New darkside toon to break meta?

Prev1
Moicaliss
992 posts Member
Good try with Thrawn, but are we gonna have some DS balance soon?

Replies

• Thrawn
    Tarkin
    DN
    DT
    Shore
    DK
    SA
    zDV
    EP

That LS meta is broken - they are still good, but you should absolutely be winning vs. LS teams with various combos of the above
  • Drazz127
    770 posts Member
    Isn't thrawn a direct counter to baze? Which is why ls was so strong to begin with.
  • Moicaliss
    992 posts Member
    Thrawn
    Tarkin
    DN
    DT
    Shore
    DK
    SA
    zDV
    EP

That LS meta is broken - they are still good, but you should absolutely be winning vs. LS teams with various combos of the above

Name me one vhl team that's better then current 3xcleanse or jedi?

Sure some ppl have good results with: zDv, sa,dn, thrawn, gk.....but you need crazy mods out there, twice better then the two LS teams....it's a bit lame
  • Thrawn
    Tarkin
    DN
    DT
    Shore
    DK
    SA
    zDV
    EP

You can't have that now can you? Dark side having enough balance and skills to regularly defeat light side teams. Its impossible isn't it. Light side meta, after light side meta, after light side meta. It wouldn't be fair at all to have a dark side meta for once would it? Some team foresight maybe? Some actual team synergy? How about a debuff that stuns everyone with tenacity on them or blocks it from being cast entirely? Or even debuffs that can ignore tenacity? Oh thats right dark side can never have a meta can they? It would kill the story line, not to mention the people who just paid through the nose to get their chaze teams before they went into the f2p areas.
    Drazz127 wrote: »
    Isn't thrawn a direct counter to baze? Which is why ls was so strong to begin with.

Not even close, keep wishing on that one. Thrawn with his 100% tenacity can still be debuffed like crazy. However, a chaze team without tenacity buffs active and low base tenacity/mods can somehow still seem to avoid being debuffed even when you are stacking potency.
  • Moicaliss
    992 posts Member
    Thrawn
    Tarkin
    DN
    DT
    Shore
    DK
    SA
    zDV
    EP

You can't have that now can you? Dark side having enough balance and skills to regularly defeat light side teams. Its impossible isn't it. Light side meta, after light side meta, after light side meta. It wouldn't be fair at all to have a dark side meta for once would it? Some team foresight maybe? Some actual team synergy? How about a debuff that stuns everyone with tenacity on them or blocks it from being cast entirely? Or even debuffs that can ignore tenacity? Oh thats right dark side can never have a meta can they? It would kill the story line, not to mention the people who just paid through the nose to get their chaze teams before they went into the f2p areas.

Not even close, keep wishing on that one. Thrawn with his 100% tenacity can still be debuffed like crazy. However, a chaze team without tenacity buffs active and low base tenacity/mods can somehow still seem to avoid being debuffed even when you are stacking potency.

Thx
  • I haven't seen the numbers in a bit, but last I checked the most common team in the top arena was not exclusively dark or light side.
  • At the very highest levels of arena in shards where it is all whale vs whale I am hearing that the meta is switching to darkside. Triple cleanse is incredibly annoying with their high survivability, but there are now darkside teams that hold just as well on defence and need much less time to win on offence. This is very important when fighting against others with the same payout, as it allows you to attack before your opponent and still clockblock successfully, or if they go sooner to get in ahead of you they leave enough time for a fast win to kick them back down.
  • DarthApok
    277 posts Member
    I'd like to see a rework of Dooku's lead "master tactician". Where it gives Seperatist allies bonus offense and/or turn meter or something for enemy buffs. Maybe for debuffs too. Maybe not meta breaking but with a full Seperatist rework could be interesting and bring them into the top of the tables.
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    edited July 2017

My thrawn has 166% tenacity when he fractures someone. He pretty much resists all debuffs since no one stacks potency. You are probably thinking he has 100% tenacity all the time, which is incorrect--only when an enemy is fractured.

At the very highest levels of arena in shards where it is all whale vs whale I am hearing that the meta is switching to darkside. Triple cleanse is incredibly annoying with their high survivability, but there are now darkside teams that hold just as well on defence and need much less time to win on offence. This is very important when fighting against others with the same payout, as it allows you to attack before your opponent and still clockblock successfully, or if they go sooner to get in ahead of you they leave enough time for a fast win to kick them back down.

This is accurate. I often don't fall out of the top 10 (haven't fallen outside top6 in 3 days) with my zzThranw lead and I can auto anyone.
  • Nebulous wrote: »

My thrawn has 166% tenacity when he fractures someone. He pretty much resists all debuffs since no one stacks potency. You are probably thinking he has 100% tenacity all the time, which is incorrect--only when an enemy is fractured.

That is not entirely true. I faced a thrawn led team with my first order. Thrawn fractured my zfost and i was still able to stun lock thrawn with my zylo who has minimal potency on him.
  • Thrawn
    Tarkin
    DN
    DT
    Shore
    DK
    SA
    zDV
    EP

Do you remember the maul meta? That didn't turn out right, it was the most annoying meta ever (and I hate triple cleanse)
  • T4ct1c4l_J0k3r
    153 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Thrawn
    Tarkin
    DN
    DT
    Shore
    DK
    SA
    zDV
    EP

Do you remember the maul meta? That didn't turn out right, it was the most annoying meta ever (and I hate triple cleanse)

Maul was still not the meta and even if that was the intention it was a poor attempt at best. Anyone running a healthy B2 in their arena roster knows this. I still run a B2 just to take a giant dump on zquigon and triple cleanse teams.
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Without knowing your potency and his tenacity (maybe his 'ebb and flow' isn't zeta), I can't really argue with you. For me, my thrawn has 166% tenacity while fractured. This means anyone with 66% or fewer potency points I'll resist 100% of the time.
  • T4ct1c4l_J0k3r
    153 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Nebulous wrote: »
    Without knowing your potency and his tenacity (maybe his 'ebb and flow' isn't zeta), I can't really argue with you. For me, my thrawn has 166% tenacity while fractured. This means anyone with 66% or fewer potency points I'll resist 100% of the time.

I know that isnt right within the game. My palp has +12% accuracy and 83% potency (before leadership is applied) and still is not able to consistently stun or land shock on sub 20% tenacity chaze teams without tenacity buff active. The game is broken in 1 direction. And yes the thrawn i faced was zeta, 7*, and gear 11 full slots filled. (Gw node 9 no less which means he was enhanced to boot) Not quite as much tenacity as yours, but still had close to 40% base tenacity. Anyways if the description was correct (as it should be), i should not have been able to do this, yet i did and continued to do so until he was killed. Too bad we can't battle within our guilds or you could have a guildmate demonstrate this.
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    edited July 2017

I know that isnt right within the game. My palp has +12% accuracy and 83% potency (before leadership is applied) and still is not able to consistently stun or land shock on sub 20% tenacity chaze teams without tenacity buff active. The game is broken in 1 direction. And yes the thrawn i faced was zeta, 7*, and gear 11 full slots filled. (Gw node 9 no less which means he was enhanced to boot) Not quite as much tenacity as yours, but still had close to 40% base tenacity. Anyways if the description was correct (as it should be), i should not have been able to do this, yet i did and continued to do so until he was killed. Too bad we can't battle within our guilds or you could have a guildmate demonstrate this.

As far as your accuracy, that is only for hitting the target and only indirectly impacts application of negative status effects as, most often, you need to land the hit to apply.

As far as your 80+% potency vs sub 20% tenacity and being resisted, that's because the formula is: Tenacity - Potency = resist chance, 15% is min no matter how wide the gap.

So plugging in your numbers: 20T - 80P = -60 which is turned into 15% resist chance (cannot fall below this number)

Let's plug in my numbers: 166T - 60P = 106% chance to resist
  • Nebulous wrote: »

As far as your accuracy, that is only for hitting the target and only indirectly impacts application of negative status effects as, most often, you need to land the hit to apply.

As far as your 80+% potency vs sub 20% tenacity and being resisted, that's because the formula is: Tenacity - Potency = resist chance, 15% is min no matter how wide the gap.

So plugging in your numbers: 20T - 80P = -60 which is turned into 15% resist chance (cannot fall below this number)

Let's plug in my numbers: 166T - 60P = 106% chance to resist

• How many more dark side toons do you need, to learn how to play the game? The game is flooded with overpowered ds toons. Zylo, Boba, DN, SaSS, SiT, Zaul(Yes he is still in the game), Zavage, Thrawn, etc.
    Name me one team that doesn't have DN, and one toon that does more than DN. Name me one toon that goes from 3% health to 100% protection in 1 turn.
  • With palps leadership the potency against light side opponents should drop it all the way to base minimums, as your formula states above. I dont have this same problem with any other teams regardless of their base tenacity or mods. Just chaze teams. Like i said before, broken in 1 direction. At 15% resist chance i should stun/shock far more often than not. However, such is not the case. This applies not only to gw but arena as well.
    If everything was correct in the description, then thrawn should have essentially the same identical effect as having a tenacity buff active, yet i was still able to stun lock. Not once mind you, but over and over again with fracture active.
    Just another thing filling the forums that ea/cg ignores and refuses to fix.
  • They seem pretty even now actually.
  • J_Starseed
    325 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    With palps leadership the potency against light side opponents should drop it all the way to base minimums, as your formula states above. I dont have this same problem with any other teams regardless of their base tenacity or mods. Just chaze teams. Like i said before, broken in 1 direction. At 15% resist chance i should stun/shock far more often than not. However, such is not the case. This applies not only to gw but arena as well.
    If everything was correct in the description, then thrawn should have essentially the same identical effect as having a tenacity buff active, yet i was still able to stun lock. Not once mind you, but over and over again with fracture active.
    Just another thing filling the forums that ea/cg ignores and refuses to fix.

He needs his unique Zeta'd to not land debuffs. Not quite as fool proof technically as tenacity up which is a different mechanic. But pretty darn close.
  • Any top team beats any other top team now on offense. Defense is another story. I'm quite relieved about that. Zaul was a mess.
  • Saladius
    102 posts Member
    Moicaliss wrote: »
    Name me one vhl team that's better then current 3xcleanse or jedi?

Sure some ppl have good results with: zDv, sa,dn, thrawn, gk.....but you need crazy mods out there, twice better then the two LS teams....it's a bit lame

Thrawn(L) ; Shore ; GK ; DT ; DN
    GdMoff (L) ; GK ; DT ; DN ; Thrawn

Both team just crushed jedi or triple clean team on offense. So easily your gd mother could do it also.
    You can do tons of mistakes, you'll still win.
    And playing thrawn is so fun !

Bad downside is defense (but let's see chat happen with new thrawn AI), and vs full sith (First team above is better).

Triple clean team is so boring to play.
  • BrillO
    320 posts Member
    Thrawn
    Tarkin
    DN
    DT
    Shore
    DK
    SA
    zDV
    EP

Ya maul was a meta phase for sure.
  • This seems much more that OP is struggling with his DS team ergo all DS teams are not strong enough.

We see this every time ... people recently bemoaned Zaul teams and denied that these so called Rex led cleanse teams could match up to the 'Zaul' meta. Everyone seems to deny the viability of teams until eventually surprise, surprise the meta shifts.

People with deep rosters and extensive arena experience are switching to DS teams. This is an indication ... people will eventually take the hint.
  • Revi
    573 posts Member
    Agreed, we need a balance update, don't think Thrawn was by any means a "good try".

Staggers me how 4* Chaze and GK LS team can beat any DS team pretty much.
  • STRIKEBOMB
    1232 posts Member
    Grievous will save us all When he gets his rework next month :wink:.....i hope it's next month lol
  • Cm3Po
    234 posts Member
    I use two teams in arena. Zaul and resistance. Between the two teams, I can stay pretty close to top 20. Only thing stopping them from going to the top spots are mods. I haven't got lucky and received insane speed secondaries. My Poe runs 240 speed, but that's not good enough for top 10
  • Moicaliss
    992 posts Member
    This seems much more that OP is struggling with his DS team ergo all DS teams are not strong enough.

We see this every time ... people recently bemoaned Zaul teams and denied that these so called Rex led cleanse teams could match up to the 'Zaul' meta. Everyone seems to deny the viability of teams until eventually surprise, surprise the meta shifts.

People with deep rosters and extensive arena experience are switching to DS teams. This is an indication ... people will eventually take the hint.

Ppl are switching to DS team because they're bored of playing rex, not because it's better
  • A new DS toon that could put Rex or Rebels at risk could upset things. We couldn't possibly ask or expect that. Gotta protect Rex and Rebels at all times. <eyeroll>
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    To be fair. The actual meta has been DN for months now.