run a reworked version of an old meta f2p team with some variation to counter the chaze and Rogue1 teams that my shard is heavy with. Can take #1 most days, though it took me finding proper speed mods to climb from constantly placing 30-40s to top10.

Lando (L)
    Boba
    STHan
    Palpatine
    QGJ (for dispel, offense up, and tm removal)
  • I recently put poggle back in arena with hk 88 r2 b2. Surprisingly I held rank better than I do with JE.
    Intergalactic space slugs are recruiting. Pm me if interested in entering the slug life. ~°° ♡
  • I recently put poggle back in arena with hk 88 r2 b2. Surprisingly I held rank better than I do with JE.

I have poggle unlocked but never used him with my droids, how do you use him?
  • flux_rono wrote: »
    I do droids: hk-47, ig-88, ig-86, jawa engineer, and r2/grievous. All droids but hk gear 11, jawa engineer is gear 9 i think.

When does GG become viable for droids? I have him 50ish shards short of 7 star and g8
  • zThrawn, vader, ep, shoretrooper and deathtrooper.
  • Ekim
    2 posts Member
    zGar, Shore, zKrooper, Thrawn!
  • Ekim wrote: »

@Ekim thats a pretty cool squad. how do u fair on D. mine i have been top 20 but by morning im usually upper 30s 40s.
  • Mikepins
    102 posts Member
    I have fun with
    Zader
    Zylo
    Zoba
    Shore
    Tfp
    And sit 30-60 with no refreshes
  • JTSM
    48 posts Member
    Maxed FO, get crushed on defence but sit around 20-30. Can get 1st but there's loads of us at the same payout so it's rare.
  • JTSM wrote: »
    Maxed FO, get crushed on defence but sit around 20-30. Can get 1st but there's loads of us at the same payout so it's rare.

Respect, FO are cool. A few arena mates have a FO squad as well, but rarely use it because of the though competition at the top.
    SWGOH.gg profile - Our guild, 3720 to 1, has 1 spot open! [49/50].
  • JTSM
    48 posts Member
    JTSM wrote: »

Respect, FO are cool. A few arena mates have a FO squad as well, but rarely use it because of the though competition at the top.

Cheers man they're such fun to play and I can't blame your team mates at all, I'm constantly targeted for how bad the AI plays them. Also I don't have the heart to swap them out.
  • STRIKEBOMB
    1232 posts Member
    Droids. HK, zR2, 88, GK, JE. And no, I'm not on a new server. I joined a few months ( 2 or 3 i think) after release. Top 20 everyday and top 10 every 3 days or so.
  • Ekim
    2 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Ekim wrote: »

@Ekim thats a pretty cool squad. how do u fair on D. mine i have been top 20 but by morning im usually upper 30s 40s.

About the same. It's a bit of a chore to rank well, but it's super fun to play.
  • STRIKEBOMB
    1232 posts Member
    jejuzang wrote: »
    flux_rono wrote: »

When does GG become viable for droids? I have him 50ish shards short of 7 star and g8

Never. He's terrible for the amount of effort you need. And he's just not very useful for most fights anyway. But hopefully that will change with a rework :)