Galactic war shuffle.

ChaseKillz
134 posts Member
edited December 2015
Hi I'm a newer player, not one of the "soft launch God's" that currently reside in this forum, but I have managed to clear all but one of my galactic wars. I've been playing for like 2 weeks now but I'm no stranger to turn based rpg's is all I'm saying. And most of this game or any game is common sense (for the most part)

But I digress today at like 89% into level 49 I ran into my first 60 epic team. I've faced difficult teams before but this was my first.

2zdve5v.png

I decided to record some footage of how I went about handling the team but too much editing, so instead I have some nice screenshots from the videos and I plan to explain the best I can, if you want to add to anything or correct anything please speak up. But this post is for those future level 40 players.

First thing is first.
1. Retreating- retreating is resetting the fight but all of the characters keep their same hp you left the fight with and have all buffs/debuffs removed.(so if that old Ben starts his Jedi mind tricks you can just retreat return to battle and you're clear and free to use abilities) ⊙⊙ ~added note~ if you kill the opposition's leader and retreat. The remaining members will no longer benifit from their leader skill.⊙⊙

2. Force Closing- if you wanted to completely reset the fight. You could just force close the game and it would be like the fight never happened.(this is particularly good when things don't go as well as planned or someone important to your team happens to die).

41hfq.jpg ^^ "(ok dooku, we've been doing this for 20 mins, if you miss we both know you die before I can pull you out. now all you have to do is not get dodged by that dathcha and we can retreat)". :D

3. Lumi- she should be the only thing coming out of your galactic shipments as she is the best f2p character you can get to 7*s easily. None of the other options can compare.

4. Galactic Strategies using numbers 1 & 2 Requires some thought, stretegic prowess, and a good amount of character bodies to throw at these higher teams. What I mean by that last part is, have some spare characters come in and take the special abilities,(I wouldn't start with less than three characters and risk the AI basic attacking everyone). I always leave Barriss/chewy to be left up last to recuperate ability cooldowns and health this works with any high health opposing character with low damage output and no counter attack mechanic.

n3lovs.jpg "their ability aoe's are off cool down and I don't have a heal for 3 turns. time to Retreat and put 3 characters I don't care for to soak up the damage".

4. Sacrificing sometimes it's absolutely necessary to let someone go before their time if you come across a considerably higher level team.

zko6lx.jpg "(talia..Luke listen. This was the plan all along, we need you guys to take one for the team so we can finish this Vader)"
oribl3.jpg "take that! Now let's get out of here"

In closing, sometimes you are unlucky and will get multiple teams that will make it hard to actually finish the rest of the GW. Get as far as you can continue gearing and starring your characters and try again TOMORROW.
2iada4l.jpg all that for a guard shard.... Good grief.

How and when to retreat-**Updated 12-16-2015**
Right now I am still in the beginning of my GW and haven't progressed far, there are many different situations when you will need to retreat, you will need to figure out when on your own, because every situation will not be the same and practice makes perfect. but I will show you how though. In this case I'm trying to wipe this whole team out and leave the chewy alive so I can get my abilities back in time for the next battle so you press the gear icon on the top left corner it will look like this.
22dboh.jpg "ok the chewy taunted me off his team, time to retreat, and comeback like nothing happened"

After retreating, you can swap characters in and out of your starting 5 line-up according to what you need at that moment (think of yourself as a sports coach and you call the plays, time-outs, and formations)

f3fjtj.jpg "ok from here I'll just put a bunch of characters that can AOE them down"

14e6lps.jpg "look at that the taunt is no longer up and I can continue clearing his team. AND the map changed that's pretty cool. :-)
467-325-146
Pretty good collection of characters so far and GROWING
Post edited by ChaseKillz on

Replies

• Jadlak
    11 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I got a Qui-gon shard from my GW today. Just the 1, so not that useful... but interesting that you can get 'chromium-only' shards from GW rewards.
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    Great post. Thanks. Had a similar win yesterday. Hit three of these teams.
    Was not aware of the force closing which will help alot. I'm often too impatient and risky and delay my heals so that will help me.
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot
  • Yeah you can get any shard I'm sure. Someone knows if you can get Vader shards but I've gotten sidious and greedo shards from GW.

Keaven wrote: »
    Was not aware of the force closing which will help alot. I'm often too impatient and risky and delay my heals so that will help me.

Glad to help even seasoned players *salute*

467-325-146
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    ChaseKillz wrote: »
    Yeah you can get any shard I'm sure. Someone knows if you can get Vader shards but I've gotten sidious and greedo shards from GW.

Keaven wrote: »

Glad to help even seasoned players *salute*
    I haven't needed a second day attempt yet. If you killed off any enemy heroes before you failed are they still down?

Your guide is the most in depth so far so you might like to add if you KO their leader retreating will remove their leader buff.
  • Did not know killing the leader and retreating removes the buff... Awesome info thanks
  • Please explain retreat? I'm newer to these games and not fully through 2 weeks yet.
  • Thank you very much for posting this! I knew about force-quitting (figured that out accidentally after my 3rd GW), but never knew how retreat worked. Very very helpful!!
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Please explain retreat? I'm newer to these games and not fully through 2 weeks yet.
    It's how you quit a battle.

Accessed from the menu above the auto attack button top left of the screen during a battle.

I haven't actually watched the vid, but it might be worth noting in the OP for the newbs exactly how to do a retreat too.

Also worth specifically mentioning that enemy cool downs don't reset, but turn meters do.
  • ChaseKillz wrote: »
    Yeah you can get any shard I'm sure. Someone knows if you can get Vader shards but I've gotten sidious and greedo shards from GW.

Yep, I did get a Vader shard once.
  • Travedor wrote: »

Same here, got one from 12th match
  • Whoa didnt know about the force closing either. So if you close the game the fight never happened? That should come in handy when my squishys get oneshotted
  • Updated to show how to retreat. Check the last section.
    467-325-146
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    Travedor wrote: »

Awesome. I got an Asajj shard once which will go to waste because I can only get them x 5 from Arena Shipments lol.
    Updated to show how to retreat. Check the last section.
    Cool. Nicely done.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Getting Lumni was definitely a must for me. She isn't just one of the best healers she also hits like a train. Right now my 5* Lumni hits harder than my 4* Luke with her force blast. I'm about to 5* Luke and up a few of his abilities, and am anxious to see what he will do vs her. Eventually, i88 may replace Luke though but he has carried me far.
  • Thank you so very much for this post... I have been playing for awhile and finally came to the boards because I seem to be getting squashed on this part of the game and it just didn't make any sense to me because my lineup is quite deep and I have a lot of toons that are higher levels and purple.

It seems that I should have read the instructions more carefully because I DIDN'T KNOW THAT I COULD RETREAT!!!!

I would be a lot further in this game if i would have know that....gosh.

How does waiting another day work? The one time i did that it did not seem to reset my characters health.

Any help would be welcome.

Again great post.
  • I know this is an old post but I just came across it today and tried it out... perhaps the developers changed it since Jan 2016, but when I tried retreating, it said I would lose my current progress if I retreated, then when I clicked yes anyways, it acted the same as a force close and just reset the current battle node back to the beginning of the fight and did not maintain killed opponents or hp levels...

Have the developers changed how retreating works to make GW's harder or is there some key aspect to the retreat tactic that I'm missing from the explanation?
  • The first 6 battle is easy, usually i fight using my Clone Team, then i would mix and match the caharacter thereafter. The last 3 battle for me the hardest. Usually i would not send my 2 main team until the last battle
  • Yogi
    907 posts Member
    Suffian wrote: »
    The first 6 battle is easy, usually i fight using my Clone Team, then i would mix and match the caharacter thereafter. The last 3 battle for me the hardest. Usually i would not send my 2 main team until the last battle

Run your two main teams on nodes 1 & 2. Then run your clones. This let's you set them up with TM and have abilities set for the hard teams later on.

• Pinkz wrote: »
    I know this is an old post but I just came across it today and tried it out... perhaps the developers changed it since Jan 2016, but when I tried retreating, it said I would lose my current progress if I retreated, then when I clicked yes anyways, it acted the same as a force close and just reset the current battle node back to the beginning of the fight and did not maintain killed opponents or hp levels...

Have the developers changed how retreating works to make GW's harder or is there some key aspect to the retreat tactic that I'm missing from the explanation?

Yeah, they apparently changed it at some point last year. Does not work that way anymore. If you retreat, you lose. I used to use it all the time though. If you can keep track of moves pretty well, the AI will do the same thing, unless you change your moves. For instance, Luminara's first move is to Force Blast every time. But if you reduce a toon below 50% health, she is going to heal first. You can attempt a battle numerous times until you find the right combination to gain the advantage. Also makes for an easy escape if you accidentally do something you didn't mean to.
  • Jadlak wrote: »
    I got a Qui-gon shard from my GW today. Just the 1, so not that useful... but interesting that you can get 'chromium-only' shards from GW rewards.

U can get all shards except cromium and alter cromium characters..i havent seen gg, baze, or rex .. Even if theyre farmable ,cromium or fewer chromium.. There are many more