All Star Wars movies ranked -- [DEV RESPONSE]

Prev13
Georgemi6
1236 posts Member
edited July 2017
What are your favorite Star Wars movies listed from 1-7? List in order having #1 be the best and #7 being the worst/least best. Also give a rating out of ten if you want. You may also include other movies, like rogue one, the clone wars, etc.
For me it's this:
#1: A new hope 10/10
#2: empire strikes back 9.5/10
#3: revenge of the sith 8.5/10
#4: return of the Jedi 8/10
#5: rogue one 7.75/10
#6: the force awakens 7/10
#7: the phantom menace 6.5/10
#8: attack of the clones 5.5/10
#9: the clone wars movie 4/10
What are your guys's's lists?
Also keep in mind everyone has different opinions n'stuff so try to be nice :)
Post edited by Georgemi6 on

Replies

• Lead Game Designer (Live), Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes
  • Georgemi6
    1236 posts Member

I have heard of that, but since you know about it a guess you're cool too now
    when-you-see-a-cool-meme-in-memecenter_o_152217.gif
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member

tumblr_ob8zjszS3z1v058vko1_500.gif

I like it, but...

Qui-Gon might not have made the biggest impact in the series, but he sure left a crater in my heart.. RIP
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    6 > 7 > RO > 2 > 5 > 3 > 4 > 1
  • RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator
    edited July 2017
    5>6>RO>4>7>2>3>1
    Post edited by RJ__Brando on
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    1. Rogue one 9
    2. Empire strikes back 8.5
    3. New hope 8
    4. The Force Awakens 6.5
    5. Return of the Jedi 6
    6. The Clone Wars 5.5
    7. Phantom Menace 5
    8. Revenge of the Sith 5
    9. Every other movie in existence
    10. Attack of the Clones -1000

• Rogue one
    Return of the Jedi
    Revenge of the Sith
    Empire strikes back
    A New Hope
    Phantom Menace
    The Force Awakens
    Attack of the Clones

None of them are bad though, even AOTC had it's moments.
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    RJ__Brando wrote: »
    5>6>RO>4>7>2>3>1

Haha. I approve of this order.
  • Georgemi6
    1236 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    5>6>RO>4>7>2>3>1

Dang I didn't know ESB was so good it appeared twice XD
  • Shaheen
    88 posts Member
    You guys forgot the best one!!
    Rouge one
    http://www.myconfinedspace.com/2016/12/29/star-wars-rouge-one/
  • Sev74907
    211 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    StarSon wrote: »
    @StarSon What universe do you live in where 2 is better than 5? And how is 4 almost as bad as 1?
  • Shaheen wrote: »

*polite cough*
  • RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator
    Georgemi6 wrote: »
    5>6>RO>4>7>2>3>1

Dang I didn't know ESB was so good it appeared twice XD

Don't know what you're talking about ;)

ovkhze2edhei.gif
  • Mr_Sausage
    1869 posts Member
    4, 6, 5, RO, 7, 3, 1, ...................2.

2 was soooo bad. I actually enjoy all of the movies except 2.
  • ArtooSW
    181 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    RO

That's the top 3 for me and then the others change depending on the last film I've watched. Right now though I'd finish it off with

Post edited by ArtooSW on
  • #1: A New Hope 10/10
    #2: Empire Strikes Back 9.5/10
    #3: Rogue One 9.0/10
    #4: Return of the Jedi 8.0/10
    #5: The Phantom Menace 7.0/10
    #6: The Force Awakens 6.0/10
    #7: Revenge of the Sith 4.0/10
    #8: Attack of the Clones 1/10
  • TheMegaSage
    393 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    4e0169f2e8be555add78bbe26ee93f806b3d9bb1c16f646e6cfca7c2cdf7ea44.jpg

Empire Strikes Back
    *One of the top movies ever, full stop.
    tumblr_mr2y31HUD61rf3wd1o1_500.gif

A New Hope
    *Solid fun. Too bad about all the Special Edition changes though.
    Han_shot_first.gif

The Force Awakens
    *People hate and there are definite issues, but it's a solid movie with great action, and it brought back Star Wars to the mainstream
    Star-Wars-Episode-VII-lighsaber-joke4.jpg

Revenge of the Sith
    *I dunno, I liked it. I bought Anakin's fall to the dark side, and the first 20 minutes were honestly spectacular.
    giphy.gif

Rogue one
    *The end with Darth Vader is all I really remember of this film. I liked it a lot when it first came out, but less so with each new viewing.
    giphy-downsized-large.gif

Return of the Jedi = Phantom Menace
    *Too hard to choose. Both were objectively bad movies, but I like both of these movies anyway, I think more because of how they informed the rest of the movies than anything else.
    That+abomination+jar+jar+binks+could+maybe+have+been+tolerable+_875f0dc60a0ccfeb401ceb1a11018a02.jpg

tumblr_mrl75d8EpM1snmgtto1_400.gif

Attack of the Clones
    *The only Star Wars movie I actually hate. I have a huge, soft spot in my heart for all things Star Wars, but this is an abomination of a movie.
    giphy.gif
  • ArtooSW
    181 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Sev74907 wrote: »
    @StarSon What universe do you live in where 2 is better than 5? And how is 4 almost as bad as 1?

Probably a world where different fans have different opinions and are drawn to different things within the Star Wars universe. I like to call this place the real world.
  • 1: Empire Strikes Back
    2: A New Hope
    3: Rogue One
    4: Return of the Jedi
    5: Revenge of the Sith
    6: The Force Awakens
    7: Phantom Menace
    8: Attack of the Clones
    Regardless of placing, I'll rewatch them all at any time
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    5>3>4>RO>1>6>7>2
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    IV
    VI
    V
    VII
    Rogue One
    III
    II
    The Saga Begins: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEcjgJSqSRU
    I
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    edited July 2017

Just personal opinion, not even necessarily how good they are as movies but how much I enjoy them. I re-watched ANH a year ago I felt it didn't hold up very well. And all I have to say about 2 is: Jedi Coliseum Fight.

Also, this:
    ArtooSW wrote: »

Probably a world where different fans have different opinions and are drawn to different things within the Star Wars universe. I like to call this place the real world.

• The Force Awakens was the most disappointing SW movie for me by far.

Complete lack of originality. Blatant plagiarism of ANH in its main storylines. Profanities such as Finn using a lightsaber, or Rey self-teaching herself how to use the force by "focusing".

And I'm sure JJ Abrams will be spoiling Empire Strikes Back for the next movie because he/disney just want to re-build a fan base with the youth and think reheating the original trilogy will do the trick.

I expect First Order to win big in the next movie.
  • ilNomad
    236 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    5>4>R1>6>3>1>2>7

I truly did not like Force Awakens. Sorry. If I wanted to see New Hope with fancier effects and slightly different characters I would have ranked it higher.
  • ilNomad
    236 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    The Force Awakens was the most disappointing SW movie for me by far.

Complete lack of originality. Blatant plagiarism of ANH in its main storylines. Profanities such as Finn using a lightsaber, or Rey self-teaching herself how to use the force by "focusing".

And I'm sure JJ Abrams will be spoiling Empire Strikes Back for the next movie because he/disney just want to re-build a fan base with the youth and think reheating the original trilogy will do the trick.

Thank you. This +1. All I could do while watching it is wonder how they were going to recreate that next ANH scene. Left the theater very upset lol
  • I like ROTJ best.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m

JJ Abrams isn't the director for TLJ mate, they're following the Marvel template with a different director for each film. Rian Johnson is directing if I remember correctly.

@Darth_Julienus1
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    The Force Awakens was the most disappointing SW movie for me by far.

And what isn't a ripoff in Star Wars: Episode IV, A New Hope
    Let me answer that myself: The special effects invented during production
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection

Well, a lightsaber is just a fancy sword. You don't actually have to be a jedi to use it. If I was walking down the street and saw a lightsaber on the ground, I could pick it up and turn it on, and if I had been trained in melee combat like FN-2199 would have been, I probably could make a go of it as well, before also being sliced down the back by a superior swordsman. :)

For Rey, I just assume she's always been force sensitive, and has probably been subconsciously relying on The Force since she was stranded on Jakku by <spoiler removed> to hide her from her Snoke because her parents are actually <spoiler removed> and <spoiler removed>. So it's not a stretch for me to assume she's been using the Force without knowing it all along, and now that she's been introduced to the world and has seen what Ben can do, as well as all the legends she's heard about Jedi ... I can totally buy it.

Of course, my mileage varies from yours here. :)