Who's better for my arena team? Kenobi or Nihilus?

plindboe
281 posts Member
I've finally managed to climb to rank 20. It all started when I got Baze a couple of months ago. My dream is to reach rank 1 though, although it may take ages before that will be possible.

Anyway, here's my arena team-> https://swgoh.gg/u/plindboe/
And my roster-> https://swgoh.gg/u/plindboe/collection/

Even though Palpatine is great, he often snuffs it first, and I was thinking about replacing him with either Darth Nihilus or General Kenobi. They are both gear VIII now though, so they will require some work first.

Which of these two characters do you guys think will be best on my team? Or do you think I should work on both of them and replace an additional character on my team? Feel free to criticize my mods as well.

Any replies are very welcome.

Replies

• I'm not experienced with GK, but I think the dual taunts could make your team really tough. Nihilus is a little redundant with Boba. I feel like the AI would have trouble with it because Boba would be faster and use his ability block, and then Nihilus would use his ability cooldown as his first move. On offense it would work great because you could save DN's cooldown ability until Boba's block wore off, but the AI would stack them, making the second attack useless.

My vote would be GK. You could swap out DN for Boba and see if you like that setup. Eventually the goal would obviously be to unlock and star up Chirrut. You are missing the "ch" of Chaze!
  • rawman
    685 posts Member
    Both are great in pretty much any squad for arena. DN is much easier to gear though, GK is a gear hungry monster. But both are worth the effort.
  • Sith1
    314 posts Member
    I personally don't have gk but I do have DN at g10 and he has been in my squad since the beginning. I've ran DN (l) rex(l) and zader (l) he has been in all lineup can't replace him too good. DN is easy to gear so you could sub ep out once you get him to gear 10. Your team comp would be excellent imo rex(l) DN gk baze and zylo/boba. DN might work better with fast boba cause you are ability blocking first giving DN a better chance to increase cool down. Imo Rex DN gk baze top 4 then you can choose 5th spot. Who ever works best for you and your shard
  • I use both gk and DN. I run DN, SiT, SA, GK, and Rex. Both are worth the effort. And 2 tanks work well when it's the right tanks.

I'd definitely run both. I used to run EP and found similar findings... He dies first more often than not.
  • Need to get chirrut..
    Rex, DN, r2, gk, baze what you should be running with what you have. Kylo blows on D. Boba & ep are both too squishy.