Next R2D2 Event

Dylore
11 posts Member
Anyone have any idea or best guess based on previous legendary events when the Daring Droid Event will return? It's Palp right now. Do you guys think R2 will be next?

Replies

• I hope not. I need yoda next (about to switch to Jedi squad in arena after I zeta qgj in a few weeks) so I have time to farm empire characters. With luke on the horizon, I'm focusing on ewoks right now, and I really don't want both Luke's event and r2 to coincide
  • Dylore
    11 posts Member
    RandyMarsh wrote: »
    I hope not. I need yoda next

Yeah, Yoda probably will be next. Just curious when they might add R2 in the rotation.
  • Zaraos
    771 posts Member
    R2 is still classed as extremely rare meaning it will be 5-6 months from when the last one was before he comes back
  • Dylore
    11 posts Member
    Zaraos wrote: »
    R2 is still classed as extremely rare meaning it will be 5-6 months from when the last one was before he comes back

Thanks Zaraos, that makes sense. Was that how long it was between the first and second Yoda/Palp events?
  • I'm not sure about yoda, but between the first and second palp events there was a 4 month difference (from august to december)
  • Dylore
    11 posts Member
    I'm not sure about yoda, but between the first and second palp events there was a 4 month difference (from august to december)

Great info! So that would put R2 at maybe September?
  • Dylore wrote: »
    I'm not sure about yoda, but between the first and second palp events there was a 4 month difference (from august to december)

Great info! So that would put R2 at maybe September?

Maybe yes, maybe not, no one knows for sure.
  • RandyMarsh wrote: »
    I hope not. I need yoda next (about to switch to Jedi squad in arena after I zeta qgj in a few weeks) so I have time to farm empire characters. With luke on the horizon, I'm focusing on ewoks right now, and I really don't want both Luke's event and r2 to coincide

I could care so much less, cause I got max Yoda.
    "There are no Jedi here anymore. Only dreamers like this fool." - Baze Malbus.

https://swgoh.gg/u/limitedu34/
  • Cm3Po
    234 posts Member
    Yoda actually came back every month after release. Palps laid dormant for 4 months, came back, then another 3 months until he got thrown into rotation with Yoda. So it looks like this, feb 16 -yoda released, mar-July 16, yoda came back, aug 16 Palps, sept-nov 16 yoda, dec 16 palps, Jan-feb 17 yoda, mar 17 palps, April yoda, may palps, June yoda, July palps, aug yoda, Sept palps, oct my guess is r2, nov I guess thrawn. From there it will keep rotating each month in that order, Yoda, palps, r2, thrawn.
  • Cm3Po wrote: »
    Yoda actually came back every month after release. Palps laid dormant for 4 months, came back, then another 3 months until he got thrown into rotation with Yoda. So it looks like this, feb 16 -yoda released, mar-July 16, yoda came back, aug 16 Palps, sept-nov 16 yoda, dec 16 palps, Jan-feb 17 yoda, mar 17 palps, April yoda, may palps, June yoda, July palps, aug yoda, Sept palps, oct my guess is r2, nov I guess thrawn. From there it will keep rotating each month in that order, Yoda, palps, r2, thrawn.

But yoda and palp will still be every 2 month. They would hit low lvl player with having less trys.
    R2 will be earlyer than Thorn.
    If they would thru Thorn in before x-mas, then they fill the hole with R2 3 Months before.
    This would lead to EP, R2 in Sep and Yoda, Thorn in Dec.

Just guessing...
  • Revi
    573 posts Member
    R2 and EP don't have the same timescales... R2 wont be for at least another 2 months and that's generous...

EP event is no longer an "extremely rare" legendary event.
  • RandyMarsh wrote: »
    I hope not. I need yoda next (about to switch to Jedi squad in arena after I zeta qgj in a few weeks) so I have time to farm empire characters. With luke on the horizon, I'm focusing on ewoks right now, and I really don't want both Luke's event and r2 to coincide

Top Jedi squads drop Yoda for Ezra. I'll do so myself in 150 shards & 1 gear level. Yoda's great, but with 3 cleansers (including double-zeta r2) Tenacity Up isn't quite as essential as before. Might want to keep that in mind before gearing/ zetaing Yoda.
  • Dylore
    11 posts Member
    Cm3Po wrote: »

This is exactly the information I was looking for. Thank you Cm3Po. Thanks for taking the time to include all the past dates. Super helpful, bud! = )
  • I think it's yoda palp yoda palp yoda palp now with thrawn and R2 mixed randomly