Recent change to Galactic War - open conversation

Replies

• Galactic Wars still needs some fine tuning. I've held off on posting even though the situation I'm about to describe is fairly common for me but this is probably the most extreme so far.

I'm level 54, a few of my characters are level 54 as well. I have one 5 star and the rest of my main team is 4 stars. They're all gear level 6 (blue)

I just got to my 6th battle in GW (around half way I guess) and the team I'm matched up against is level 64(10 higher than me) Here's a breakdown of the team:
    Darth Sidious-level 64-7 stars-purple gear
    Luminara- Level 64-7 stars- purple gear
    Jedi Consular-Level 64- 6 stars-purple gear
    Count Dooku-Level 61- 5 stars- purple gear
    Lando Calrisian- Level 61-5 stars- purple gear

This is an impossible matchup. There's no strategy that would give me any chance of winning. There's no strategy that doesn't take an insane amount of luck to even kill just one of their characters using all of my characters after wiping.

These scenarios are too common. Instead of being fun, it's extremely frustrating. Challenges are essential in gaming to make it something that people want to play but putting me in a situation that I have no chance to win regardless of what I do or how I play just makes me want to quit.

I hope that someone is looking into the matchmaking here because it's the single biggest issue with the game.
  • Another total loss again today, same issue, 7* gear 8 lvl70 heroes at node 5. Only getting 200-300 gems a day at the moment and this is what's really upsetting everyone! How are we supposed to get anyone up to 7* when we're losing out on one of the main ways to collect shards? I do spend a little from time to time but still only have 1 7* hero (Lumi) and can't see how I'm going to progress without breaking the bank.

Please allow us to progress at least a bit further before hitting a wall as the daily GW rage is not healthy lol.
    I can't believe how angry it makes me and actually find my self verbally abusing my Ipad. My wife is going to divorce me soon! Please, please, please do it for the wives!
    Ally Code: 753-789-771
  • The only 'STRATEGY' involved in their dumb **** logic of GW matchup is using a lot of **** money to solve the troubles, typical EA wanting to get rid of all of the players incentives, if **** like this keeps up I'd rather refund all the money I spent on this bull ****, too many greedy changes.
  • My 1st post on these forums. (I didn't see a spot for the new guys to say 'hi'...so I'll do it here).

I've been playing since the Nov/Dec timeframe - recently hit level 60, and found GW getting suddenly hard. I had finally started winning, but not all the time, and had managed to score 3 victories. I thought that the difficulty was perfect: I wasn't going to win every time, but enough to make it a challenge. Then the 'change'.

I thought it was because I hit a certain level (like another game I've played for years...I don't know if rules don't allow names of other games, but the acronym is MAA, where PVP only became manageable once you maxed out at level 300).

Then I started coming to these forums & learned of the recent GW change. I get some of the changes that I read about, but the matchups are CLEARLY off.

I am also finding myself getting pasted about halfway through. Overall it's not too bad - I think that it just needs a little more tweaking.

that's my 2¢ on the matter
    Drop It Like It's xHOTHx
    In Game Name: E Chu Ta
  • Up until the last few days, I had been running the following group through GW:

4* 62 Barriss (Purple Gear) - Leader
    7* 62 Luminara (Puple Gear)
    5* 62 Plo Koon
    6* 62 Jedi Consular (Purple Gear)
    4* 62 Obi-Wan (Purple Gear)

This group was able to finish every battle, every day. Today, it is much different. In my 4th battle, I got matched with the following group:

4* 56 Phasma
    4* 55 Sidous
    3* 54 Dooku
    4* 55 Luminara
    4* 58 Maul (Purple Gear)

On paper, I should have been able to destroy this group. My team went in with full health and, before I even knew it (less than 2 rounds), Barriss and Luminara were dead. Shortly after that, the other three fell.

Now, I know that the intention of Galactic War was most likely not to allow a single group to run through the entire thing but this now seems a little over-turned to me. If my "best" team could hardly even dent the enemies in the fourth round, how am I supposed to be expected to finish this?
  • I agree w many of you. GW has become increasingly harder and no longer a fun source of much needed mats, shards, etc. It has nothing to do w the recent changes but the match strength. Case in point I'm Lvl 57 w/ 3, 5 stars and halfway through I'm matched up against a Lvl 68 team all purple 7 star team!
    There's no ammount of strategy or sacrifice that would allow me to advance without being so badly damaged and depleted to come close to completing the table. In 2 weeks time I've gone from 80% completion to 0% the past four days.
    I don't expect it to be easy but at least possible. Just my two cents.....
    May the force be with you
  • Oh my God I wish I had to face those teams by the fifth node I'm facing five* - 7*opponents mostly purple geared I have never finished galactic wars ,today was my 48th attempt I'm at level 64 I run lumi and chewyJC Kylo Darth Vader and Chewi , and they are mostly six stars except for Chewi and I've only gotten to the 12th node twice , I spend all my energy gearing up leveling up and I still can't get through this I also have a bench of about 40 characters all very reasonably leveled up but still to no avail I am so sick of galactic wars that I'm going to smash my head against the wall ! Sorry I just went on a rant trying not to whine but tomorrow will be my 49th attempt it's not even fun anymore
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Look, the problem for EVERYONE, is not the retreat function, dont change it back its turn a completete circle.
    The problem for everyone is the competition we face. I'm a F2P player, I just went half way through in GW, the second team I faced is more like what I face in Arena (I finish top 20).

Its not the retreat function, i really like it actually, its the level of teams we face that would usually be a challenge in Arena.
    {RotE}
  • Please fix Galactic War. I am lvl65 now and my 1st battle is against lvl60. On the middle - lvl66 and al most die. .. later is worse... but my son is lvl65 too and his 1st opponent is lvl40... hahaha... he always does all Galactic War with no problem. I don't.... please fix it. Now GW is big sh.t for me.
  • If you rank high in Arena, they'll force you in to going against impossible teams in GW because they're **** in the head, almost worth going back to top 200 in Arena just so I can **** collect funds for **** GW
  • Please allow us to progress at least a bit further before hitting a wall as the daily GW rage is not healthy lol.
    I can't believe how angry it makes me and actually find my self verbally abusing my Ipad. My wife is going to divorce me soon! Please, please, please do it for the wives!

It's the design of the retreat button that is so maddening. They need to change or remove it completely. There needs to be progress with every fight you start. When you can simply quit at any time to restart, it's a waste of time. And when the fights get near impossible, it encourages you to keep trying until you give up (or get mad).

They should never have changed the GW feature to the way it is. It really needs to be modified to become fun again.
  • Hey man I feel your pain.
    I beat the last 59 consecutive GW's and today was the first time I could not beat it either. I'm usually a top 10-20 on my server and I never thought I'd have any trouble considering the depth of my bench. But today was just brutal from the very first fight. I honestly don't remember when was the last time I faced so many level 70 teams with all 7* characters, or retreating and praying for the odds to be on my side.
    I lost with two stages left. :(

Can anyone else give their input as to whether or not the difficulty of GW has changed? Thanks.
  • I've been playing since near the beginning, I wasn't aware of the "retreating" strategy and didn't beat GW until I was around lvl58 when the cap was 60. And that is honestly how I think it was meant to be. It was nice playing a game that was challenging and when I won, and each time I've won since, its a great sense of accomplishment that most games lack. I do agree that the matchmaking is odd at times. Such is life, you can't have it all every single time so I don't mind. I think it's great they removed this "cheat" retreating strategy to make the game more balanced and give you something to work towards instead of breezing through everything and just making it another collector game. There are lots of easy collector games out there if you want so go play those. Personally I like the sense of accomplishment and challenge this game provides and it's my favorite theme as well so bonus for me. Keep up the good work on the game developers, can't wait for what lies ahead.
  • Jamspankey wrote: »
    I've been playing since near the beginning, I wasn't aware of the "retreating" strategy and didn't beat GW until I was around lvl58 when the cap was 60. And that is honestly how I think it was meant to be. It was nice playing a game that was challenging and when I won, and each time I've won since, its a great sense of accomplishment that most games lack. I do agree that the matchmaking is odd at times. Such is life, you can't have it all every single time so I don't mind. I think it's great they removed this "cheat" retreating strategy to make the game more balanced and give you something to work towards instead of breezing through everything and just making it another collector game. There are lots of easy collector games out there if you want so go play those. Personally I like the sense of accomplishment and challenge this game provides and it's my favorite theme as well so bonus for me. Keep up the good work on the game developers, can't wait for what lies ahead.

People overwhelmingly disagree with you and I can tell you this much, EA cares about making money. Actually, that's the only thing EA cares about and if they want to keep making money, they need happy players not players that are frustrated and ready to quit.

It's obvious that changes are going to have to be made. Hopefully soon.

I also think that EA's total silence on such a long thread of unhappy people needs to come to an end very soon. People get extremely frustrated when they feel as if they're being ignored. I know I don't feel like spending another dime on this crap until they at least acknowledge that there's an issue and that they're looking for a way to make it more balanced.

• "How do we get people to stop spending money and get over the game as fast as possible?"

"Let's make them battle lower levels that take them out in 2 turns!"

"Great Idea! This game is too fun, we need to ruin it."

-Electronic Arts
  • Amen!!!!
  • This game has shifted into a un godly grind that's expensive and fruitless
  • placed 10th in arena yesterday instead of 1st on my server and leveled my "B team" up to where my "A team" is and GW was much easier today. Sucks that I have to intentionally place lower in arena to get a better GW seed. idk for sure if this is the case, just what I have to go off of that is different from today and yesterday's gw
  • Other than leaving it the same way and simply fixing the matchmaking some suggestions for how to make GW more fair for players of all level ranges.
    • First and foremost, fix matchmaking so that it ramps correctly according to the actual description by the developers.
    • Remove retreat altogether
    • Increase health recovery between matches so that it's at least a noticeable amount
    • Reset ability timers after each match
    • Give one "skip" per day. Basically, it simply allows the player to refresh the opponent before they enter the match and draw a new one from the pool. They can only skip once and whatever they get after that they're stuck with whatever they get. This is basically a chance to let players who get an impossible match near the start have a shot at moving on. You could even make it so that the "skip" disappears on the final 3 or 4 nodes.
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    i.imgur.com/qc6ITU5.jpg
    First GW in a month I wont pass, squads too battered :(

Have tried maybe 10 combinations and I just get recked each time
    {RotE}
  • Idk what happened but last 7 matches of GW against all 7* level 70 **** man I mean on one hand it is more challenging on the other impossible to complete
  • I just want to know why gw became 100% unbeatable overnight with my team of 3 full strong squads? One day it's a challenge, next it's impossible. Been that way for a while now. GW was the only thing that kept me playing anymore, pvp is too unbalanced. So, I'm done with the game. That's fine, no hard feelings, it's their game and they can do what the want with it.
  • GW was working perfectly until they "fixed" the retreat function, just like credit and training droid battles were working until they "fixed" those too. Please CG / EA, stop bloody fixing things that aren't bloody broken!
  • Jamspankey wrote: »
    I've been playing since near the beginning, I wasn't aware of the "retreating" strategy and didn't beat GW until I was around lvl58 when the cap was 60. And that is honestly how I think it was meant to be. It was nice playing a game that was challenging and when I won, and each time I've won since, its a great sense of accomplishment that most games lack. I do agree that the matchmaking is odd at times. Such is life, you can't have it all every single time so I don't mind. I think it's great they removed this "cheat" retreating strategy to make the game more balanced and give you something to work towards instead of breezing through everything and just making it another collector game. There are lots of easy collector games out there if you want so go play those. Personally I like the sense of accomplishment and challenge this game provides and it's my favorite theme as well so bonus for me. Keep up the good work on the game developers, can't wait for what lies ahead.

Holy crap you're stupid GW in level 58 LMAO you're probably one of those noobs who grind level 1 mobs at max level
  • I see lots of comments on gw and i cant boast about winning every day but i have been getting enough green stuff to buy at least 2 gw shipments per day. My overall wins have usually come due to my a team blazing through **** near the whole 60 leaving 5 maybe 10 guys for my bench to struggle with and playing like this is rough since the minute you lose an important piece its about over. Ive lately been expanding my bench and finding winning full gw's easier with bench guys under level 60 being brought in just to deal with a character they possess a weakness for. Ive never done the retreat trick (just learned about it today) and i honestly feel like it has gotten easier in the last month since i dont get the dooku/sidious combo **** near every match, but if your having serious issues just think about whos coming off the bench, think about who you can send in to deal with that monster scorer/shot blocker
  • Yeah love how they can't even fess up to their **** greedy changes on GW, the gap between the old players and newer players is getting a lot worse.. people who think the GW isn't **** up are on drugs or obviously ranking 500+ going against low level ****
  • WasteMyTime2022
    192 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I'm ticked off about having to refresh GW with my gems and not my war tokens. You're making it practically impossible for people who don't spend. You didn't even have to keep it at that amount you could've rose it a little. But come on. That's a load of **** if you ask me.
    Post edited by WasteMyTime2022 on
  • Is the GW matchmaking confirmed to be based on Arena rank? I know EA probably hasn't released any official info. But, has anyone put in a scrub arena team to drop rank and see how GW is impacted?

I, like many, am struggling to get more than 400 war credits per day. I'd really like to be back to at least 800, if not 1200. Lumi is going to take ages to cap at this rate. I would gladly sacrifice arena rank if it mean easier GW matchups.
  • Is the GW matchmaking confirmed to be based on Arena rank? I know EA probably hasn't released any official info. But, has anyone put in a scrub arena team to drop rank and see how GW is impacted?

I, like many, am struggling to get more than 400 war credits per day. I'd really like to be back to at least 800, if not 1200. Lumi is going to take ages to cap at this rate. I would gladly sacrifice arena rank if it mean easier GW matchups.

Monday I was rank 96, passed GW in less than an hour no problems.
    Today rank 18, passed GW but A LOT harder- maybe 2-3 hours of making the perfect anti squad.

My advice to you is quantity not quality, yea have an A-team for the first load of battles, but having 10 or 12 4* leveled and geared characters can really make a difference, whether its Asajj or HK, Luke or Vader.
    {RotE}
  • LaLiam wrote: »
    My advice to you is quantity not quality, yea have an A-team for the first load of battles, but having 10 or 12 4* leveled and geared characters can really make a difference, whether its Asajj or HK, Luke or Vader.

I found a GW thread where someone mentioned that a developer actually said that GW matchups are based on the power of your highest characters and historically best arena rank. The matchup forumula is also rather loose, allowing for fluctuations in power ratings of your opponents. If that's true, I think I see why this problem exists for me and likely others. Also, if true, your advice is spot on!

I cleared GW regularly for a while. I struggled a bit out of the gate. But, around level 45, I started clearing GW daily and with relative ease. Then, around level 55 or so, I just started getting destroyed between nodes 6-9.

I have developed a nice A squad, everyone above 3k power, most of them actually around or above 4k. I have placed most of my time and energy into upgrading these characters quickly, and working on everyone else at a slower pace. Gearing and starring these 6-7 characters has been my focus, and I've got a sub-par B squad (and even worse C squad). Around level 55, I started climbing in arena as my team gained power. I now have a handful of characters between 5-7 stars in lvl 6-8 gear, and many more that are 3 stars and below (some still in green gear). As I moved up in squad power quickly, I don't have the strength needed in a support team for GW.

Granted, match making needs revamped still. But, players like myself may be hurting ourselves in GW and not even realizing it.
This discussion has been closed.