zVeers + Chirrut/Thrawn ?

BulYwif
1977 posts Member
edited July 2017
I'm working on my troopers right now. I've already got zVeers (98/100). They gain a lot of TM whenever they gain a buff and their weakest point imo is that they cannot cleanse.

I've unlocked Chirrut last week and thought he could be a good addition to a zVeers lead team. He gives HoT on his basic and special, and Tenacity Up also. So, TM gain for the troopers. I'm just using them for now in GW, and next HAAT, I'll try them in P2.

I also want to use them in arena when I'll farm better mods. So, the plan is either:
zVeers (L), ShT, DT, SnowT/StormT, Chirrut (cleanse, attacker, healer but no Fracture)
zVeers (L), ShT, DT, SnowT/StormT, Thrawn (no cleanse but Thrawn)
Thrawn (L), ShT, DT, StormT, zVeers (for the cleanse but it seems AI's now bad)

Any advice ?

EDIT: My troopers

Replies

• Riffinator
    2585 posts Member
    If I were you I would use option two with snow trooper
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Riffinator wrote: »
    If I were you I would use option two with snow trooper

Yes I think I would better invest on Thrawn since he is one of the top toon actually. Since I also don't have Baze and am not interested by him.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Your last option w/ Thrawn lead is the best, now that the AI doesn't waste turns removing non-existent debuffs.
    Post edited by Poxx on
  • YWing13
    24 posts Member
    Snow's second attack cleans house, you don't need to cleanse. I've yet had a Wiggs, zmaul team kill anyone of my toons. ( I use zVeers lead, shore, storm, magna and snow )
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    I'll go for a Thrawn lead with Veers, ShT, DT and SnowT/StormT. I really like StormT since he can expose on his basic and is the perfect mix between attacker and tank. Just need to farm better mods now.
  • Amer28
    13 posts Member
    I'll probably go for Thrawn lead because leader ability is a good boost although I don't actually use it myself, mine's a empire, sith team with EP lead, and don't worry about cleanse two chars from that team can cleanse( Thrawn and snow trooper )
  • I have max troopers, zveers, and max 7* thrawn. The team is not as good as you would think, not really arena viable (top 20).

Troopers are great for raids and gw. Their weak spot isn't not being able to cleanse as much as it is damage. All their damage potential comes from DT's death mark and the ability to get on a killing spree- granting TM, buffs, and protection. Snowtrooper is gimped in arena with all the GKs around.

The problem with any trooper focused arena team is you will find it tough killing that first person to get on that roll. It's tough to beat a team with zbarris, GK, or chaze, even DN to an extent... which limits their effective use with the current teams out there.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    WhiskeyPug wrote: »
    I have max troopers, zveers, and max 7* thrawn. The team is not as good as you would think, not really arena viable (top 20).

Troopers are great for raids and gw. Their weak spot isn't not being able to cleanse as much as it is damage. All their damage potential comes from DT's death mark and the ability to get on a killing spree- granting TM, buffs, and protection. Snowtrooper is gimped in arena with all the GKs around.

The problem with any trooper focused arena team is you will find it tough killing that first person to get on that roll. It's tough to beat a team with zbarris, GK, or chaze, even DN to an extent... which limits their effective use with the current teams out there.

Thanks for the feedback. Nevertheless I'll to finish my troopers and start on Thrawn. Yes, GK is the good enemy for SnowT, this is why I think StormT and his expose when he doesn't crit would be better there. When my Thrawn is a bit better, I'll give it a try.
  • Riffinator
    2585 posts Member
    Well i wish you the best of luck fellow Imperial Trooper user
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."