Thrawn P3 HAAT - No Jyn

HAAT run from today - started at 80% of P3 - upon completion of P3 droid was still only at turn 4. Definitely a full solo is possible without Jyn.

@Mcmole FYI and also thanks for laying the foundation for this type of squad! Along with @Josh_K

4XJi7c4.png

Couple notes:

1. Shore was at 207 speed, Tarkin was 260+, Thrawn I actually had at 180 speed so he could fracture quicker, EP was 223 and DK was 243
2. Did not have Shore's taunt Omega'd, so Tm gain was just at 12% (would be better obviously if 15%)
3. Thrawn's lead here is Zeta'd so when EP uses hate flow it actually adds survivability to Shore (I have Shore's protection near 60k, so 2% protection when O up pops on is 1400 protection and you get 1400 again when it drops off)
4. Between EP's stun and hate flow, Tarkin's aoe, and DK's stagger, controlling the adds is a breeze - except for a few basic hits to finish a few strays off, you can almost ignore them
5. Did this all manual and took a bit less than 90 minutes
6. EP's hate flow is probably the best possible move in this situation since it doesn't add TM despite removing health, takes the 15% TM away, and gives your team O up to do more damage

All hail king Thrawn! They definitely made him crazy OP in raids and he completely breaks the droid in P3. There may be a few other possible combos, but it's pretty key having 2 natural specials + the cleanse from Thrawn's leader on as many toons as possible. I'd be concerned about Vader with his 4/5 CD on his specials.

Just wanted to post this for people that may not have Jyn or would prefer to go full Empire - definitely don't need her for huge damage / solo.

Replies

• Revi
    573 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Amazing, well done, will have to try this out.
  • Many more people have the free-to-play Jyn than Krennic.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Many more people have the free-to-play Jyn than Krennic.

shore is a pita to farm aswell
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Many more people have the free-to-play Jyn than Krennic.

Probably so, but I don't have her built and didn't want to just for this team. From watching the videos with her instead of EP, I feel EP is possibly even superior to Jyn since he helps much more with control of the adds. The TM removal difference between the two isn't that great either when you consider every other hit Jyn can't remove any TM and her average TM removal on TS move is probably 40% (meaning the droid probably has on average 40% TM to remove or so when she attacks it) - even assuming no resistance that'd be a 2 turn average TM removal of about 20% from jyn.
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    Many more people have the free-to-play Jyn than Krennic.

Probably so, but I don't have her built and didn't want to just for this team. From watching the videos with her instead of EP, I feel EP is possibly even superior to Jyn since he helps much more with control of the adds. The TM removal difference between the two isn't that great either when you consider every other hit Jyn can't remove any TM and her average TM removal on TS move is probably 40% (meaning the droid probably has on average 40% TM to remove or so when she attacks it) - even assuming no resistance that'd be a 2 turn average TM removal of about 20% from jyn.

Interesting analysis...though she will also proc the 5% each time as well, since she does damage after removal.
  • kerwyn
    144 posts Member
    Very nice info JSA !!!
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Thanks for the tip. I have Jyn, but she's only g7. I'm not anxious to gear her just for this. I'm already subbing TFP in for Krennic. I hope a g11 Palpatine will be an improvement over a g7 Jyn.

At the very least I'd think the damage would accrue faster. On that note, does Palpatine adding offense up make a difference? Shore can heal, so the fact EP is stealing team mate's health can be overcome. Is my thinking right about that?
  • JacenRoe wrote: »
    Thanks for the tip. I have Jyn, but she's only g7. I'm not anxious to gear her just for this. I'm already subbing TFP in for Krennic. I hope a g11 Palpatine will be an improvement over a g7 Jyn.

At the very least I'd think the damage would accrue faster. On that note, does Palpatine adding offense up make a difference? Shore can heal, so the fact EP is stealing team mate's health can be overcome. Is my thinking right about that?

Shouldn't be a problem overall because shore heals on the use of a special for 10% max health for self and then yes on the taunt he heals for 24%. I will point out again though, I have the Thrawn lead zeta'd, so with the CD buff going on / off and EPs O up going on / off - with all the turns I take here - only shore ever goes past his protection and he's always adding it back - never goes yellow on health as a result. With Shore's heal though you should be fine with the others cause they really don't take damage. Even when the adds are rezed Tarkin puts them O down so they don't hit hard at all.

Yes, O up from EP makes a difference. Since's it's only a 3 turn CD and O up lasts for 2 turns you are attacking with O up for the majority of the fight. Whenever I could I snuck in a DK basic attack as on a crit he could hit for 25k+ - same for EP and same for Tarkin - though I usually had to use Tarkin's TM removal move whenever it was available. The droid is still hard to pin down for TM since it can resist ... and sometimes it goes on insane resist streaks.
  • xReDeMpx
    1690 posts Member
    @JohnnySteelAlpha is there any variation that can be ran for p3 and do massive damage without krennic?

My krennic simply isn't ready for HAAT yet as I'm still dealing with his painful farm
  • xReDeMpx wrote: »
    @JohnnySteelAlpha is there any variation that can be ran for p3 and do massive damage without krennic?

My krennic simply isn't ready for HAAT yet as I'm still dealing with his painful farm

the best would probably be Thrawn lead, Shore, EP, Jyn, and Tarkin - Shore and Thrawn obviously are 100% mandatory and I think Tarkin close to mandatory as well. If not solo, I'm sure Jyn / EP / Thrawn / Tarkin / Shore would do sizable damage -
  • xReDeMpx
    1690 posts Member
    xReDeMpx wrote: »

the best would probably be Thrawn lead, Shore, EP, Jyn, and Tarkin - Shore and Thrawn obviously are 100% mandatory and I think Tarkin close to mandatory as well. If not solo, I'm sure Jyn / EP / Thrawn / Tarkin / Shore would do sizable damage -

I have everything good to go other than jyn properly geared and krennic 7*

Any suitable replacement for jyn as well as krennic to fill void?