Use of crystals

I'm a level 46 and playing daily just wondering what people think is a better use of crystals. I have been spending them on packs hoping to snag a good character but no luck so far. Would I be better off using them on extra energy?

Replies

• Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    Absolutely. You're likely at or near the point of needing 20 purple gear pieces to keep upgrading. Better to spend energy in the hunt for those.
    The other reason is that even if you have great luck pulling a good character from packs, you now need to keep trying if you ever want to get enough shards to star them up. Eventually the farmable characters will be better for you at 7* than even the best dead-ended 4*. It's a somewhat flawed design, apart from the whales who can keep returning to the chromium mill.
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • Haha I literally read this in another post and I was like that answers my question
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    Lol, well at least you were smart enough to listen. I made the mistake of dropping the first 2500 I earned into the 8-pack despite all the threads explaining why not to. Live and learn...
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • I haven't spent any money yet nothing has been enticing enough yet so I went for the small packs in the hope of getting some new characters. Big mistake I keep getting ewoks and clone troopers