It's time for a Clone Troopers upgrade

BulYwif
1977 posts Member
edited June 2017
Clone troopers are only good in AAT. It would be cool to see some Clones in arena too. Imo only 3 of them needs some improvments.

CT-5555 "Fives"

Change his leader skill to a unique.
Veteran Clone Trooper
Clone allies gain 80% Defense and other allies gain half that amount.
Zeta: Whenever an ally falls below 100% Health, that ally gain Protection Up (+30%) for 2 turns.
If that ally is a Clone, CT-5555 Fives taunts for one turn.

CT-21-0408 "Echo"

EMP Grenade
Deal Special damage to all enemies and Dispel all positive status effects on them.
Remove 5% TM for each effects dispelled that way. This TM removal cannot be resisted.

Follow-up (Unique)
Whenever another ally uses a Basic ability during their turn, Echo has a 30% chance to Assist, dealing 40% less damage. This Assist chance is doubled if the attacking ally is a Clone.
Zeta: Whenever Echo assist, inflict a debuff for 2 turns (Attacker: Stun, Healer/Support: Ability Block, Tank: Buff Immunity). Krennic style.

Clone Sergeant
The main dealer of the Clone Troopers. Just modify his basic a little bit.
Z-6 Rotary Blaster
Deal Physical damage to target enemy and gain 50% TM on a critical hit.
This attacks adds 5% Offense for every positive status effects on the target.

Thoughts.

Replies

• I have been 7*in and gearing my clones hoping they get a "imperial trooper" esc buff soon... Ea pls
  • ilNomad
    236 posts Member
    Good compromise would be a Galactic Republic rework, with the introduction of the tag recently. That would include Clones as well as the relevant Jedi. Nothing really happening for that tag since they put it in.
  • Riffinator
    2586 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Love the fives unique I feel that will make him really useful
    One thing is I don't think it should be a zeta. One he already has one and two the ability seems needed normally not really extra special
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Tyrael
    65 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    "It would be cool to see some Clones in arena too."

Is yours not littered with Rex leads?

I'm guessing you mean clone squads which is a fair point that they're not really viable for top-tier arena squads but not many full-faction squads seem to be very common in top arena anyway. (Correction Sith, empire, and rebels did have a time, galactic republic I personally don't count cause it is such a big cluster of other factions).

I'd be hesitant to make another duo squad or even triple squad that is OP similar to wiggs or chaze, but if they're about the same that could be fun and add diversity.
    Post edited by Tyrael on
  • Tyrael wrote: »
    Not many full-faction squads seem to be very common in top arena anyway.

I've noticed that too, I wonder why? (Not sarcasm btw)
  • I like the Echo EMP grenade. There need to be more ways to counter the insane number of positive status effects a good Jedi army can bring.
  • Mcmole
    157 posts Member
    I'm ok with this.
  • Technically zQGJ lead/z2 squads are full faction squads (galactic republic), the sith were relevant as full faction, rebels also of course. Chaze, Wiggs, R2 probably your best bet with them
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Riffinator wrote: »
    Love the fives unique I feel that will make him really useful
    One thing is I don't think it should be a zeta. One he already has one and two the ability seems needed normally not really extra special

Agree. I also thought of that yesterday and it should be an Omega.
    Tyrael wrote: »
    "It would be cool to see some Clones in arena too."

Is yours not littered with Rex leads?

I'm guessing you mean clone squads which is a fair point that they're not really viable for top-tier arena squads but not many full-faction squads seem to be very common in top arena anyway. (Correction Sith, empire, and rebels did have a time, galactic republic I personally don't count cause it is such a big cluster of other factions).

I'd be hesitant to make another duo squad or even triple squad that is OP similar to wiggs or chaze, but if they're about the same that could be fun and add diversity.

Only Rex can be seen in arena now, sometimes, and rarely Fives under a GK lead.
    I've fought a team with Chaze in GW some days ago. I get rid of 3 toons and only Chaze remained in the game. So, I've launched my Clones against them (all gr 10-11 7*, I'm using them for P4 hAAT) and they kicked my whole team. The DoTs kept these 2 alive.
    Clones were good enough before the DoTs and those heavy TM manipulation. The toons evolved and Clones should also adapt to the last 8 months of modifications. Give them more debuff to apply, more power per enemies' buff, a taunter and it's OK.
    Rex and Cody are good as they are. Sarge and Fives were among the first toons of the game, they need improvments.
  • That won't make them arena worth I think. They need more. cleanse on crit. Overall speed increase. soemthing to increase survivability. A good start though
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    SubzeeeDon wrote: »
    That won't make them arena worth I think. They need more. cleanse on crit. Overall speed increase. soemthing to increase survivability. A good start though

Cleanse on crit will be redundant with R2's abilities which has the Galactic Republic tag. They're already good in AAT and this change will change nothing in that place. Moreover, Rex is a cleanser too. The purpose is to make them viable in arena (maybe not at top level though with those changes).
  • Mcmole wrote: »
    I'm ok with this.

orly?