Game Update 6/28/2017 MegaThread

Replies

• Options
    Anyone think this could be leading to another legendary event or some type of special event where we use 5 Ewoks to unlock C3PO?
  • Options
    I like Ewoks, not love them. So it's a pleasant surprise.

I only got 2 unlocked (Scout and Teebo), so I'm not a bias toward this faction. Getting a boost for a 3rd is good too.

I am genuinely curious as to how they'll make Ewoks better in the game.

For the past couple of months, we got Tarkin reworked, restructured "Troopers", and a chance to get Thrawn.

So Ewoks, perhaps enhancing Leader abilities, better synergy, and Wicket (or Logray?), or all? Or something completely new?

Or maybe a new Ewok that'll eat up all the gear that everyone has over 600 of?
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • Options
    they really know how to annoy people, right? same here... I even finished gw already :neutral:

Yep also finished GW & done 2 Cantina refreshes. This started 14HRS after reset for me. Had just woke 2 grab bonus energy & got client restart. Had only been on forums 8 hrs b4 and this very post, which had been linked to but had no new info in it. Should get inbox msg 24hrs Before these double drop events so we can save energy/refreshes/GW. This way sours what should be a happy event.
  • Options
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    Wasn't the whole point of them doing it the 29th so that we wouldn't miss out on it?

Well maybe for people in USA, they get a day's notice, but as Australia is the 29th when US is only 28th we get screwed.
  • Options
    The development on this game as clearly stalled. Ships and tank raid are the last content and they were both introduced last year.

The business model (which is clearly successful) is to orient the game completely to new and mid-game players who will spend to gear up teams for various needs (Gw, arena, etc.).

They throw the veteran players a bone every now and again (I.e. Thrawn, tarkin rework) but usually at a cost.

New toons are devoured quickly by the content starved players, geared up at a cost normally, and then it's back to boredom.

We hear new content is coming, we're waiting, but I think we're all ignoring the fact is the gearay have already peaked.

• Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Posting this in mega , in case its missed from other thread
    xodiack wrote: »
    hi CG. EA and all other people related to this game.
    first of I would like to say I don't condone bad manners as well as having a unconstructive way of criticizing so I hope that we can keep this civilized

I really think it's great that you made double drops and thank you for that but me as well as a lot of other people don't get this advantage (at least the first day of the event) because we use our refreshes when reset happens. I would really appreciate you taking this into consideration next time you choose to do this because it is really a shame that we miss a whole day's event because of our timezones.

Howdy @xodiack ,

Thanks for the support and great feedback. I'll make sure our design and marketing team get this information about your experience which, as you note, affects a great deal of our players. I cannot promise changes, but we're always looking to improve the game experience. I hope we can incorporate a solution to expand the players able to enjoy the timed events as you note above.

Fight on Holotable Hero!

RyDiggs
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • Options
    NicolBolas wrote: »
    12 battles and 10 stun gun pieces... not bad at all!

Hmm I did 24 battles for 20 pieces of guns. Yet 2 pieces of 11 cuff battles. Seems someone is being stingy on cuffs.
  • Options
    Get ready for a spending binge on Ewoks because this looks like a setup for "get Ewoks if you want a new shiny Luke in August"

Worked so well with Phoenix, so why not. Ewoks not generating revenue? Let's fix that and hide something everyone wants behind something no one wants.
  • Options
    The only good Ewok is a dead Ewok. The same goes for Gungans.
  • Options
    All my ewoks are 7* but I only ever use Teebo & EE sometimes, usually for Teebo stealth lead against a counter team. Other 2 aren't really geared & only ability 3. Doesn't excite me at all.
  • Options
    Mzee wrote: »
    How in the world are Phoenix ships farmable, but not Kylo Ren's command shuttle, and Tie Reaper. EA, please explain this. We already have a much easier time with light side, so you make more light ships available that were released months after some dark side ones. I would love to hear your explanation on this.

You explained it yourself. DARKSIDE vs LIGHTSIDE.

Darkside looses. If you don't beleave me look at all the evidence. Look at Charcter rework, look at Charcter events. Look at the number of lightside toons vs darkside toons. There is no love for the DARKSIDE none. We are fighting a losing battle.

But I agree with you 100% why were other ships not made f2p before Phoenix ships. Would love an answer from someone with any power I know we won't get it but one can hope and pray righr.
  • fascizio
    572 posts Member
    Options
    DarthTaral wrote: »
    Mzee wrote: »
    How in the world are Phoenix ships farmable, but not Kylo Ren's command shuttle, and Tie Reaper. EA, please explain this. We already have a much easier time with light side, so you make more light ships available that were released months after some dark side ones. I would love to hear your explanation on this.

You explained it yourself. DARKSIDE vs LIGHTSIDE.

Darkside looses. If you don't beleave me look at all the evidence. Look at Charcter rework, look at Charcter events. Look at the number of lightside toons vs darkside toons. There is no love for the DARKSIDE none. We are fighting a losing battle.

But I agree with you 100% why were other ships not made f2p before Phoenix ships. Would love an answer from someone with any power I know we won't get it but one can hope and pray righr.

Again, since it didn't take the first time...
    fascizio wrote: »
    The release cadence only applies to Marquee event characters and ships. In the same way that you'll never see R2 or Thrawn fit into the same cadence the premium ships won't either, unfortunately. This means the Shuttle, the Reaper, and the Falcon. It's possible that they'll be farmable at some point in the future (most non legendary premiums usually do make that jump (Vader's TIE)) but i wouldn't expect it until after Saxon/ISC and subsequently Gauntlet Starfighter.

This is not a nefarious anti-dark-side action. It's in keeping with the premium/non-premium model that's been in existence since the beginning of the game...
  • Options
    This is not a nefarious anti-dark-side action. It's in keeping with the premium/non-premium model that's been in existence since the beginning of the game...

I disagree going off your quoted logic. The formula for computing the power of toons have been in existence since the beginning of the game, and they just change that and reworked it so they could do the same and make other things part of the release cadence. They are choosing not to because of the deep profound hatred and bias towards any and all things dark side.
  • fascizio
    572 posts Member
    Options
    DarthTaral wrote: »

I disagree going off your quoted logic. The formula for computing the power of toons have been in existence since the beginning of the game, and they just change that and reworked it so they could do the same and make other things part of the release cadence. They are choosing not to because of the deep profound hatred and bias towards any and all things dark side.

No. They are choosing not to because the premium model is how they make money and keep the game running. They defined the release cadence for marquee events and the premium characters and ships were never a part of that. The fact that you wish it was otherwise doesn't make this an issue of "profound hatred and bias."
  • Options
    Go go ewok rangers!!! Love it. @CG_Kozispoon
  • Svatlas
    183 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Thats what we want? We do not need any new characters. We need something to play with and not to play always the same kittens.
    Post edited by Vampire_X on
  • Mastoraz
    156 posts Member
    Options
    Svatlas wrote: »
    Thats what we want? We do not need any new characters. We need something to play with and not to play always the same ****.

+1 infinity - Its getting quite old, we need new content and tons more QOL updates. Not new chars and reworks, they add nothing new to the game.
  • Roken_Fett
    1293 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Yeah, I'm almost here with this guy. I'm waiting for Jango and a Bounty Hunter faction pass / rework. Jedi Luke might stave off an exit from this game for me but it'll only be a patch to a larger problem.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • Roken_Fett
    1293 posts Member
    Options
    I will add I've been playing this game since launch.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • TurgonGW
    205 posts Member
    Options
    "Chief Chirpa is the Daily Log-in Character for July! Though, if memory serves, Ewoks rarely travel alone…"

That last part - do we think that we will get more than 1 set of character shards for July login reward?

SWGoH - TurgonGW
    Guild - Starchoppers - Feel free to help us in the Raids!
  • Options
    i dont know, whats everybodys problem... this update is quiet okay. and ewok fraction pass... why not?
    but i have to say im much more excited about the new content they gonna release in a few days.
    i think, this is just the first part of something way bigger and with a lot of more impact to the game.
    so lets just chill and pray to the great george lucas, that the new content will arrive this week and not in august.
  • Options
    Only having one problem with the update, since updating all my lasers and explosions have been replaced with neon pink squares.... all I'm saying is Grievous looks super manly when he goes below 50% health and starts sparkling little pink dots
  • Caljr
    162 posts Member
    Options
    USAmazing wrote: »
    New Meta incoming!!!

oAPhySq.jpg
    Ewoks super sayajins let some players happy, others mad, imagine when come the Tusken rework and they obliterate Jedis, Siths and everything else over the galaxy...
  • ljcool110
    501 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    ljcool110 wrote: »
    Here are my thoughts on all of yesterday's Earth-shattering announcements. I hope you enjoy. If so I will try to do this for every update.

> SWGoH Game Update: Chief Chirpa announced as July’s login Character of the Month

Awesome. And the over-generalization and not-so-veiled insults at anyone who disagree with the point of view of the author made that the last time I read anything on that website. :D

• Options
    The article was for fun if anyone was not able to realize that. I will send the link to EA Jesse personally. :)
  • nulami
    99 posts Member
    Options
    WHAT'S AHEAD
    We're so close to the end of the month- we know you're chomping at the bit and so are we! Further details await us.

Chomping and the bit ?!?!?

any ideas thoughts

Chomper from Everquest II is coming to the game as a cross promotion....
  • Options
    Alright, I'm sure I'm not the only one who wasn't thrilled about how they decided to launch the double drops. I get an update at 10:30am with double drops that will last until the end of the 30th. I'm sure there are many of us who were not able to prepare any energy in advance. I know a lot of people from different time zones will be missing out on a ton of time for the double drop event. If the even really would have started at 12am on the 29th, then I would have had a full 2 days. But because I live in a HKT (UTC+8) time zone, I miss out on more than 10 hours for double drops! You can accumulate a decent amount of energy in 10 hours!

I feel that this was a last minute decision, without fully considering how it would impact ALL players. I've been playing this game since the beginning (I even signed up to have notification when the game officially launched) and I feel like there is a severe lack of communication in regards to when they decide to launch things in game. I understand that double drops are just a small deal, but these types of last minute launches are becoming more and more ridiculous!

I've seen more and more long time players start to walk away from the game. The game is becoming more time consuming with a serious lack of new content. Sure we have some new characters, different events, but overall we don't have any game changing content. There is generally a lot of talk about great things coming, but nothing has turned out to anything significant. I'm genuinely concerned about what's planned (or not planned, but thrown out in a rush, so there is something new) for the next big release.

Please share more information about what's TRULY ahead, and don't make it sound more amazing that it will actually be.
  • Options
    KP67s wrote: »
    So I guess Kylo's ship and TIE Reaper just don't exist anymore. I see you CG. I see you.

I'm glad someone said it!
  • Options
    STRIKEBOMB wrote: »
    Bjpac04 wrote: »
    Can't help but laugh at these devs. Ewoks?? Really?? Lol can we get someone who works for ea or cg that actually has a clue what ppl want in this game?? Please??
    Ewoks lol wow

Wicket has been slated to be released for a long time.

So the timings probably tied to that

But the thing is......NO ONE CARES ABOUT EWOKS. Everyone wants them to be reworked because they are cute, or it's funny, or to be a troll, but no one REALLY wants them to be reworked because they would legitimately like them to be good in arena or whatever.

Your not seeing the big picture on this one.
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    edited June 2017
    Options
    The two others that may complete the team are Wicket and Logray.
    I don't mind the little fuzzy things, but they should not contend with any of the super power factions. Just for a little realism. Teebo and chirpa are perfect for what they do. Lead and support other more powerful toons.