Quick and easy fix to mod management ... please please please!

Tiggus
766 posts Member
We all know mod management is a huge pain point, and a part of the solution is something like swgoh.gg, another part is a spreadsheet program, and the sum of is just too complex to ever see the light of day.

But a quick and easy one that would solve most of the pain is this:
  1. View a toon I'd like to apply mods to (target toon, e.g. my new Thrawn)
  2. Use a new action "Move mods from", choose the source toon (e.g. a Boba Fett I don't use that much anymore)
  3. (No confirmation button) bam, done! All the mods of Boba are now on Thrawn (not yet confirmed - no credit paid yet). From there, it's the normal flow: confirm and pay, or revert any moved mod (then goes back where it comes from, to Boba), or replace any with one from inventory.
  4. If there was a mod on Thrawn already, leave it alone, just don't transfer that one (same as transfer then replace).

One single action replaces 6 (+ 7 confirmations) and the hassle of finding the relevant mods in the heap of the inventory.
No need to develop any complex new set of screens for mod sets, as we can now use our unused toons as such.

In the mean time, and I'm sure I'm speaking for more than myself alone, the lack of mod management is a barrier to me trying out new toons, participating in some events (e.g. the separatists one... are the rewards really worth 1 hour of messing around with mods?) and updating my arena / raid teams as often as I'd like to, not because of the price (credits), but the time needed to do it.
☮ Consular ☮ - https://swgoh.gg/u/tiggus/

Replies

• That would be a great step forward!
    Also would be good if when looking for mods we had an option to see all available mods including those that are already equiped.
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    Thing is, they want you to farm mods or buy them. This eliminates the need to do just that.
  • Wouldn't it be better to be able to save not only a squad (as we currently have) but also the mods you like on them? That way for raids, gw or arena you just select the squad you have pre prepared that are modded and ready to go.
  • Tiggus
    766 posts Member
    DracuLaura wrote: »
    Wouldn't it be better to be able to save not only a squad (as we currently have) but also the mods you like on them? That way for raids, gw or arena you just select the squad you have pre prepared that are modded and ready to go.

@DracuLaura Yes definitely, but it looks like more development work. Hopefully we get something, anything, next week...
    ☮ Consular ☮ - https://swgoh.gg/u/tiggus/