Thrawn Basic Question

So I have a question regarding the mechanic of Thrawns basic. So I understand that his basic applies a speed up which will turn into an AB when it expires. I also understand that this will happen at the END of the toons turn, so I have no qualms about that. My question comes about the interaction with it being dispelled before the turn comes.

I have noticed that in my zader squad if a toon has a speed up from Thrawn, and then Zader uses force crush which will turn that speed up into a speed down, AB is not applied. Is this the way it should be working? I have not tried testing it with a standard dispel from other toons either. In my mind if the speed up gets dispelled/changed it has technically expired, so therefore an AB should be applied. Thoughts?

Replies

• Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    Both Speed Up and Speed Down are technically on the target at the same time, from what I understand. Visually, they only show the Speed Down debuff, for strategic purposes, so you can plan your actions. Try and wait until that character's next turn and see if they suddenly get Ability Block as well as still having Speed Down.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • So if both speed up and speed down are on at the same time, does that mean speed will just be set back to normal? I have not really thought about it that way before.

So I guess a follow up question would be does anyone know if dispelling the speed up applies AB?
  • Yes it does. For example, if Thrawn attacks and gives speed up and then DT GOES and does AOE dispel, the toon with Speed up will become blocked.
  • Cool. DT is on my long list of toons that need to be farmed...
  • Platzman
    284 posts Member
    Standard dispel turns speed up to ability block. Tested many times, my team has Thrawn and DN...
  • Platzman
    284 posts Member
    Standard dispel turns speed up to ability block. Tested many times, my team has Thrawn and DN...
  • SpeedRacer
    1037 posts Member
    Yes it does. For example, if Thrawn attacks and gives speed up and then DT GOES and does AOE dispel, the toon with Speed up will become blocked.
    Against jedi theres a trick here, hit yoda with thrawn speed up, wait for him to use BM so will spread it to everyone, use DT then, all enemies get ability block. B)

• Hmmm, that sounds really smart, I wonder if it works
  • I think they changed it so u see both now. Bc at first it disappeared but now it shows both speed up and speed down