Mid (level 40s) Life crisis

Ok. Here I am at Level 47. It was mostly a fun ride until the low 40s but now the grinding begins and the true imbalances are starting to show.

Credits: I have 2.1 million credits, mostly from completing the Galactic War daily, but not much to spend them on. So a few times a day I purchase all gear for sale in Shipments. Do you think this gear would be usable to level up some heroes? No. It's all pretty useless as my level 47 characters don't seem to need any of them.

Gear: All of my best and favorite heroes are Gear Levels V and VI. And they need a ridiculous amount of gear for one slot. Many of them need 5 dupes that barely drop from missions that I grind daily. To make matters worse, many characters need the same type of gear. And I'm having trouble getting 5 drops. Yikes!

Leveling: It seems that character level takes a distant back seat to ability level and gear level. Increasing a character level might give you 2-5 increase in a base stat, but not much else. Do they even get more hitpoints for leveling?

Ability Mats: Aside from the 2x a week you can gain mats from Challenges, we are stuck getting mats from the Galactic War. If you hit one of those ridiculously overpowered teams early. You can kiss the rest of those mats goodbye for the day. But, why do I have so many tier 3 ability mats when there is no use for them in the near future. Dooku's Hindering Press if Level 5 and his upgrade to level 6 doesn't even need a tier 3. And I can't level him until player level 56. Why do I have 20 tier 3s when I should be rewarded tiers that I could actually use?

In short, it seems like the game has really stalled out at these levels. A lot of grinding with nothing happening. I wish I could buy something I actually needed with my credits, like mats or higher tier gear. Instead of needing specific gear to level up a Gear Level wouldn't it be more fun to stick whatever gear we like in those slots until we get some cool rare drop that really boosts a character? Kind of like a typical RPG.
Will there be any special events coming up? Any more chance to purchase character packs? New characters?

Replies

• Just you wait. If you think needing stacks of 5 is bad. Wait until it's multiple stacks of 20 for one piece of gear
  • The credits are needed for the star upgrades with 1 million being your final level. Save as much as you can now it won't last
  • Tryban
    114 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Yeah, 50s aren't any better. 20 purple gear drops and need that about 10 times right now to upgrade some of my characters who are maxed on gear until all those drop.
    Grind, save, and enjoy the little things until you run out of energy...lol
    If you get too bored, try some different team combos with lower characters on lower level challenges and progression matches. I've discovered some things that I'm curious to try when I get them upgraded.
    "That is why you fail."
  • Naecabon
    1243 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Uhh, every skill-up needs Tier 3 mats after Level 3. If you aren't seeing it it's probably because you aren't scrolling down. Trust me, you'll be glad you have those Tier 3 mats eventually. They're the bottleneck.

And yeah, gear gets worse. So much worse. I keep eyeing those level 64 slots that'll unlock in the future and the 0/50's really make me uncomfortable =/
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    It gets worse. I just wish that ea would make 100 percent drops. I'm a big spender in this game... Relatively. But I hate simming battles for gear. Please take my $ some other way ea
  • ioniancat21
    2091 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Being in the 50s for me is also pretty depressing as well. My only joy is just getting my stuff at 6 and 12 every day and seeing my shards go up in number. I don't care about battles, the levels, it's all about "how many shards and crystals can I acquire each day?" EA should have anticipated this though and made levels open more quickly and in higher quantity. Whether free or pay, there shouldn't be such large, forced dead spots in the game. How much fun are Level 60s having right now replaying old levels to nauseum? I've been waiting almost a month for another Cantina level to even open. My only hope is that those unused holotables will open to be something to keep us entertained....
  • Called this issue within the first couple of days playing. It was clear the progression system was messed up, but it's so new that I'm sure they'll adjust it in an update soon.
  • Thanks for the tips, guys. Didn't realize about the tier 3 ability mats because only the teir 1 and 2s are displayed on my phone I guess. I did just realize after posting this, the gear slots that need 20 dupes of an item, lol.
  • I was so happy when I finally got luminara to 7☆ &gear VII just to realize gear VIII is gonna be a drag....good call on testing diffrent toon strategies on lower levels.....also I had 3 million yesterday, now down to 600k. After promoting one 7☆ ,two 6☆, n lv upgrades for my 10 main toons....it goes quik.....
  • I'll go through 500k just to increase my top 5 by 1 level after i level up. I have a few heroes i am bubbling up from the bottom as well, and find myself without any credits daily.
    "There is no 'try'." - Master Yoda
  • I'm 45, i keep 1M credits stashed for the future and spend the rest leveling my guys. I always do the hardest available level for a particular piece of eq, but if i fail to get it after 3 tries, i switch to another option. and i try as much as i can to auto those instead of sim tix. I just take a bunch of aoe guys and click auto. I prefer to sim the Cantina and the hard battles since those are more annoying to repeat and i'm grinding them for shards.

I think spend most of my game time in and related GW. Winning the GW gives you enough credits for 3 shipments so that's a lot of chances to open some new toons, which require upgrading, gearing up, etc...

It might start to become a grind, but i'm still psyched in the morning when i have a fresh batch of stuff to do for the day in the game.
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Robobob wrote: »

Ability Mats: Aside from the 2x a week you can gain mats from Challenges, we are stuck getting mats from the Galactic War. If you hit one of those ridiculously overpowered teams early. You can kiss the rest of those mats goodbye for the day. But, why do I have so many tier 3 ability mats when there is no use for them in the near future. Dooku's Hindering Press if Level 5 and his upgrade to level 6 doesn't even need a tier 3. And I can't level him until player level 56. Why do I have 20 tier 3s when I should be rewarded tiers that I could actually use?

Sorry this made me chuckle!! :p I can tell you once your abilities hit level 3, you actually need tier 3 mats for later levels... If you say no they don't... I suggest you go to any level 3 or higher ability look at the description and then put your finger on the mats window and scroll down!
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • I've been playing since Nov release. ..have multiple level 3+ abilities unlocked...n never knew where these purple mats went until I accidentally scrolled down on the mats lmfao.....I instantly felt like a jackass haha
  • Fighton wrote: »
    I've been playing since Nov release. ..have multiple level 3+ abilities unlocked...n never knew where these purple mats went until I accidentally scrolled down on the mats lmfao.....I instantly felt like a jackass haha
    Well in your defense the scrollbar doesn't show until you click on the window with your finger.
  • Robobob
    117 posts Member
    edited December 2015

Yup. Like Camalus said, I never noticed because there was no side scroll bar until you touch that window. Still I have a ton of tier 3s it seems where I'm always needing the tier 1s.