Is it time to increase level cap?

Replies

• KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    Options
    I want a real slow level cap increase. Maybe, 86 in December 2017, 87 in June 2018, 88 in December 2018.then pop the 90s.
  • Bulldog1205
    3573 posts Member
    Options
    No. The new game mode will hopefully give us plenty to work on. If they introduce a new game mode that encourages us to widen our roster and then increase the level/gear cap so we have to go back to working on our main toons, this place will go berserk.
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    If they increase the level cap then I would like for them to increase how many credits we earn as it is rough enough spending over 6 million credits to get a single character to 85. As the levels go up then the amount of credits increases a great deal.

The gear grind is also rough. For me to be ok with it then they would need to make some of the gear pieces more available so it doesn't make tier 12 even more of a grind than T10 and 11. Carbantis, stun guns, stun cuffs, and thermal detonators are the first roadblocks to come to mind that would need adjusting. This is already one of the biggest complaints from the community. Let's not make it worse.

Bringing a new level would also mean that character abilities would get increased if they want to maintain consistency. I don't feel we are ready for this yet.

Those are some of my concerns on why I would not be comfortable on a level cap increase.
  • Haxthar
    156 posts Member
    Options
    I've been ready for a level increase since February. Collection score is around 85. I have max gear for all of the toons that I use in raids, GW, arena, etc. The game is getting very boring due to the lack of new content.

I'm now hoarding all of my gear, and I'm hoping the Ewok faction pass is a good one. I'd love to max them out, and attempt to make them high-end arena viable.

The amount of people who are where you're at is tiny but it wouldn't surprise me at all if the devs did increase it to cater to the top 5%
  • Options
    Mzee wrote: »
    If they increase the level cap then I would like for them to increase how many credits we earn as it is rough enough spending over 6 million credits to get a single character to 85. As the levels go up then the amount of credits increases a great deal.

The gear grind is also rough. For me to be ok with it then they would need to make some of the gear pieces more available so it doesn't make tier 12 even more of a grind than T10 and 11. Carbantis, stun guns, stun cuffs, and thermal detonators are the first roadblocks to come to mind that would need adjusting. This is already one of the biggest complaints from the community. Let's not make it worse.

Bringing a new level would also mean that character abilities would get increased if they want to maintain consistency. I don't feel we are ready for this yet.

Those are some of my concerns on why I would not be comfortable on a level cap increase.

About 2.1 million to go from 85 to 90 if increase rate stays the same. There is nothing they could possibly do to make me look forward to spending +40 million just to get my arena and GW teams back to where they were before the level increase.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    I think we need playable content before more of the same, but it is what it is.

if it came i will welcome it, but i dont need to farm 100s of things....but the grind is life so lets move on.
  • Options
    No not yet!
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    Options
    About 2.1 million to go from 85 to 90 if increase rate stays the same. There is nothing they could possibly do to make me look forward to spending +40 million just to get my arena and GW teams back to where they were before the level increase.
    Not that I'm disagreeing with you, but it would probably take you about a month to get the XP necessary to level from 85 to 90 anyway. That's enough time for around 3x credit heists (15 mil), 30 GW clears (24 mil), and 36x bounty hunter challenges (4 mil).
    That's 43 mil right there, and that doesn't count any other rewards, such as node rewards, selling mods, raid rewards, arena rewards, etc. Nor does it include the likelihood of new tiers of the credit heist and/or bounty hunter challenge. Also, an increase in level cap would almost certainly come with an attendant raid to give us the inevitable gear needed for gear levels 12/13, with its own additional credit rewards.
    But... all that said, I don't think we'll see a level cap raise until the end of the year.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • Options
    Pyrefly wrote: »
    Not that I'm disagreeing with you, but it would probably take you about a month to get the XP necessary to level from 85 to 90 anyway. That's enough time for around 3x credit heists (15 mil), 30 GW clears (24 mil), and 36x bounty hunter challenges (4 mil).
    That's 43 mil right there, and that doesn't count any other rewards, such as node rewards, selling mods, raid rewards, arena rewards, etc. Nor does it include the likelihood of new tiers of the credit heist and/or bounty hunter challenge. Also, an increase in level cap would almost certainly come with an attendant raid to give us the inevitable gear needed for gear levels 12/13, with its own additional credit rewards.
    But... all that said, I don't think we'll see a level cap raise until the end of the year.

Does this list of known credit sources change the fact that I don't look forward to spending them simply to get to a lesser state than I was before spending them? Nope.
  • Options
    Bring it on. We needed a cap raise 3 months ago. Arena needs to be thinned out.
  • Options
    I can not understand why players that haven´t even reached actual top level call for an increase? Be glad you reache the ceiling and have time to collect credits and droids BEFORE the next increase...you will need them
    The sound of a TIE Fighter engine was created by combining an elephant bellow and a car driving on wet pavement.
  • American
    394 posts Member
    Options
    I expect it to come it's a future raid
  • Options
    We're long overdue for a level cap increase. Should have happened months ago, but I guess I'll keep getting as many characters to gear XI why I wait.
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I can not understand why players that haven´t even reached actual top level call for an increase? Be glad you reache the ceiling and have time to collect credits and droids BEFORE the next increase...you will need them
    It's actually easy to understand. All those 70-84 players are looking ahead to being massive underdogs the second they hit 85. If the level cap is raised right before they hit 85, then they'll be much more competitive once they get to 90 along with everyone else, at least as long as they think they can get some key characters past the gear bottleneck.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • PorMestari
    125 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I rhink it would be great to raise lvl cap. Would make heroic tank available for our guild, we get there with 85, just make it sooner on 90.
  • Options
    No
  • Options
    They are keep decreasing the number of daily challenges.
    Lastly 'upgrade a ship' challenge was the one which disappered.
    It would be even much harder to level up if they increase the level cap.
    (I know that they previously increased the rewards for the remaining daily rewards, however i cant see any change on rewards since the disappearence of 'upgrade a ship')
  • Options
    I absolutely hope not. I still have too many characters I want to gear before we see 90.
  • Vohbo
    332 posts Member
    Options
    I would not increase the level cap at this point in time. It takes almost half a year for a new player to reach max level already if you're free to play, that's pretty long.
  • Options
    Very stupid question , IMO

Especially OP not even level 85 yet.
  • Byakuya
    392 posts Member
    Options
    Omg yes. You can milk so much more $$ from top end players. The ones who spend when we have something to actually spend on
  • Options
    Well.. If we get a lvl cap up .. I want to start from lv 300 cuz id probably have collected more xp than i could use.. Probably more then 4-5 times some lv 84 have now
  • Anton23
    143 posts Member
    Options
    Please no level 90! We have no gold to train existing characters to level 85. And if level will be maximezed to 90 - it will be horrably to level up our characters.
  • theHejiN
    659 posts Member
    Options
    Yes please. Too many f2p catching up
  • Options
    theHejiN wrote: »
    Yes please. Too many f2p catching up

Yeh youre right but.. Theyr rooster cant be as deep as yours (:
  • Palanthian
    1262 posts Member
    Options
    The *surprise!* frantic Phoenix farm drained a lot of people's credit and gear reserves, along with their shard shop currency, not to mention the gear needed for Thrawn. For this reason, people are less prepared for a level cap increase right now than they have been for a long time.

So my prediction...

Level + gear cap increase = imminent! It's CG, folks, this is how they roll. :wink:
  • Options
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    I don't want another level of completely meaningless widgets to grind. That just makes people less likely to experiment in arena. I won't take a chance on a theory crafted team that isn't proven if I'm risking throwing months of gear away. Rex is declining, and others are rising. We don't want to ruin that by causing everyone to double down on a safe team out of fear.

We just need more faction passes to give us incentive to gear existing toons that are currently bad. We also need more content that requires a broad roster, which also encourages us to grind more current gear. Fortunately for us we have been promised both. More faction passes are on the way, and new content is being rolled out. I'm optimistic that we're going in the right direction. A new layer of nonsense gizmos would be a nightmare right now. It would totally ruin all of that.

+1 This should be printed out and stuck on CG's dev noticeboard. Firstly I agree with it in its entirety, secondly because it is well thought out and offers a constructive direction for the devs to follow.

Unfortunately I believe a lvl cap rise is imminent and that saddens me. Many of my Guild feel differently and boredom, lack of direction usually brings people back to raising the cap. I just think cap raises are lazy development. The new mode looks truly awesome and if this is instead the new direction then I take my hats off to our devs and will gladly tuck into a huge slice of humble pie.

• AKS
    81 posts Member
    Options
    Bennehftw wrote: »
    The only people who want a level cap increases are noobs, and people with a collection score of like 80+

I have a collection score of over 80 and I have about 100 million credits saved up in case they do drop an increase.....but I in no way want that to happen for at least another 6 months.
  • 3mp3r0r
    33 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    i've been ready since last year for an increase. i want to take my toons to g12.

the fun in this game for me is the grind and the work of progressing my toons. i pay very little attention too and care very little for arena. i can do LS/DS/cantina nodes and GW all day long.

not sure what people who say they will have no credits to train to level 90 are spending their credits on. i have plenty of credits and droids.

at this point i'm just farming a few toons i never really planned on even unlocking because i can't do much the ones i do have because of the level cap.
  • Torzek
    72 posts Member
    Options
    They should. I mean, we are just dying for something to spend all of these extra credits we have!