New on the game

A friend of mine started to play today. I've recommended to her investing on STH on arena and AA, than with both unlocked, keep buying STH until 7*. I've recommended Boba in cantina and later QGJ. But, I don't know how to explain with accuracy the best tips, so what should a begginer do in your opinion?
Tks :)

Replies

• one of the best things for a beginner, especially someone that's getting help from an upper level player....get good allies
  • A friend of mine started to play today. I've recommended to her investing on STH on arena and AA, than with both unlocked, keep buying STH until 7*. I've recommended Boba in cantina and later QGJ. But, I don't know how to explain with accuracy the best tips, so what should a begginer do in your opinion?

Tell her to quit before she gets addicted like the rest of us....

No, but seriously, tell her to try start farming rebels/ sith as they help throughout all parts of the game, and to try to find a guild that she can get rancor rewards from early on... :)
  • Blackbeardpepe
    1481 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    I would recommend resistance and sith.
  • If she wanna stay f2p there is quite a lot of sites giving tips, make sure to get a updated one. If she want to spent, no matter the amount, do it as early as possible to gain the best return value
  • I'd recommend she farm Phoenix and Resistance. She'll be ahead of the curve for all of the legendary events.
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    I think smithieD on youtube runs some videos for ppl who just started playing.. he started a new account for it not long ago.. google him
    May the force be with you. It shall free you.
  • Tks for the tips guys!
  • I'll search his videos, I like SmithieD videos
  • J0K3R wrote: »
    I think smithieD on youtube runs some videos for ppl who just started playing.. he started a new account for it not long ago.. google him

I found a great video of him, tks!
  • you should highly consider phoenix squad because they get you both for both palpatine and thrawn and those characters are 2 empire which helps you get r2 easier
  • Definitely scoundrels for credit heists, sooner the better to then work easier on the rest.
  • Ciel_6
    178 posts Member
    @Vampire_X created the academy for just this purpose.
  • ToxicFish wrote: »
    Definitely scoundrels for credit heists, sooner the better to then work easier on the rest.

Agreed, Lando and sth are both great starters because of their scoundrel/rebel tags....
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Get her to ally invite all yer guild members so she has strong allies.
    Scoundrels for heists.
    Teach her how to do all her dailies and earn 600/600 so she's ready for a guild.
    Join a guild when she's ready asap.
    Tell her the multiple times a day to log in to collect energys.
    Most importantly, have fun!!!
  • Stockpile MK3 Sienars from the Guild Shop for as long as they are available. Maybe get Luke there & Sabine, but the Sienars will eventually go away...
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    Ciel_6 wrote: »
    @Vampire_X created the academy for just this purpose.

YES! =) ,

Send people to the acadamey!, the archive has a lot of good source data - but we will continue to grow it with the community help. Engagement on that area is all about you! Especially new and growing players

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/categories/the-archives
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • ToxicFish wrote: »
    Definitely scoundrels for credit heists, sooner the better to then work easier on the rest.

Agreed. Invest in this early and then level up faster later.
  • You could have a look into this thread:
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/86926/adaptive-f2p-guide/p1
    It is a Beginners Guide and what toon to farm when and where.
  • UoJCAM
    213 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    If she is going to spend, bundles are the best bang for your buc;, don't buy Crystals and spend on packs - only on gear and refreshes and occasional shards.
  • Tyrael
    65 posts Member
    A friend of mine started to play today. I've recommended to her investing on STH on arena and AA, than with both unlocked, keep buying STH until 7*. I've recommended Boba in cantina and later QGJ. But, I don't know how to explain with accuracy the best tips, so what should a begginer do in your opinion?

Agree with st Han, boba then QGJ, probably lando cantina, Biggs or phasma in gw. Wouldn't really go for AA early though - free 4* unlock for ships and probably other better rebels for 7* ep (maybe Phoenix as others mentioned to have a jump on Thrawn).

Don't forget to recommend some scoundrels for those pesky training droid and credit heists!
  • STH BOBA LANDO focus them while getting Biggs to 7* asap.
  • Byakuya
    392 posts Member
    Scoundrels and rancor team as soon as possible
  • Yeah, getting 5 Scoundrels together should be new players #1 priority. Lando, STHan & Boba Fett are the first 3 characters new players should go all out on.
  • I'd recommend she farm Phoenix and Resistance. She'll be ahead of the curve for all of the legendary events.

Lol