[Mega] Game Update 7/5/2017 & Ewok Pass Details

Replies

• theHejiN wrote: »
    Maybe it's just a preparation for the new added ewoks.

I think you are correct but starting out by nerfing the most important toon on the squad makes me think this is going to be bad.

I don't want them to become a useless beginner faction like Phoenix.
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    Nebulous wrote: »
    I'd like all bugs to be squashed. Even if just for posterity. I'm sure since they are working on a faction pass for our furry friends, they are only trying to iron out any issues to make heroes work and intended.

It's not a bug. They reduced his TM gain. The ability and it's description both changed. It's a flat out Nerf.

And as far as granting TM, no other toon is prevented from granting TM if they can not gain it themselves.

It was discussed in a Tin Foil Hat Club meeting, that since nerfing characters is so unpopular, EA has decided to instead, "create" bugs, then "fix" them.

They haven't been proven wrong by the recent changes to kylo and ewok elder.

And as someone who was almost a lawyer, I'm guessing by creating "bugs", they can avoid the dreaded r-word (refund). If they had made the change to Zylo a nerf, players who invested credits, gear, and ability materials could make a case for compensation, whereas everyone loves it when bugs are fixed!
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Why not add an ability cuddle to death where the ewok calls all ewoks and cuddles the target and suffocate him. This target cannot be revivied :|
  • Toben
    68 posts Member
    Bennehftw wrote: »
    To me:

Prior he used to gain TM at a 60% chance, half of which were given to all ewok allies. His Omega granted 10% TM no matter what every time he would basic.

NOW: It seems that he has a slightly lower TM gain as well to other ewoks, BUT the 10% TM gain to all allies no longer procs 100% of the time, but 60% of the time since EE can only give TM if he himself gets TM.

Which is a massive nerf on all accounts.

^^This. The "half TM gain to other ewoks" is a red herring, this is primarily a nerf to the omega for his basic.

Not a promising start to the Ewok "pass"!
  • Mojo_1 wrote: »
    Didn't EE always have a 60% chance to get 50% turn meter on basic?

I'm pretty sure he never gained 55% turn meter.

If you look back at the old redundant SWGoH Cantina site it still has the old info, confirming this.
    I checked the site. That is for level 7 basic attack. I am pretty positive his omega ability was (last time I checked, granted it was a while back, I omegad him about 8 months ago) 55% as I always thought it was weird Ewoks would gain 27.5 TM. This may have been a description error that was fixed at some point.

Still not the part I'm really concerned about.
  • Bennehftw wrote: »
    To me:

Prior he used to gain TM at a 60% chance, half of which were given to all ewok allies. His Omega granted 10% TM no matter what every time he would basic.

NOW: It seems that he has a slightly lower TM gain as well to other ewoks, BUT the 10% TM gain to all allies no longer procs 100% of the time, but 60% of the time since EE can only give TM if he himself gets TM.

Which is a massive nerf on all accounts.

I wish they would just be more clear about exactly what they were doing here.

We can all agree however this isn't making him better.

If the faction pass will buff him, why not just do it at the same time?
  • Nebulous wrote: »
    "Ewok elder has 30% chance to gain 50% tm and to grant allies half that." To me that means each Ally has a 30% to gain 25% tm. Again they didn't word it properly to what they supposedly wanted it to do.

You quote was never the wording of his basic skill.

I mean, I took it directly from the game but ok lol
  • Bennehftw
    316 posts Member
    Look, if you've never used EE even moderately stop posting because you're confusing everyone with your lack of knowledge.

Like 5 of you guys are posting crap that isn't the issue.

To those who have used EE we all know his basic gives TM to all allies. 10%. ONLY 10%

His Omega is what is getting nerfed.
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Nebulous wrote: »
    "Ewok elder has 30% chance to gain 50% tm and to grant allies half that." To me that means each Ally has a 30% to gain 25% tm. Again they didn't word it properly to what they supposedly wanted it to do.

You quote was never the wording of his basic skill.

I mean, I took it directly from the game but ok lol

Your language and the 30% are all wrong. So no, you didn't take it "directly from the game."
  • rockstarjay
    148 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    @Bennehftw I just used him with my Zader team and he did not gain or give out any TM.

I think you are 100% correct here.
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Bennehftw wrote: »
    Look, if you've never used EE even moderately stop posting because you're confusing everyone with your lack of knowledge.

Like 5 of you guys are posting **** that isn't the issue.

To those who have used EE we all know his basic gives TM to all allies. 10%. ONLY 10%

His Omega is what is getting nerfed.

I used ee for months. His is why I don't believe the 55% tm gains. It was always 50%.

The 10% was to all other allies. So non-ewoks and not to himself. This may have been poorly worded and was supposed to only happen IF ee got tm. And not just all the time. But I know what you mean.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Where it begins isn't anywhere near as important and where it ends. Let's wait and see.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    Where it begins isn't anywhere near as important and where it ends. Let's wait and see.

Probably the smart choice. But its apparently much worse than how it was originally explained to me.
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    EE is OP, NERF HIM ALREADY! :naughty:

The next bug-fix will change Teebos TMR to be 50% chance only, when he is stealth and has at least 5 over kind of buffs. But only on raining days having a solar eclipse.
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • Did you guys really need to lower Elder's TM gain and make it so no one gains TM if he is staggered or dazed?

Please rethink this nonsense.

This was a flat out Nerf.

I am beginning to think this faction pass will not make them relevant at all. Its looking like it will dumb them down into a beginner Pheonix Squadron type squad. If that's the case i'd rather keep them as they are: super good at some things, super bad at others.

If you can't Nerf Chaze, don't Nerf Ewok Elder! It's truly absurd.

Elder needed a Nerf? Really?

It sounds similar to what they did with rebels (including STH and Chaze) a while back. Mind you after the rework, Ewoks as a whole are going to be way way more powerful.
  • I always find it funny when toons are fixed so they are WAI and people flip out calling it a nerf when the toon was never playing WAI
  • Btw... Teebo is the best Ewok toon. Not elder....
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    What i find more interesting is currently, Chirpa's basic at skill lvl 7 and 8 (omega) r the EXACT same.
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    Poxx wrote: »
    What i find more interesting is currently, Chirpa's basic at skill lvl 7 and 8 (omega) r the EXACT same.
    The level 8 upgrade is +15% damage, so they're not exactly the same.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • Seriously, that will summarize this? No rework and no new Ewok?

:/
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    Why would you even think that?
  • Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    There was a long thread on this subject this morning.. no idea where it went
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    Cheif Chirpa's shards are available tomorrow and should come with the faction pass for Ewoks?
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    The rework hasn't started yet.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Wish our Ewoks could be as strong as the ones in the Forest Moon Challenge
  • Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    Wish our Ewoks could be as strong as the ones in the Forest Moon Challenge

The ones that die in one hit ?
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    Saraleb wrote: »

Haha. The ones that one shot you if you forget to put your mods on Empire.
  • Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    ExarTheKun wrote: »

Then dont forget :wink:
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    ExarTheKun wrote: »

Then dont forget :wink:

-_- sour much
  • J_Starseed wrote: »
    Btw... Teebo is the best Ewok toon. Not elder....

I like teebo too. I have him at G11 as well. I use Elder for a lot more things than Teebo though.