Take a hint...farm Ewoks

12346Next

Replies

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited July 2017

There is so much, good and bad in the Star Wars universe that it has become impossible to truly look at any specific part objectively. And that's good. I mean it's freaking great, it's why we are all here (except Leef perhaps).

eh?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    slugbahr wrote: »
    Ewok Scout has a 55% chance to strip 50% tm with his basic, when omegad.
    Not what I'd call 'isn't very good'.

Potency isn't high enough to make it consistent, and there are other characters who can do it better. Take a look at popular Rancor teams and you'll find plenty of turn meter reduction, but very few Ewok Scouts.

As I said, though, this is all pre-rework, so the retouched Scout might have later uses.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Cm3Po
    234 posts Member
    Ewoks use to be fun to use and they were viable for #1 arena payouts for a short time. Most of us farmed them because they were so awesome for the rancor when first released. Then we realized that it was mainly teebo and elder that were awesome, and quit using chirps and scout. Glad I have them all though, chirpa became useful for p3 aat. I wouldn't mind seeing them have a faction pass that made them usable again
  • slugbahr
    365 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »
    slugbahr wrote: »
    Ewok Scout has a 55% chance to strip 50% tm with his basic, when omegad.
    Not what I'd call 'isn't very good'.

Potency isn't high enough to make it consistent, and there are other characters who can do it better. Take a look at popular Rancor teams and you'll find plenty of turn meter reduction, but very few Ewok Scouts.

As I said, though, this is all pre-rework, so the retouched Scout might have later uses.

TFP - potency problem solved ;)

Not saying he's the best, just that he can.
    (I do occasionally use him in ranky raid, so a slight bias hehe)
  • Sloa
    25 posts Member
    Gamorrean wrote: »
    M_L wrote: »
    makes sense... though the whole rework for this faction seems to be totally out of the blue. really? ewoks? are they that popular? maybe with the little kids?

Ewoks are OT and nothing like someone like Jar jar Binks... My god those "cool to hate" things are getting worse and worse..

Ewoks are a decent part of star wars and highly welcome to get the spotlight over characters like rouge one rebels

Weren't ewoks hated when they first came out?
  • Sloa wrote: »
    makes sense... though the whole rework for this faction seems to be totally out of the blue. really? ewoks? are they that popular? maybe with the little kids?

Ewoks are OT and nothing like someone like Jar jar Binks... My god those "cool to hate" things are getting worse and worse..

Ewoks are a decent part of star wars and highly welcome to get the spotlight over characters like rouge one rebels

Ewoks same as star wars itself, some love some hate. But please don't derail this thread again into a fan debate. Where's the useful information about the GAME?
  • Sloa wrote: »

Ewoks same as star wars itself, some love some hate. But please don't derail this thread again into a fan debate. Where's the useful information about the GAME?
    nerf chaze?
  • Dark_Light wrote: »
    Sloa wrote: »

nerf chaze?

Lmao
  • Talin
    20 posts Member
    Don't hate on my teddy bears! I have tons of fun running ewoks and GK in my GW runs.
    Their faction has never been close to arena viable and think it would be hilarious if they are the new meta, taking down zaul teams and triple clenses...
  • Jack92
    179 posts Member
    Ewok Rulez B)
  • Enough about ewoks, what do you think about the prequels?

I need to gear Teebs and Chirps up but they both want all the carbantis.
  • leef wrote: »

There is so much, good and bad in the Star Wars universe that it has become impossible to truly look at any specific part objectively. And that's good. I mean it's freaking great, it's why we are all here (except Leef perhaps).

eh?

Didn't you once say that you aren't really a Star Wars fan, you just like the game? Perhaps it was a joke I took out of context.
  • ArtooSW wrote: »
    Ewoks are awesome, Kozi hinted strongly we will probably need them for something new, and they're giving you double drops to get started working on them. If anyone complains because they didn't have the Ewoks unlocked (they won't need to be 7 star, come on), they have no one to blame but themselves.

@ArtooSW As for all this back and forth regarding the trilogies, I'm not taking a side, but you have to understand, people were unbelievably excited for TPM. I worked at a movie theater when it was released and we actually allowed fans to camp in the parking lot the night before. And this wasn't some LA promotional showing, this was the only theater in our small town showing it.

After the movie, all that excitement was gone. People went in smiling with kids jumping around, they walked out faking a grin and telling people on the other side something non comittal like "It was surprising...". Alot of us refused to acknowledge it the first time, saying we must have just not been paying enough attention and missed something.

By the 4th or 5th time we had to accept the truth. This felt like Star Wars in name only. Sure there were familar props and characters, but they all FELT wrong. When you grew up with Yoda being an actual moving character being filmed, seeing him in CGI just felt weird. Like having your parents replaced by bodysnatchers. Everyone did love Darth Maul, but that was about it.

Cut to a few years later, and although we were more cautious we fell for it again, this time being left with nothing redeeming but two minutes of green flips. By the time ROTS came out, all the OG fans I knew expected the worst, and because of that were perhaps found it better than expected.

At that point everyone I knew just kind of started pretending the PT never happenend. When we heard about the Clone Wars, we just imagined Lucas somehow dumbing things down even more.

I first saw TCW by chance, and after a few episodes, I realized I actually was enjoying myself. That elusive feeling that I got from Star Wars as a kid came back. It just felt right. So after six seasons, I came back to the PT in order to watch everything up until Rogue One and continue you after.

And you are totally right, the prequels didn't seem that bad. I kind of even enjoyed them. It was only afterwards when I was discussing this with other fans, that we realized the Clone Wars had done something impossible; they had made the prequel saga good, if only by overwhelming the bland, aggressively unintelligence of the films with hours and hours of awesome context. The prequels didn't seem that bad anymore. They are, but they don't seem like they are anymore, and that's all that matters.

There is so much, good and bad in the Star Wars universe that it has become impossible to truly look at any specific part objectively. And that's good. I mean it's freaking great, it's why we are all here (except @Leef perhaps).

It's really, really pointless to argue about though.

Again, I've answered every point you've made and I've listened to enough fans to know which film had the greater hype surrounding it. The sequel was the film everyone wanted. I also have no idea where you've come up with "unintelligence" of the films. As I've said I love all Star Wars and there are major faults with the OT too. That is my biggest issue because you can trash talk the PT all you want but it has no more faults than the OT had. One thing you mentioned reminded me a fault with a few fans and that's them believing it's not Star Wars. George Lucas is the creator of Star Wars and if it fits within his vision it's Star Wars. That's not for others to tell him what's Star Wars and what's not.

Um, like I said at the very beginning, I'm not trying to take a side or trash the PT. I was trying to explain what it "felt" like, so that maybe you could understand why some people have such strong feelings. That was the whole point of my post.

All the fans I know love George Lucas for creating Star Wars, and no one has a problem with his story telling, but his best work is done with help from others. It has been said that his wife helped create some of the best parts of ANH , and for ESB and ROTJ he didn't write the screenplay or direct, preferring to be the big picture guy.

When Lawrence Kasdan told Lucas he wasn't interested in working on TPM, for some reason George decided to do everything himself. So when people say that the prequels aren't as good, it's not the storyline people dislike, it was presented and how the dialog was written.

The OT was the brainchild of Lucas, but it was shaped and crafted by a group of brilliant and dedicated artists, sound designers and other craftsmen to become the foundation for everything else in the SW universe.
    For the PT, Lucas was working in a vacuum and he was surrounded by employees instead of collaborators. There was no one to tell him when an idea just didn't work (cough, Jar Jar, cough) and many think the prequels suffered because of this.

Again, I'm not stating my opinion. I am trying explain the reason so many fans hated the prequels, and how many of us, myself included, came to appreciate it more after TCW added some much needed context and helped shore up some of the perceived flaws in the films.

PS: I know this does not seem to be related to Ewoks, but it actually has EVERYTHING to do with how the Ewoks were initially perceived, as I will explain in my next essay. Thank you.

PPS: I feel it is important to encourage people to see things from the other's point of view, and to spread enlightenment and tolerance wherever darkness is found. Even if that happens to be in the middle of a thread about something else entirely.

PPS: This isn't a joke and it's not supposed to be funny or satirical. Why are you laughing, I'm super serious.
  • ArtooSW
    181 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    ArtooSW wrote: »
    Ewoks are awesome, Kozi hinted strongly we will probably need them for something new, and they're giving you double drops to get started working on them. If anyone complains because they didn't have the Ewoks unlocked (they won't need to be 7 star, come on), they have no one to blame but themselves.

@ArtooSW As for all this back and forth regarding the trilogies, I'm not taking a side, but you have to understand, people were unbelievably excited for TPM. I worked at a movie theater when it was released and we actually allowed fans to camp in the parking lot the night before. And this wasn't some LA promotional showing, this was the only theater in our small town showing it.

After the movie, all that excitement was gone. People went in smiling with kids jumping around, they walked out faking a grin and telling people on the other side something non comittal like "It was surprising...". Alot of us refused to acknowledge it the first time, saying we must have just not been paying enough attention and missed something.

By the 4th or 5th time we had to accept the truth. This felt like Star Wars in name only. Sure there were familar props and characters, but they all FELT wrong. When you grew up with Yoda being an actual moving character being filmed, seeing him in CGI just felt weird. Like having your parents replaced by bodysnatchers. Everyone did love Darth Maul, but that was about it.

Cut to a few years later, and although we were more cautious we fell for it again, this time being left with nothing redeeming but two minutes of green flips. By the time ROTS came out, all the OG fans I knew expected the worst, and because of that were perhaps found it better than expected.

At that point everyone I knew just kind of started pretending the PT never happenend. When we heard about the Clone Wars, we just imagined Lucas somehow dumbing things down even more.

I first saw TCW by chance, and after a few episodes, I realized I actually was enjoying myself. That elusive feeling that I got from Star Wars as a kid came back. It just felt right. So after six seasons, I came back to the PT in order to watch everything up until Rogue One and continue you after.

And you are totally right, the prequels didn't seem that bad. I kind of even enjoyed them. It was only afterwards when I was discussing this with other fans, that we realized the Clone Wars had done something impossible; they had made the prequel saga good, if only by overwhelming the bland, aggressively unintelligence of the films with hours and hours of awesome context. The prequels didn't seem that bad anymore. They are, but they don't seem like they are anymore, and that's all that matters.

There is so much, good and bad in the Star Wars universe that it has become impossible to truly look at any specific part objectively. And that's good. I mean it's freaking great, it's why we are all here (except @Leef perhaps).

Again, I've answered every point you've made and I've listened to enough fans to know which film had the greater hype surrounding it. The sequel was the film everyone wanted. I also have no idea where you've come up with "unintelligence" of the films. As I've said I love all Star Wars and there are major faults with the OT too. That is my biggest issue because you can trash talk the PT all you want but it has no more faults than the OT had. One thing you mentioned reminded me a fault with a few fans and that's them believing it's not Star Wars. George Lucas is the creator of Star Wars and if it fits within his vision it's Star Wars. That's not for others to tell him what's Star Wars and what's not.

Um, like I said at the very beginning, I'm not trying to take a side or trash the PT. I was trying to explain what it "felt" like, so that maybe you could understand why some people have such strong feelings. That was the whole point of my post.

All the fans I know love George Lucas for creating Star Wars, and no one has a problem with his story telling, but his best work is done with help from others. It has been said that his wife helped create some of the best parts of ANH , and for ESB and ROTJ he didn't write the screenplay or direct, preferring to be the big picture guy.

When Lawrence Kasdan told Lucas he wasn't interested in working on TPM, for some reason George decided to do everything himself. So when people say that the prequels aren't as good, it's not the storyline people dislike, it was presented and how the dialog was written.

The OT was the brainchild of Lucas, but it was shaped and crafted by a group of brilliant and dedicated artists, sound designers and other craftsmen to become the foundation for everything else in the SW universe.
    For the PT, Lucas was working in a vacuum and he was surrounded by employees instead of collaborators. There was no one to tell him when an idea just didn't work (cough, Jar Jar, cough) and many think the prequels suffered because of this.

Again, I'm not stating my opinion. I am trying explain the reason so many fans hated the prequels, and how many of us, myself included, came to appreciate it more after TCW added some much needed context and helped shore up some of the perceived flaws in the films.

PS: I know this does not seem to be related to Ewoks, but it actually has EVERYTHING to do with how the Ewoks were initially perceived, as I will explain in my next essay. Thank you.

PPS: I feel it is important to encourage people to see things from the other's point of view, and to spread enlightenment and tolerance wherever darkness is found. Even if that happens to be in the middle of a thread about something else entirely.

PPS: This isn't a joke and it's not supposed to be funny or satirical. Why are you laughing, I'm super serious.

Again, there are major story flaws with the OT. I don't have an inability to see the opposite point of view but I do I have a an inability to accept a hypercritical point of view. I love all of them films and I don't align myself with a particular trilogy but I will point out hypocritical nonsense. If the OT was flawless from start to finish I'd think people had a point but it's not despite how people talk about it.
  • slugbahr
    365 posts Member

Give it a rest, guys!
  • slugbahr
    365 posts Member

Again, there are major story flaws with the OT. I don't have an inability to see the opposite point of view but I do I have a an inability to accept a hypercritical point of view. I love all of them films and I don't align myself with a particular trilogy but I will point out hypocritical nonsense. If the OT was flawless from start to finish I'd think people had a point but it's not despite how people talk about it.

Don't care.
    Give it a rest.
  • Vampire_X wrote: »
    EAcover.jpg

Ummm...
    Is this some sort of nod to an upcoming ewok event?
    Anyway,
    Sarcodino wrote: »
    We love ewoks! Don't u?
    Ewoks could be a very viable faction in raids... They just need at least another member! (Better it they give us 2 or even 3 more to swap arround in diferent scenarios xD)

... they are good in raids, yeah, but I think even with new ewoks to fill the gaps, people would still use chirpatine teams.

Lol, no. That's the poster to Caravan of Courage, an stand alone ewok movie that came out in the 80's.
    I'm an old school star wars fan and I hate the ewoks! A bunch of teddy bears with spears and rocks take out a battalion of Strom troopers??? Really???!!!! RoTJ would've rivalled Empire if it weren't for the ewoks! There were originally meant to be Wookies, which would've been awesome, but the studio wanted something kid friendly and more marketable :(
  • Next level thread hijacking here....So, farm OT - not PT ... that's the takeaway? Do we farm CWs and Star Wars Rebels as well?
  • Broxxor
    595 posts Member
    they should just rename ewok scout to wicket
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Broxxor wrote: »
    they should just rename ewok scout to wicket
    This cycles back to the old debate about whether only named characters should be in the game or if it's okay to have generic characters. I like generics for thematic reasons, so keep it as a generic Scout.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • ArtooSW
    181 posts Member
    Vampire_X wrote: »
    EAcover.jpg

Ummm...
    Is this some sort of nod to an upcoming ewok event?
    Anyway,
    Sarcodino wrote: »
    We love ewoks! Don't u?
    Ewoks could be a very viable faction in raids... They just need at least another member! (Better it they give us 2 or even 3 more to swap arround in diferent scenarios xD)

... they are good in raids, yeah, but I think even with new ewoks to fill the gaps, people would still use chirpatine teams.

Lol, no. That's the poster to Caravan of Courage, an stand alone ewok movie that came out in the 80's.
    I'm an old school star wars fan and I hate the ewoks! A bunch of teddy bears with spears and rocks take out a battalion of Strom troopers??? Really???!!!! RoTJ would've rivalled Empire if it weren't for the ewoks! There were originally meant to be Wookies, which would've been awesome, but the studio wanted something kid friendly and more marketable :(

I thought the reason was Wookiee were shown to be technologically advanced because of Chewie and George Lucas wanted to show nature vs technology with the Ewoks vs Empire.
  • Kronen
    306 posts Member
    Actually the only current ewok I don't have fully developed is the scout. All 3 of the others are pretty essential in raids, gw and certain events. Ewok elder is light side version of old dakka for keeping your guys in play. Teebo is essential for any turn meter or stealth team. And chirpa teams up with Palpatine for an essential heroic aat team in phase 3. And it's only taken me two days to get scout to level 70 and gear 8 and a couple more days he will be at gear 9. And now that my pheonix team are nearly all 7 star I'm saving all my cantina and other currency for the new ewoksto drop.
  • Warrior_TI
    99 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Totally agree... there's always more too it. Ewoks will be needed for some aspect of the game.
    Yes, I am THE Warrior.
  • kerwyn
    144 posts Member
    Imagine this Ewok upgrade comes with a Teebo and chirpa zeta leadership
  • Techthulu wrote: »
    The next legendary character will be Cindel, and you'll need a full squad of 7*, g8 ewoks to unlock her.

I would be ok with that
    You guys had a riot? On account o' me? My very own riot?
  • kerwyn
    144 posts Member
    Technically we should get a marquee character next. No way they will leave no packs to purchase in the store for so long.
    So my $ is on wicket. This week (6/07/2017) marquee character. Same pack pricing as ATF.
  • ArtooSW wrote: »
    Also you mention them being OT as if that carries more weight but with every year that goes by prequel children grow up and s lot of them are ready to defend the prequels and rightly so. It's being more and more accepted for the great trilogy it was. Also I had never seen any of the movies until I was 25 so I'm coming from a perspective where I don't instantly have a bias.

What??? By who? This is crazy talk.

The worst part of the prequels was Hayden Christiansen. They really weren't bad movies

He was terrible wasn't he, how did he ever get that job?
  • Kronen wrote: »
    Actually the only current ewok I don't have fully developed is the scout. All 3 of the others are pretty essential in raids, gw and certain events. Ewok elder is light side version of old dakka for keeping your guys in play. Teebo is essential for any turn meter or stealth team. And chirpa teams up with Palpatine for an essential heroic aat team in phase 3. And it's only taken me two days to get scout to level 70 and gear 8 and a couple more days he will be at gear 9. And now that my pheonix team are nearly all 7 star I'm saving all my cantina and other currency for the new ewoksto drop.

Scout is only good in a team with other Ewoks. In an Ewok team he takes an insane amount of turns because he's constantly gaining TM from Elder, teebo, and Chirpa lead (and chirpa's speed up obviously), and his own dodges (and he dodges consistently). If you use a full Ewok team in a raid, Scout will always be the top damage dealer.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Ewoks eat humans. They are so bad as. You need to just farm them for that reason alone and have them collect dust, praying they will be called up one day, and when they do you can go "I told you so!".

936f71e3276b967b81d3213bb8a3874bf2fb5266_hq.gif

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    leef wrote: »

eh?

Didn't you once say that you aren't really a Star Wars fan, you just like the game? Perhaps it was a joke I took out of context.

nope, that is true. Not really a fan, most certianly not compared to the average forum user. I reckon i'm not the only one who just likes the game but isn't really a star wars fan.
    Save water, drink champagne!