People judged the empire pass too quickly.

Prev13
Olddumper
3000 posts Member
Thrawn is doing serious work in arena. The 3 teams on my shard that added him are holding much better. 2 are empire heavy squads. His AI is actually not bad at all especially if you have him modded correctly. I've made it to payout each of the last 4 days without using a battle to stay top 5 at the start of my payout hour. This is with a g9 Thrawn. I think we are in for a round 2 of bring back Palp threads except this time it's Thrawn.

Replies

• Interesting, what are the 3 teams?
  • Hard to call it an empire pass when you also released a full rebels squad + and a legendary rebels character alongside it.
  • We got, what? A new legendary empire and a meh rework of tarkin?
  • Hard to call it an empire pass when you also released a full rebels squad + and a legendary rebels character alongside it.

?

full rebel squad (a.k.a. Phoenix) was BEFORE the pass.
    R2 requires EMPIRE.
  • ItsJarJarBinkz
    2494 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    I have a couple Zader teams that do well. I'll post them in a sec
    Too lazy to post all here's the gallery all in the top 20
    https://imgur.com/a/Hjs5W

?

full rebel squad (a.k.a. Phoenix) was BEFORE the pass.
    R2 requires EMPIRE.

Phoenix didn't come out in close proximity to gar Saxon and company? If I remember correctly they came out afterwards. Even still we got one viable character. Yay....
  • Gar and imperial super commando came out after phoenix
  • I have a couple Zader teams that do well. I'll post them in a sec

Looking forward to it. When you say they do well, what do you mean? Are they dropping less than then triple cleanse and maul teams? I find that no matter which team I use, I typically drop from 1st to about 15th over 24 hours. If empire is dropping around the same, there isn't much incentive to train switch squads.
  • ItsJarJarBinkz
    2494 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    NicolBolas wrote: »

Looking forward to it. When you say they do well, what do you mean? Are they dropping less than then triple cleanse and maul teams? I find that no matter which team I use, I typically drop from 1st to about 15th over 24 hours. If empire is dropping around the same, there isn't much incentive to train switch squads.

I posted them. They stay in the top 30 I'd say consistently. Maul died completely on my shard. Only 1 in the top 50.
    Edit it was mainly Tarkin lead.
  • Polarice
    113 posts Member
    I think you will find it subjective to your shard/leaderboard. Im on the September 2015 shard and those that are running thrawn can punch up into top 10 just like most teams on offense. On defense those same teams still get dropped anywhere down into the 50s.
  • Vertigo
    4496 posts Member

@ItsJarJarBinkz Do you have any teams w/o GK? Just wondering who would fit well there as I don't have GK yet but kinda wanna try a Zader setup after I gear Thrawn. Also Krennic is out of the question as well lol. I have Chaze, but the whole point of going to Zader is that I wouldn't be using Chaze but if I have to I could run Zader, Chaze, Thrawn, DT or Nihilus or someone else.
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    Polarice wrote: »
    I think you will find it subjective to your shard/leaderboard. Im on the September 2015 shard and those that are running thrawn can punch up into top 10 just like most teams on offense. On defense those same teams still get dropped anywhere down into the 50s.

People need to stop acting like most of the shard are different now. Most shards everybody at the top has 100 plus toons unlocked and we all started mods at he same time. For all I care they could merge all the shards.
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Empire pass was for the month of May. Thrawn came out after the pass. Everyone thought pass was done, and understandably so. But, if Thrawn is giving Empire more arena presence then that is cool by me. Sick of Chaze.
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    https://imgur.com/a/3PjAr

Here I am currently on my shard. You can see I didn't even need my 5 battles today. The other Thrawn team is studly as well.
  • I did some tests with my nearly maxed Tarkin with Thrawn, DT, TFP and Shore. Very solid on offense. I like it. My snowtrooper is also doing well in that comp in place of TFP but I like TFP's speed. Tarkin is a good lead IMO
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    I did some tests with my nearly maxed Tarkin with Thrawn, DT, TFP and Shore. Very solid on offense. I like it. My snowtrooper is also doing well in that comp in place of TFP but I like TFP's speed. Tarkin is a good lead IMO

Tarkin is perfect for F2P who want a ton of utility form 1 toon. He is great in raids ships arena and GW. He is easy to gear and you can pass on his zeta's. He is a very solid toon across many parts of the game.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    People on the internet judged something too quickly?

INCONCEIVABLE!
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • IdraRage
    259 posts Member
    I think it's because many expected the Empire pass to put an end to the Rebel era- not to just make Empire competitive.
  • Riffinator
    2585 posts Member
    Mzee wrote: »
    Empire pass was for the month of May. Thrawn came out after the pass. Everyone thought pass was done, and understandably so. But, if Thrawn is giving Empire more arena presence then that is cool by me. Sick of Chaze.

No thrawn was the end of the pass
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Yes to the judged too quickly. All those who think they in any way disrupted the chaze meta should look again.
  • @Olddumper u clearly have an easy shard. It doesn't matter when u started if most people quit. I haven't seen a wedge lead in the top 10 in over a year. I love Empire and run Empire but you are delusional in your posts here. Shards are crazy different and the fact that you don't think so makes your posts less credible.
  • Vertigo wrote: »

@ItsJarJarBinkz Do you have any teams w/o GK? Just wondering who would fit well there as I don't have GK yet but kinda wanna try a Zader setup after I gear Thrawn. Also Krennic is out of the question as well lol. I have Chaze, but the whole point of going to Zader is that I wouldn't be using Chaze but if I have to I could run Zader, Chaze, Thrawn, DT or Nihilus or someone else.

One and instead of GK it's Palpatine at rant 28.
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    Polarice wrote: »
    Skykraker wrote: »
    @Olddumper u clearly have an easy shard. It doesn't matter when u started if most people quit. I haven't seen a wedge lead in the top 10 in over a year. I love Empire and run Empire but you are delusional in your posts here. Shards are crazy different and the fact that you don't think so makes your posts less credible.
    @Skykraker go ahead and try to justify the quote above. Does running Thrawn in your shard mean you will drop to 50 over night too? People are delusional when they see a comp holding top 10 on a mature shard and then say it would drop to 50th on their own shard though. It's a myth empire doesn't hold on D. It's a myth that Thrawn lead is unusable because of AI.

People who find empire or Thrawn don't hold well on D probably just have comparably poor mods to the rest of their shard and their Rex lead has helped them hide that fact. It is indefensible to say a number 1 team on many shards (Thrawn gk DT DN and ShT) would fall to 50 overnight.

Yes all shards are different. Some are tougher than others. But at the end of the day the teams collecting 500 crystals are going to be able to build squads similar to the squads collecting 500 crystals a day on a different shard. A lot of people are under the impression that because their whole shard is made of triple cleanse it makes it tough. News flash, the more triple cleanse you see on your shard the easier it probably is. Most of the top guilds are running comps focused around the reworked empire or the new Ahsoka. If you roll down TI rosters you will see plenty of wedge lead. Wedge lead can't be that bad if people who can pick from a list of all the toons are deciding to use him.

• @Skykraker I'm sorry but your post is an embarrassment. Ofc every shard is different what rock have you been hiding under. You obviously pay no attention to overall arena trends and I can't comment on the strength of your shard but I can surmise it must be fairly boring and backward if you haven't seen anyone using a Wedge lead in 12 months.

@Olddumper This is interesting, those Thrawn teams had already been flagged up by a guildmate and it definitely has massive potential. What @Skykraker fails to realise is that most developed shards have their own chats where people discuss the finer points of the team comps and how they fare on defence. My guildmate gets to talk to people that have faced his team who tell him it is infinitely harder than his triple cleanse or Rebel/Fatz comps etc etc.

Only caveat is that it's new. Often new comps gain traction in the short term because they may require minor adjustments to tactics or mods to deal with. My resources have taken a real bashing recently but I for one will be at least putting a little more effort into Empire.
  • Mazurka
    961 posts Member
    Yo.. I tried the comp on old dumpers pic
    Thrawn L DT nih shore GK

It's insane. Extremely good if you can get speed on everyone. They get a bunch of tm quickly and it's beautiful to watch on full auto, even with all the pointless cleanses. Thanks man!
  • I think the empire pass brought a lot of empire units to the point of almost viable, and then Thrawn at the end finally allowed synergy to reach critical mass and bring empire to full viability. It possible that triple cleanse type mixed squads may still be slightly stronger in general, but people have gotten an awful lot of practice at beating those squads and empire offers a lot of very different options that I think will make figuring out the best way to play against them fairly difficult.

Even as I am finally bringing my own FTP Chaze team online I am planning out future resource usage to make sure I can switch back to empire if it becomes necessary.
  • Tatebomb
    797 posts Member
    Mazurka wrote: »
    Yo.. I tried the comp on old dumpers pic
    Thrawn L DT nih shore GK

It's insane. Extremely good if you can get speed on everyone. They get a bunch of tm quickly and it's beautiful to watch on full auto, even with all the pointless cleanses. Thanks man!

I run that arena team also. It's so fun. Unbeatable on offense. Everyone is beatable on defense but I don't drop far overnight.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    On my arena there are currently 4 thrawn teams. The whale that adopted thrawn has never fallen out of top 10 yet (while he certainly does on triple cleanse).

I consider empire pass the healthy way to update. Though I'm not sure future releases/passes will follow suit. So it's downhill for empire from here forth.

As f2p I'm on the edge of doing empire for the fun of it, or just stick with triple cleanse and keep hoarding.

May not be the best topic to ask for this; what's your opinion on zetaing ebb&flow (thrawn unique)?

• Bt_7274
    357 posts Member
    I both agree and disagree,well it wasnt judging troopers are actually very lacking in arena,but tarkin and thrawn are amazing,top 20 on dec 15/jan 16 shard with zader lead thrawn(no zeta) tarkin(no zeta) dt(no zeta ) and krennic
    discord:Darth Woodman#6467,looking for shardmates:Warrior ìN,skirge2000,GlideX,erykgx,harunalp,TDB,Kiwida,dyloot,pm me on discord plz
  • Josh_K
    1150 posts Member
    Skykraker wrote: »
    @Olddumper u clearly have an easy shard. It doesn't matter when u started if most people quit. I haven't seen a wedge lead in the top 10 in over a year. I love Empire and run Empire but you are delusional in your posts here. Shards are crazy different and the fact that you don't think so makes your posts less credible.

Wedge leads made a strong comeback with r2. Especially with ATF and good mods, these teams hold top 10 easily on my shard.