Fastest Rancor Solo?

Revi
573 posts Member
Hi everyone, looking for info on if anyone has a faster way to solo Rancor than the team I currently use.

My current team is Zader (L), Rex, TFP, Teebo & R2

I am 20 shards of 7* Jyn and G10 with her, is she worth even swapping in for anyone ?

I've never actually timed how long it takes me to solo with this team but it feels like a long time once I get to phase 3 or 4.

Any advice is appreciated.

Replies

• Josh_K
    1150 posts Member
    Wiggs jyn bistan cassian can solo pretty fast with good mods. I think 12 mins is the fastest I have done it on almost full auto.
  • Zaraos
    771 posts Member
    Josh_K wrote: »
    Wiggs jyn bistan cassian can solo pretty fast with good mods. I think 12 mins is the fastest I have done it on almost full auto.

Could you post your speed for those chars please? Running a solo team atm that solos 90% of the time but it takes well over an hour to do, so would be nice to cut this down. Much appreciated
  • Napoli
    544 posts Member
    Could QGJ substitute for Bistan?
  • Revi wrote: »
    Hi everyone, looking for info on if anyone has a faster way to solo Rancor than the team I currently use.

I am 20 shards of 7* Jyn and G10 with her, is she worth even swapping in for anyone ?

I've never actually timed how long it takes me to solo with this team but it feels like a long time once I get to phase 3 or 4.

Curious as to why you use R2
    Napoli wrote: »

Bistan's basic provides DOT and he can remove tm equal to potency. But yes, QGJ can be used, but his tmr is 65% to remove 30%
  • Napoli
    544 posts Member
    What about a Bistan only at G9?
  • CryGonJinn
    402 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    What about a Bistan only at G9?

I've noticed biggest thing with Bistan is potency level, so he's usable at gear 9. What's the potency percentage?

And yes, I use him on my heroic rancor team at gear 9 at 89% potency
  • @Josh_K are those runs risky? Or auto is 100%?
  • Revi
    573 posts Member
    CryGonJinn wrote: »
    Revi wrote: »

Curious as to why you use R2

Bistan's basic provides DOT and he can remove tm equal to potency. But yes, QGJ can be used, but his tmr is 65% to remove 30%

I use R2 to keep Teebo Perma stealthed for constant 100% TM removal on Teebo's turn.
  • J3FF
    69 posts Member
    I solo Heroic Rancor with these guys, speed is there for you:

G11 Zader (L) 199
    G10 Bistan 208
    G9 Tarkin 202
    G9 Jyn. 248
    G8 Magmatrooper 177
  • J3FF wrote: »
    I solo Heroic Rancor with these guys, speed is there for you:

G11 Zader (L) 199
    G10 Bistan 208
    G9 Tarkin 202
    G9 Jyn. 248
    G8 Magmatrooper 177

Can you auto with this team?
  • J3FF
    69 posts Member
    No. gotta play it. But I don't mind, it's a challenge. I don't really want to auto it. Lol.
  • Xetal
    218 posts Member
    If you're using the Wedge, Biggs, Jyn, Bistan, Cassian team: How well does the AI manage the TMR specials on auto?

It seems like they would blow their specials early and then not have them when they're really needed... but I may just be pessimistic about the AI.
  • ARO
    70 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    I've seen that rebel combination solo but I'm too sceptical to try them myself as I am having enough trouble as it is with Jyn being resisted 2-3 times in a row even with tenacity down. I also don't like moving mods around so I run Zader, Rex, Jyn, Tarkin, TFP with average/below average mods. Takes me about 50 min to solo but this team stands up to bad RNG pretty well.
  • GrandMiiff
    23 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    I use a nice quick solo team that has the added bonus of allowing you to full auto the first 3 phases :)

Zader, TP, Tarkin, Jyn & Darth Nilihus

Jyn & Tark provide more than enough TM reduction that you can stick it on full auto for p1-p3, you take a couple of hits but nothing that stops you solo'ing. Then DN doing 5% annihilates gets you through quick, as per your original request.

Full auto 15-20 mins p1-p3, manual p4 5-10 mins

Speed sets on DN, Jyn & Tark
    Crit Dam on Zader & TP

Not whale mod sets either, average, all add 75 - 100 speed max. Has made my life so much easier to auto!
  • Revi
    573 posts Member
    GrandMiiff wrote: »
    I use a nice quick solo team that has the added bonus of allowing you to full auto the first 3 phases :)

Jyn & Tark provide more than enough TM reduction that you can stick it on full auto for p1-p3, you take a couple of hits but nothing that stops you solo'ing. Then DN doing 5% annihilates gets you through quick, as per your original request.

Crit Dam on Zader & TP

Not whale mod sets either, average, all add 75 - 100 speed max. Has made my life so much easier to auto!

I like the look of this team solo, looks good on paper(screen) but in reality Jyn doesn't remove TM often enough even with stacked potency and tenacity down and with Tarkins 4 turn cooldown cant see it happening for me :\
  • Hey its not an 'on paper' team, I use this 2-3 times a week, have done for the last month, it works I assure you!

With you using full auto, Jyn does enough crits via her basic attacks that her potency builds and builds, her success rate is fine. Sure you do take a few hits on auto but it doesn't stop the solo.

Mostly auto and really quick, take my gift and run!
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    It definitely works if you're not looking to Auto the entire Rancor. If you want to full Auto, Tarkin is out because he doesn't perform the AOE TMR on P4.
  • Full auto for me is 16 minutes. Zader lead, Tarkin, Jyn, Krennic, and Jyn.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Full auto for me is 16 minutes. Zader lead, Tarkin, Jyn, Krennic, and Jyn.

You have 2 Jyn in your team?
    Is it possible to learn this power?
  • Hskull55
    2263 posts Member
    Full auto for me is 16 minutes. Zader lead, Tarkin, Jyn, Krennic, and Jyn.

2 Jyns... I think one of them is Bistan with a disguise...
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Revi wrote: »
    GrandMiiff wrote: »

Crit Dam on Zader & TP

I like the look of this team solo, looks good on paper(screen) but in reality Jyn doesn't remove TM often enough even with stacked potency and tenacity down and with Tarkins 4 turn cooldown cant see it happening for me :\

Tarkin also performs TMR on his basic with the Vader lead.
  • The key to Jyn is starting immediately on p1 and stacking all the potency. It carries over to the other stages so long as you solo.
  • Revi
    573 posts Member
    Thanks for all the posts guys!

Been using Vader, GMT, TFP, Jyn & Rex and it works well.

Done around 10 full solo's with this setup now and never get hit by Rancor apart from once or twice on phase 4, but with GMT intimidation tactics Rancor doesn't hit well.

Biggest surprise is GMT doing massive dmg (Vader culling blade type of dmg), if you hold ultimate fire power until the last 10% of each phase it can do 250k + dmg due of the stacking of his basic.

May swap in Krennic for Rex at some point in the future.