New Poll: We have an inbox, can we send messages to guildmates?

Zephyrus
330 posts Member
edited July 2017
Here's a collection of opinions I see on a regular basis and I think a large majority of gamers feel there's a certain level of communication that would allow us to cut down on a lot of unnecessary threading and forums use, 3rd party chat apps, and bring a heightened experience to in-game use.

Suggestions

**We have an inbox, can we apply a mechanic that allows us to use it as a mailing service within the game. Perhaps with guildmates or allies to start and test load on game function.

Intent

Cut down on miscommunication within guilds on rules, times, requirements, changes, etc

Cut down on requirement of 3rd party chat apps for the player base that is limited to media services, wifi, data, mobile coverage, etc

Provide a more seamless gaming experience and increased morale within each guilds specific structure.

Feedback

I look forward to any and all feedback but I do not condone the use of belligerent feedback and will not respond to any. I'd prefer this stay legitimate and not be a shouting match amongst players. I have provided answers that will allow you to state your vote as an opinion if you can't seem to find something nice to say to one another.

New Poll: We have an inbox, can we send messages to guildmates? 47 votes

Yes, an in-game message function would be ideal for me and my guildmates
65%
zeekdogkejmoBooDarth_cowboyBjpac04PaarthysnaxMzeeNapoliNack_AlfaghnJedigunnie262SirdigbychknczrLord_AcediaZaraosPyrimisPyrophorkcdenhnsptyKyJoe_CoolFindaddy17Matke 31 votes
No, forums messaging only is adequate
8%
AnonymousMehLustLife93ExarTheKunXlor1 4 votes
Impartial, I prefer the use of Discord (Line, KIK, or other)
25%
N1c0DarthR244DGcdevilZephyrusrengundo808WompWompRatPlooshJimmybone1981fotrovinaHskull55Sarith2017TNT1138 12 votes
Post edited by Zephyrus on

Replies

• Zephyrus
    330 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    About me

I've been apart of each type of guild from a new one I helped create, to a 30K a day 600/600 req.

I have experienced forum only guilds with in-game only chats (This was a huge struggle for me as pertinent information is lost in the rolling delete and overly expressive members)

I have been on KIK as well as Line and think both of those apps are consistent with high school text messaging with little annoying stickers and other things I dislike.

I prefer Discord, easy, clean, organized but also value the use of in-game messaging to aid in officer/leadership duties and see this as the most valuable way to prompt any and all users that aren't keen on 3rd party apps, even if the rest of the guild enjoys it. Reason being, there is more growth to be had and help to be the given on this type of platform.
  • Pyrimis
    269 posts Member
    I'd support messaging to guildmates and allies only. Anything beyond that probably gets too chaotic
  • zeekdog
    75 posts Member
    I've made a few comments suggesting why and how in-game communication would be viable and useful, but there's a sense of community and culture lacking from starwars galaxy of heroes, and this could bring that back.

I vote yes because I'd like to see more direction, involvement, and relationships developed both within, and even outside my guild.
  • Yes, an in-game message function would be ideal for me and my guildmates
    If all my guild used discord I would be happy just using that but as only half my guild is on being able to communicate with the other half easier would make my life a lot easier.
  • Zephyrus
    330 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Pyrimis wrote: »
    I'd support messaging to guildmates and allies only. Anything beyond that probably gets too chaotic

I agree, anything global would be a devastating load on the game.
    zeekdog wrote: »
    I've made a few comments suggesting why and how in-game communication would be viable and useful, but there's a sense of community and culture lacking from starwars galaxy of heroes, and this could bring that back.

I vote yes because I'd like to see more direction, involvement, and relationships developed both within, and even outside my guild.

I love your outlook on friendship and community. I wholeheartedly agree with this, even as a preferred Discord user, I see the value in the in-game messaging system.
  • Matke
    56 posts Member
    Not everyone is using other chat apps, and nobody should be forced to use them. I'm all for in game messaging. It would make our lives much easier.
    Yes even if for nothing more then to personally invite them into a third party chat program. Time zones and schedules can vary and as known things get missed.
    This would be great because I hate the 3rd party chat app requirements needed for other guild. (My guild doesn't use any, but it's annoying to see that as a requirement for other guilds).
  • Pyrimis wrote: »
    I want to be able to send hate messages of disgust and anger to anyone who defeats me in arena haha.

• Zephyrus
    330 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    andyistic wrote: »
    Pyrimis wrote: »
    I want to be able to send hate messages of disgust and anger to anyone who defeats me in arena haha.

I recommend looking for your arena mates through the use of forums, then build a community on Discord or Line. We have about 20 guys on mine from Australia to PST and we have a ball in there. We poke fun but also discuss our weaknesses. It's an enjoyable experience if you just allow the players to climb freely during their hour. Sending hate mail in-game would be a ban hammer if reported. So... I don't recommend it if we do get messaging in the game.

The intent of messaging is not to be used for negative purposes.
  • hnspty
    16 posts Member
    At least with guildmates, this would be very helpful to officers when we need to communicate quickly to a member. Example: "STOP HITTING RANCOR!"
  • KyJoe_Cool
    1873 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    I think that would be great cause what if people are chatter boxes on the guild chat? Then some of us (me) might not see certain conversations and some of us (once again, me. Lol) don't have third party chat apps. And some people aren't a member of the forums (even though I am). That would make the game have an overall better experience (even though it's great so far! Lol). :blush:
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • Zaraos
    771 posts Member
    Great idea, however anything outside of guild would ruin the game with lag, guild pouching etc. Really hope if they do implement something like this they just do it for guilds and not eventually global because if so i hope they just leave it as it is.
  • Zephyrus
    330 posts Member
    @hnspty @KyJoe_Cool @Zaraos

Appreciate the feedback, all valid points.