Anyone else baffled by Gar and ISC nodes?

When I first saw these toons I was greatly dissapointed by their lack of viability in arena, the reason nobody uses them. Then, after further thought, I belived that while they serve no purpose at all after mid game, they could be used in trying to bring a new life to the absolutely terrible empire teams at the early stages of the game, maybe even being an alternative to the Lando Wiggs STHan teams that dominate low and mid levels.
But now I am like ****. I sincerly don't understand their purpose in the game, at all. Is their ship that good ? Are they so much better than the Phoenix toons? Are they better than Wiggs and Chirrut, better than JKA and Ayala, or other meta toons a lot more accesible and I don't see it? Can anyone shed some light please?

Replies

• They want all empire toons to be tough farms it seems. Same goes for ships. Except for Tarkin for some reason, who's actually one of the best toons in the game.
    Baffling Ezra is literally twice as easy to get than gar. Ezra is arena viable, have never seen anyone use gar in raid or arena unlike the other level 8 cantina node toons so why is he twice as hard to level up?
  • They want all empire toons to be tough farms it seems. Same goes for ships. Except for Tarkin for some reason, who's actually one of the best toons in the game.
    Baffling Ezra is literally twice as easy to get than gar. Ezra is arena viable, have never seen anyone use gar in raid or arena unlike the other level 8 cantina node toons so why is he twice as hard to level up?

I already know that empire toons are a lot harder to get then their usually better rebel counterparts, like Snowtrooper compared with Lando. Or like Shoretrooper being harder to farm and more expensive than a newer and stronger Baze. Or Krennic compared with Chirrut. But at least those toons once farmed or bought have a purpose, can be used in arena or raids. I don't get who the devs expect to farm and gear Gar and ISC.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    I think the reason nobody uses them is that because they were not farmable. Also, they're less interesting than other empire toons. I don't see Saxon replacing someone in a team for now. Now, ISC can be interesting because of his 2 turns CD on his special. He dispell and put a buff immunity, so he can do it every other turn. His basic can hit twice and he can counter (and this is where Saxon is interesting).
    Saxon can have a strong AoE (up to 13k without crit). Both of them are working best with toons having less than 50% TM, so Tarkin comes in the line up.
    Add a tank and DT/Thrawn and it can be fun. But yes, all those toons are on a 16 energy nodes, which is not really balanced. So if you want DT, ISC and Saxon, you have to farm 3 high level cantina nodes. Better see them elsewhere.
  • BulYwif wrote: »
    I think the reason nobody uses them is that because they were not farmable. Also, they're less interesting than other empire toons. I don't see Saxon replacing someone in a team for now. Now, ISC can be interesting because of his 2 turns CD on his special. He dispell and put a buff immunity, so he can do it every other turn. His basic can hit twice and he can counter (and this is where Saxon is interesting).
    Saxon can have a strong AoE (up to 13k without crit). Both of them are working best with toons having less than 50% TM, so Tarkin comes in the line up.
    Add a tank and DT/Thrawn and it can be fun. But yes, all those toons are on a 16 energy nodes, which is not really balanced. So if you want DT, ISC and Saxon, you have to farm 3 high level cantina nodes. Better see them elsewhere.

Yeah that is the thing. Once you are able to farm them you have a lot of better alternatives, even in their faction. Players that don't run empire wouldn't be farming them anyway, but them being on those nodes means that not even empire users will be farming them.
  • tharduskafka
    474 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    They want all empire toons to be tough farms it seems. Same goes for ships. Except for Tarkin for some reason, who's actually one of the best toons in the game.

I already know that empire toons are a lot harder to get then their usually better rebel counterparts, like Snowtrooper compared with Lando. Or like Shoretrooper being harder to farm and more expensive than a newer and stronger Baze. Or Krennic compared with Chirrut. But at least those toons once farmed or bought have a purpose, can be used in arena or raids. I don't get who the devs expect to farm and gear Gar and ISC.

I agree with pretty much all of this, but how is Shoretrooper harder to farm exactly? He was available in a $19.99 pack, can you imagine if that happened with Baze?
  • Having an extra empire ship under a Tarkin lead grants 10% more offence. That alone will make his ship meta.

I agree with pretty much all of this, but how is Shoretrooper harder to farm exactly? He was available in a $19.99 pack, can you imagine if that happened with Baze?

Baze was available in the shard shop. Shore never was. And that was a temporary pack during the faction pass.

Shore is on a harder node than Baze -- I know a number of people who barely 1* 9-b, but then immediately 3* 9-c. Additionally, Shore still costs 80 crystals a shard in shipments, whereas Baze is 50 crystals a shard.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    They want all empire toons to be tough farms it seems. Same goes for ships. Except for Tarkin for some reason, who's actually one of the best toons in the game.

Baze was available in the shard shop. Shore never was. And that was a temporary pack during the faction pass.

Shore is on a harder node than Baze -- I know a number of people who barely 1* 9-b, but then immediately 3* 9-c. Additionally, Shore still costs 80 crystals a shard in shipments, whereas Baze is 50 crystals a shard.

I never understood this price. I completed farming Veers and now switch back to ShT and he's a hell to farm. Second day in a row without shard and at that price, I'll never buy him. At least, those toons should be in rotation in guild shipment.
  • BulYwif wrote: »

I never understood this price. I completed farming Veers and now switch back to ShT and he's a hell to farm. Second day in a row without shard and at that price, I'll never buy him. At least, those toons should be in rotation in guild shipment.

It doesn't make sense to me either that Shore is still 80 crystals a shard. I would buy shards at 50 crystals each, but not at 80.

Okay, that makes sense. For me personally Shore has been easier because of that faction pass, but I don't buy his shards from shipments. I also agree that it's **** that Empire users have to get Rebels or Jedi geared up specifically to get this node unlocked. I geared up Wiggs and Chaze specifically to 3 star Shoretrooper's node.

I guess I was thinking more literally, as in they each have a hard node, but if you add up incidental expenses, sure Shoretrooper is a harder farm.
  • If you're looking for any hint of logic into why they do what they do, just stop. There isn't any. They don't take anything into consideration when they put them on nodes.
  • danflorian1984
    986 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    If you're looking for any hint of logic into why they do what they do, just stop. There isn't any. They don't take anything into consideration when they put them on nodes.

I guess so. Anyway I think it's another missed opportunity. If Gar would have been on a similar node like Lando or Ezra, and ISC in arena like STHan, new players could have build an interesting empire team to counter the dominant rebels, or the less viable but still better than empire factions like scoundrels or lesser jedi. A team of Gar ISC Vader Stormtrooper Tarkin could have been the core to be augmented with later additions like Magmatrooper, TFP or Snowtrooper once those were farmed.
  • Not baffled, but then I've zero interest in either toon, they could have stayed in Chromium.
  • And now they removed them from shard shop after 2 weeks without even replacing them with someone else. They really went like eff them.