Galactic Republic is OP

Prev1
xMORIDINx
177 posts Member
Not even one single faction in the game with that many toons, all of them OP, let alone together

Replies

• APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    Yes, Eeth Koth alone with JKG makes for a formidable team...not everyone in the Republic is OP (just GK).
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • xMORIDINx
    177 posts Member
    Oh sure pick the bottom of the barrel. Three. Three! Legendary toons. It's out of control.
  • xMORIDINx
    177 posts Member
    Rex, GK, ATF, R2, and literally any 5th toon can beat any comp in existence
  • If they are so OP, how come most people do not run with them? Players pick and choose from them, but there are very few pure Galactic Republic teams unless you are running Jedi/R2 hybrid. Even then, not many people run that in arena
  • Vertigo
    4496 posts Member
    xMORIDINx wrote: »
    Not even one single faction in the game with that many toons, all of them OP, let alone together
    Oh sure pick the bottom of the barrel. Three. Three! Legendary toons. It's out of control.

I mean when you say "all of them OP" you should expect people to pick the bottom of the barrel. Also "Galactic Republic" as a tag has literally no direct synergy except for 1 line in R2's unique and in ships (But you're clearly not complaining about ships right now).

You can make almost 2 whole teams of crap GR toons. Eeth, JKG, CUP, Chewie, JC, Mace, Kit, Plo, Lumi.
  • xMORIDINx
    177 posts Member
    Because they use the 4 I listed and add Nihilus. It would be easy to run pure but it's even easier to use Darth Cheat Code
  • xMORIDINx
    177 posts Member
    Use the top 4 plus a good mod JKG with high speed potency ability block and it's game over.
  • Vertigo
    4496 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Use the top 4 plus a good mod JKG with high speed potency ability block and it's game over.

Use Maul, DN, Zavage, SAss and JKG you'll still win. Wow funny how that works.

Whats another faction I can pick the top 4 and add JKG? This is a fun game.
  • xMORIDINx
    177 posts Member
    GRepublic demolished that team. Nice try
  • xMORIDINx
    177 posts Member
    And I don't get how you're saying adding a Galactic Republic character to a team defeats my complaint. Kind of supports it, genius
  • Vertigo
    4496 posts Member
    GRepublic demolished that team. Nice try

No, my JKG ability blocked all of them, Maul Dazed all of them, Nihilus annihilated GK and then the rest of the team just fell apart as it couldn't get past Zavage. GR is honestly plenty easy to beat, you're just going about it wrong. Rex lead does nothing if Maul dazes first or the two cleansers are ability blocked.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    If they are so OP, how come most people do not run with them? Players pick and choose from them, but there are very few pure Galactic Republic teams unless you are running Jedi/R2 hybrid. Even then, not many people run that in arena

Best zQGJ team is not purist either. Ezra is far better than JKA, just taking some ppl time to come around. Ezra is a jedi, but a rebel, not galactic republic.

zQGJ, zYoda, zzR2, GK, Ezra.
  • xMORIDINx
    177 posts Member
    Close enough though, man
  • J_Starseed
    325 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Sorry. Rebels, empire and Sith are still stronger. There's an exception with 1 or 2 Jedi teams with R2. And Rex is usable as a mixed squad. Galactic Republic is big but there's few toons where synergy for it has been added yet. So many of the characters are lost to power creep as well.
  • J_Starseed wrote: »
    Sorry. Rebels, empire and Sith are still stronger. There's an exception with 1 or 2 Jedi teams with R2. And Rex is usable as a mixed squad. Galactic Republic is big but there's few toons where synergy for it has been added yet. So many of the characters are lost to power creep as well.

You mean the Galactic Republic R2? And Galactic Republic Jedi like QGJ, Yoda, Anakin, etc? With Galactic Republic Rex? I wouldn't call that 'mixed'
  • I find the jedi teams easy to beat.
  • Galactic republic tags have exactly zero effect except from the one single line in R2D2's unique. Complaining that Galactic Republic is OP is like complaining that that human or units without helmets is an OP faction.

If they ever add a strong lead ability that benefits only Galactic republic then they will be a faction in a meaningful sense.
  • J_Starseed
    325 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    J_Starseed wrote: »

You mean the Galactic Republic R2? And Galactic Republic Jedi like QGJ, Yoda, Anakin, etc? With Galactic Republic Rex? I wouldn't call that 'mixed'

No. I don't. Rex doesn't belong on the mostly Jedi team with R2. All that the Galactic Republic tag does on that team is synergize R2 with the Jedi and give them the boost they need to be competitive in high end arena. The viable team options are Tiny.

z-GQJ, zR2, GK, and then 2 of the following 3: JKA, zYoda, Ezra.

They're good.... But not better than other top arena teams. They have counters. And that's only 6 very specific toons that make this team. Requiring 2-4 Zeta's and general Kenobi who's very hard to attain and to gear.

There are variations on this team like zeta Barris or Ayla.... But they're not as good. And again.... Another zeta required. By and large this faction as a whole is mostly underpowered compared to the meta and lacks synergy as a whole at this point.
  • Rex. Ironically is better on a mixed team. Maybe with GK (who can plug and play anywhere) and possibly R2 but DN is a stronger option with Rex.
  • Seem like a lot of linguistic gymnastics to convince yourselves and me that I'm wrong. But I'm not.
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    You should be complaining about rebels, not Galactic Republic ;)
  • APX_919 wrote: »
    Yes, Eeth Koth alone with JKG makes for a formidable team...not everyone in the Republic is OP (just GK).

If JKG ever gets a solid rework, she could become quite viable. 100% AOE ability block is nice, but on a garbage toon and only lasts for 1 turn.
  • xMORIDINx wrote: »

ATF isn't republic
    Rex is meh
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    APX_919 wrote: »

If JKG ever gets a solid rework, she could become quite viable. 100% AOE ability block is nice, but on a garbage toon and only lasts for 1 turn.

True but most generic-type characters get meh reworks too. Empire got some decent boosts so maybe there's hope.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • xMORIDINx wrote: »

ATF isn't republic
    Rex is meh

Rex is one the best toons in the game is good in arena raids gw and have a ship
  • Galactic republic is like separatist tag have zero leader abilitys and real synergy this two factions need a faction pass
  • OP, yes we know. It is mentioned ever hour on the hour, and tweeted, and reported and sent via carrier pigeon. REPUBLIC IS OP, PERIOD. Thanks Captain Obvious. Lol
  • Poxx wrote: »
    If they are so OP, how come most people do not run with them? Players pick and choose from them, but there are very few pure Galactic Republic teams unless you are running Jedi/R2 hybrid. Even then, not many people run that in arena

Best zQGJ team is not purist either. Ezra is far better than JKA, just taking some ppl time to come around. Ezra is a jedi, but a rebel, not galactic republic.

zQGJ, zYoda, zzR2, GK, Ezra.

I agree. I'm excited to start farming Ezra again (I stopped after 5* thrawn because I had more pressing needs to farm from cantina) he is powerful and fast especially with zQGJ.
  • NahWillis
    195 posts Member
    I find the jedi teams easy to beat.

Same. I've never faced one that came close to killing a hero, at least in arena and GW. I'm sure there are some out there though. I just put Kenobi retribution up and let them kill themselves because they've only got 1 dispeller unless they use Ezra.

But OP, no way.
  • I run Jedi + R2. Galactic Republic, although I would prefer an all separatist option. The true victims of the sith.

I was not elected to watch my people suffer and die while you discuss this meta on a forum!