First order or resistance?

Prev1
Which is the best and who should i farm i have zylo you can check my swgoh account here to suggest me which should be best and what do you think about both factions which one are you farming?
https://swgoh.gg/u/revan's succesor/

Replies

• ArtooSW
    181 posts Member
    It wouldn't be a bad idea to farm both. There will be decent amount from both side added alongside episode 8 and with a few months to farm you should be able to get both teams close. That's what I'm currently doing.
  • Both. FO is a long farm and will take you a while to farm them anyway, so just get their shards every day and farm resistance more heavily in the mean time. I already have resistance done and am finishing FO to get ready for anything new in December.
  • K_mett1
    299 posts Member
    Yea I agree, both.

FO is pretty powerful (Zylo & FOTP are amazing offensive wise)
    Resistance is great as a whole team with a zFinn (L)
  • Which one do you prefer?
  • If I was to pick one over the other, I'd go resistance.

FOTP and FOST take forever to farm. Also, FO requires 4 zetas.

Resistance kills it in the HAAT - multiple videos of a resistance teams pulling 5-8+ mil in P2, 3, and 4 of the HAAT.
  • Thedarthrevan
    76 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Ok thanks for the answers :)
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Farm both - both factions make great teams.

But I do hear more about resistance than I do FO. For sure a zeta Kylo is awesome to have on his own, but a full resistance team with R2, lead by a zeta Fin, is apparently dangerous!
  • Comes down to where you want to use them, Arena- FO, HAAT-Resistance. But even then Kylo zeta'd and Phasma are both useful, in HAAT P1 and Pit, respectively. But Resistance only needs 2 Zeta'd toons to be effective, R2's Number Crunch and Finn's Balanced tactics.
  • İ can zeta that s not the prob for me i can zeta them all in time but the gear grind is pretty hard for me i don t get good raid rewards i was wondering which is the easiest to gear?
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    İ can zeta that s not the prob for me i can zeta them all in time but the gear grind is pretty hard for me i don t get good raid rewards i was wondering which is the easiest to gear?

Unfortunately not whole faction Resistance or FO are easier to farm gear than the other. Some have toons easier to farm than others so its a mixed bag on both teams unfortunately.

However, I think FO are harder to farm shards especially FOST and FOP - but I just did FOST as my light and dark hard battles daily for ages - it completed a daily challenge easily and got me that toon starred up. Took a bit of time though.
  • gear is definitely difficult for both. Sans R2, Resistance is definitely easier to max Star though.
  • FO is good but it takes a very long time to farm. Resistance is pretty easy and one of the most versatile teams out there
  • Lol, I really get a chuckle for the unhelpfulness of people answering "both". While you're at it, farm Rogue One, Empire, Phoenix, Rebels, Sith, Jawas and Droids. And don't forget Scoundrels.
  • Half of my comment didn't make it.
    I meant to also be helpful. I think you should go for Resistance first. With Finn's Zeta, you can really dish out damage.
    Either way, you need to farm FOTP and FOST shards ASAP. They take forever cause they are only hard nodes, and you will want them when FO and Resistance become meta this winter.
  • Traybor
    96 posts Member
    Lol, I really get a chuckle for the unhelpfulness of people answering "both". While you're at it, farm Rogue One, Empire, Phoenix, Rebels, Sith, Jawas and Droids. And don't forget Scoundrels.

You forgot Ewoks.
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    I meant to also be helpful. I think you should go for Resistance first. With Finn's Zeta, you can really dish out damage.
    Either way, you need to farm FOTP and FOST shards ASAP. They take forever cause they are only hard nodes, and you will want them when FO and Resistance become meta this winter.
    +1

Also, it's nice to be able to get Offense Up mods eventually.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • I'd go resistance first, but you can hedge your bet by hitting FOST & FOTP's hard nodes. They do better damage in raids and I'd rather farm speed mods over offense mods.
  • USAmazing
    1157 posts Member
    I would say Resistance 1st because they are great in Raids, GW & arena... I really enjoy my Resistance squad.

I am currently farming First Order, because I want them ready before The Last Jedi film comes out.

I think it's possible they will be needed for events and such when the new movie is released.
    "You don't want to sell me death sticks... You want to go home and rethink your life. "
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • AnnerDoon
    1353 posts Member
    Yeah... farm both if you can. That said, I do have both. All characters 7*, L85, and G11+. Zetas on Finn, R2(both), Phasma and Kylo. But, I actually use Resistance in arena, the Tank raid, and GW. I don't want to keep moving mods around, so I'm just sitting on FO until they don't suck so bad... hopefully around the time the next movie drops. Regarding gearing them, I didn't think Resistance was nearly as bad as FO.
  • Just to put a final cap on the many awesome thoughts in the comments, zResistance is all around the most effective squad in the game at this point. They demolish every game mode when used properly for minimal investment. FO is definitely also a worthy choice but something you can put on the back burner by farming FOTP and FOST from their respective nodes. Once you've maxed out your Resistance squad, then you can start branching out from the base.
  • ArtooSW
    181 posts Member
    Lol, I really get a chuckle for the unhelpfulness of people answering "both". While you're at it, farm Rogue One, Empire, Phoenix, Rebels, Sith, Jawas and Droids. And don't forget Scoundrels.

It's not unhelpful at all. He wants one of those teams but can't decide and until Episode 8 comes out it's a guessing game as to which team will be worth it so it's better to have both farmed to a decent level than one farmed completely. He wants to farm them too otherwise he wouldn't be asking so saying "While you're at it, farm Rouge One.." it's completely out of place because there's genuine logic behind my reasoning and he's showing an interest in both factions.
  • Boo wrote: »
    Farm both - both factions make great teams.

But I do hear more about resistance than I do FO. For sure a zeta Kylo is awesome to have on his own, but a full resistance team with R2, lead by a zeta Fin, is apparently dangerous!

I faced resistance for the first time since their update in GW today and absolutely got wrecked. They all had speed mod sets with insane speed secondaries (I'm talking +12-15 on a lot of the mods) and then it's just exposes and tm gains and multiple attacks before you can even hit retreat or force close the app lol. It's was Zinn, Rey, Poe, R Trooper & R2-D2.
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    Poe.gif

Join us....
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Fost and fotp will take about 6 months to 7* if you just farm the nodes everyday with no refreshing with crystals and occationally buying their (fotp) shards in the store. so yeah, farm both factions.
  • Tyrael
    65 posts Member
    For a resistance team you don't even necessarily need the full crew right (excluding mod challenge)? Primarily it is zfinn, poe, and RT that make the team right?
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Tyrael wrote: »
    For a resistance team you don't even necessarily need the full crew right (excluding mod challenge)? Primarily it is zfinn, poe, and RT that make the team right?

+R2 vs triple cleanse and zMaul. Accuracy, AOE and stun make this team amazing. Holds better on defense too.

But yeah. zFinn, Poe and RT are the main components.

HAAT needs Rey and RP for amazing runs. They still do okay without, but not nearly as well from what I have seen.
  • Finn Poe RT GK B2.

Can beat everything.

Jedi squads are probably the toughest actually, which is a nice change.
  • Shaunyvee wrote: »
    Finn Poe RT GK B2.

Can beat everything.

Jedi squads are probably the toughest actually, which is a nice change.

İ always wanted them to be the new meta for some time in arena after they nerfed yoda but i am now usin zqgj zyoda aayla anakin gk and i came out at the top 20-50 at the payout
  • Resistance is better right now, but FO may be better in the near future. Both are very powerful though.