• leef
    13458 posts Member
    i can never understand the rebel hate.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • YubNub81
    148 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    With all these Ewoks, there's only 1 thing missing.

YESSSSSS!
  • Super happy with the new game mode, most of us top guilds were growing bored and some even hating logging into the game to raid for nothing. However not too keen on a THIRD Han model particularly considering the game allows them all in one team and doesn't limit one unique per team. Hopefully Chewbacca gets some synergy with Han finally.
  • CaptainRex wrote: »
    With all these Ewoks, there's only 1 thing missing.

It's not over until we get Cindel.
    wicket.gif

• +1
    Lost in the 20th century
  • leef wrote: »

Think balance in the force young one
  • IE4TAPPL3S
    482 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Omeah wrote: »
    The devs finally listened and we will get more Rebels! Hoth Leia, Hoth Han and Commander Skywalker! Maybe finally the Rebels will be a competent faction!
    Who else is excited?

Rebels is the core of star wars. Get your dried bitter but outta here if you don't like it
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    leef wrote: »

yea, i don't know what that's supposed to mean. It's not helping me understand the rebel hate anyway.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Dretzle wrote: »
    I sense the sarcasm is strong here.

But just a quick thought as to why there are so many rebels in the game.... Have you ever watched the movies? 4 movies, a TV series, and plenty of comics and books are about the rebellion against the empire. The heroes of the movies are rebels. We get glimpses into the empire to add a sense of foreboding doom the rebels are up against, but ultimately, those 4 of 8 movies are about rebels, and the other 4 are quite varied.

So it's not surprising that we also happen to get a lot of rebels in the game.

Sure, valid argument. Almost. Why do we have Bistan and Pao and now 3! versions of Han, but no Padmé? Or Jango? Or a useful Grievous? Or Revan?
    Three Hans? There's raid and stormtrooper. Was a third announced?

That said... Eh. Fine with me if there are three. The central trio of characters is what started all of this.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Darth_Julienus1
    394 posts Member
    edited July 2017

yea, i don't know what that's supposed to mean. It's not helping me understand the rebel hate anyway.

It's not balancing the game to have a huge skew towards rebels
  • leef wrote: »

What I don't get is why does it matter if they are Rebels.. Factions mean pretty much nothing at this point. People are running Thrawn with Kenobi with Nihilius with Chaze. Or in other words - Empire with Jedi with Sith with Rebels, at this point tags don't matter.
  • JosleCosar
    6 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Dxdavis18 wrote: »
    I think Commander luke will be Luke in his hoth clothing with most likely a blaster and MAYBE his dad's lightsaber. He is still going through training and isnt considered a jedi yet, just a rebel commander that can use the force. Thoughts?

I fear you may be correct.
    Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member

there are 8 pawns on each side in chess, other peices only 1 or 2 of the same on each side. Is chess unballanced?
  • I have only one thing to say about this
    zbNUawp.gif

P.S.
    Zp7EpnK.gif
  • Roken_Fett
    1293 posts Member
    The devs finally listened and we will get more Rebels! Hoth Leia, Hoth Han and Commander Skywalker! Maybe finally the Rebels will be a competent faction!
    Who else is excited?

I'm gonna assume this HEAVY sarcasm so I'm going to join in:

YAY! More of the biggest overpowered faction in the game! Can't wait to use Chaze in other Rebel teams.

+1,000,000
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • Trez
    7 posts Member
    I'm excited. The more well developed characters that are introduced the better. It just means the top teams won't revolve around the same characters. I like the diversity in team composition that's been happening lately.
  • Roken_Fett
    1293 posts Member

It means this game is oversaturated with the Rebel faction, many of them OP or borderline OP.

Hence, this game is out of balance.
  • Roken_Fett
    1293 posts Member

there are 8 pawns on each side in chess, other peices only 1 or 2 of the same on each side. Is chess unballanced?

That's not even close to a good analogy. Like...at all. Chess is comprised of the same exact teams, same "powers." Therefore, balance.
  • ddlooping2
    1046 posts Member
    JosleCosar wrote: »
    Dxdavis18 wrote: »
    I think Commander luke will be Luke in his hoth clothing with most likely a blaster and MAYBE his dad's lightsaber. He is still going through training and isnt considered a jedi yet, just a rebel commander that can use the force. Thoughts?

I fear you may be correct.
    Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to the Dark Side.
    Corrected for accuracy. ;)
  • So Jedi Luke is on the cover page, and we faced Bespin Luke. So when are you going to set them as playable characters.
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    edited July 2017

After Wedge/Biggs/Lando were able to oneshot everything we got all these anti-crit abilities that no one really likes. Chirrut and Baze set a new bar to reach for characters and now new additions like Thrawn are overpowered just to be competitive. What's to like about a faction full of that nonsense
    Edit: they also get the most additions but that isn't so bad, just a bummer
  • Is bespin Luke gonna be commander Luke?
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    In time. Commander Luke is okay for now.
  • Will commander Luke wield a saber? Or maybe both (blaster and saber)
  • OMG so super-excited! You're right, they did listen!
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/93336/some-day-id-like-to-see-more-hoth-rebels

I wanted General Riekkan and Major Derlin, but they went one better and opted for Commander Luke, plus Hoth Leia AND Hoth Solo! And then they added a huge-extra-large expansion to the Wampa Raid. This is very cool. Almost as cool as this guy
    Ps98Zp.gif
  • Technically, the only Rebels that I wouldn't mind seeing are:

-Porkins
    -Rogue One Red 5 "Pedrin Gaul"
    -RotJ Red 5 "Grizz Frix"
    -Dak
    -Nick Sant

C'mon. they'd be fun to have in the game. Even if they're not over-powered.
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • So many have been saying you will need farmboy Luke to get commander Luke. Is this just and assumption? Will we need anyone else?

Also do you think if you have a 3* farmboy Luke you will be able to get a 3* commander Luke or a 7* farmboy Luke for a 7* commander Luke?

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    Roken_Fett wrote: »

That's not even close to a good analogy. Like...at all. Chess is comprised of the same exact teams, same "powers." Therefore, balance.

that is true, not sure where i was going with that one, haha.
  • Trez
    7 posts Member
    So when is all this stuff actually happening?