Can anyone tell me what happened in this fight?

I have a recording of the fight but since I don't know how to post it i'll make a short recap.
I attacked with my Zaul team a Wiggs Chaze Zylo team. My Zaul, modded to move first, has a speed of 198, which means that with the 20% tm gain he reaches 247,5 speed on opening move. The enemies toons speed is: Wiggs both 203, Chirrut 240, Baze 189 and Zylo 211.
So I attack the dude and surprise: Wedge, Biggs and Chirrut move before me. I think what a strange thing, so I attack again. The same thing happened. The third time I recorded the battle, this is the one I want to discuss.
The third time I fought the order of movement was : Wedge (203 +36) was first with his aoe, second to move, and first to get health down from my DN was Baze (189) who used his AOE and called Chirrut, third one to move was Biggs (203 + 36) with his triple attack.
All the other sith I use (DV DN EP) have speed between 195 and 197 and the last toon I use is B2. So all the sith should move before any rebels. Also I don't have any toons that would remove my own tm, and STHan, the usual answer to this type of questions wasn't involved.
So can anyone tell me what the heck happened today?

PS. Also today, in another battle, my 197 DN moved after my 195 Vader and then after my 196 EP.
Also this morning I updated the game, maybe has anything to do with this anomalies.

Replies

• lisztophobia
    808 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Wedge's unique includes himself among "allies." If he wasn't included, it would say "other allies." The ability grants 45 speed to him and Biggs at the start of battle, not 36.

If the speed stat of Biggs and Wedge is 203, their effective speed at the start of battle is 248.
  • Wedge's unique includes himself among "allies." If he wasn't included, it would say "other allies." The ability grants 45 speed to him and Biggs at the start of battle, not 36.

If the speed stat of Biggs and Wedge is 203, their effective speed at the start of battle is 248.

So why didn't Wedge received health down at the start of his turn, and why did Baze moved the second? And also why did Chirrut moved the second in the previous fights but not Biggs?
  • Health down can be resisted, so that could have happened. Under a Wedge lead, a rebel gains 10% TM on a critical hit. So if Chirrut attacked out of turn in the previous fight, he could have gained TM and gone before Biggs.

As far as Baze, he gains TM whenever an enemy gains a buff, so he would start with 20% TM from the four stealthed sith you start with.
  • lisztophobia
    808 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Baze has a unique that grants him turn meter when an enemy buffs. Maul's Zeta lead is boosting Baze's first turn by giving the stealth buff to your Sith. If at least 3 of your Sith dodged Wedge's attack, that could be enough to make Baze act before your entire squad.

Not sure about any other anomalies. Just know why Wiggs are supposed to go before you, according to your numbers, and why Baze could go before you.
  • Drazz127
    770 posts Member
    And to answer your question about turn order, if they all reach 100% TM then it's random as who goes next. Doesn't matter who got there first.
  • To summarize and add one more piece of information:
    Wedge and Biggs would have a speed of 248, so they would move before your Maul.

As stated, Baze would have gained 20% TM from your stealthed Sith, so using the same formula that gives us the opening speed for Maul, we get (189/0.8)=236.

As far as the other TM variations, there is the 10% Wedge lead gives on crits, Baze gives Chirrut 10% TM whenever he does his basic attack, including when he counters.

As @Indominable_J pointed out earlier, the health down Nihilus gives out can be resisted.

Without seeing the video it's hard to say exactly what happened to cause the paritcular turn orders you described, but it had to be some combination of the above.

• BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    This is where SA would make the difference. She would move first and provide your Siths TM to go before Wiggs and Chaze.
  • BulYwif wrote: »
    This is where SA would make the difference. She would move first and provide your Siths TM to go before Wiggs and Chaze.

True, and that is what I am going to do, since that team has no Rex leader. I just always thought that Wiggs received their speed bonus from all other allies, not from themselves. So apparently them receiving up to 75 more speed (100 under AA leadership or 90 under Lando) before the mods was the thing to do in the devs minds.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    They are slow without mods and start the battle at +45 max without modules (I don't count AA or Lando lead since nobody uses them as lead in top 20). Your zMaul + future SA will easily overspeed them with the TM gain provided by Maul at the start of the battle.
    The +15 bonus is only when an ally is under full Health, but the tactic when you fight Wiggs + Chaze is to get rid of Wedge and then Biggs first, so this additional bonus must not apply if you can get rid of Baze's taunt quickly.
  • danflorian1984
    986 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    BulYwif wrote: »
    They are slow without mods and start the battle at +45 max without modules (I don't count AA or Lando lead since nobody uses them as lead in top 20). Your zMaul + future SA will easily overspeed them with the TM gain provided by Maul at the start of the battle.
    The +15 bonus is only when an ally is under full Health, but the tactic when you fight Wiggs + Chaze is to get rid of Wedge and then Biggs first, so this additional bonus must not apply if you can get rid of Baze's taunt quickly.

I know that I will outspeed them now. I meant when they were introduced in the game, before Zaul and SA. Or in my case when I was levels 50-85 and I had to deal with those unbalanced......
    Also ideally you get rid of Wedge and Biggs first, but usually their tanks disagree with your plan. Or any other toon that receives damage from aoes before Wiggs dying.
  • SimonC
    36 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Also u times it wrong 198*0.2 doesn't equal 247.5. Because 200*0.2 equals 240 so 198*0.2 is a bit lower

I meant 198*0.2 + 198
    And
    200*0.2 + 200
  • SimonC wrote: »
    Also u times it wrong 198*0.2 doesn't equal 247.5. Because 200*0.2 equals 240 so 198*0.2 is a bit lower

I meant 198*0.2 + 198
    And
    200*0.2 + 200

That's not the formula though. Since they start with 20%, they only need 80% TM, which gives you 198/0.8 = 247.5