The same node 12 every day... -- [DEV RESPONSE]

Replies

• Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    The Nick at Night meme's are very pleasing......
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • Yes, except that is my node 11 everyday. Same team but a different user name each time.
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Look at this gloriousness. The entire forums has reached full meme.

giphy.webp
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member

How long until the first "memes crash my safari" thread? I hope CG has a solution to this totally unrelated issue ;)
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    edited July 2017
    ExarTheKun wrote: »

How long until the first "memes crash my safari" thread? I hope CG has a solution to this totally unrelated issue ;)
    1000000000068412_poster.jpg

Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • ExarTheKun wrote: »
    My node 12 is always a mashup of random maxed out characters. Never any synergy whatsoever.

Today I ran into Rex lead, General Kenobi, Thrawn, Darth Nihilus, and First Order Stormtrooper. They were a HUGE pain. Pretty much no synergy at all, but just a bunch of maxed out (no zeta on Nihilus, but not sure about Thrawn or FOST) tough sons of guns. Fracture, Cooldown increase, taunt with counter, auto-taunt, foresight, Retribution, cleanse, tenacity up, assists, turn meter reduction, annihilate, protection recovery...It took me four teams to finish them off. FOUR TEAMS. Most days I don't even need a second team beyond my Resistance crew, but they just couldn't handle it.

I don't know if I should be happy that I'm finally getting a decent challenge, or bothered by the fact that a motley assortment of no-synergy toons could destroy my fully synergized, 4-zeta Resistance team that's one of the most effective at GW. But I sure hope I don't meet that team again.
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    Cashicus wrote: »
    ExarTheKun wrote: »
    My node 12 is always a mashup of random maxed out characters. Never any synergy whatsoever.

Today I ran into Rex lead, General Kenobi, Thrawn, Darth Nihilus, and First Order Stormtrooper. They were a HUGE pain. Pretty much no synergy at all, but just a bunch of maxed out (no zeta on Nihilus, but not sure about Thrawn or FOST) tough sons of guns. Fracture, Cooldown increase, taunt with counter, auto-taunt, foresight, Retribution, cleanse, tenacity up, assists, turn meter reduction, annihilate, protection recovery...It took me four teams to finish them off. FOUR TEAMS. Most days I don't even need a second team beyond my Resistance crew, but they just couldn't handle it.

I don't know if I should be happy that I'm finally getting a decent challenge, or bothered by the fact that a motley assortment of no-synergy toons could destroy my fully synergized, 4-zeta Resistance team that's one of the most effective at GW. But I sure hope I don't meet that team again.

Sounds like an interesting challenge. I've forgotten to reduce the CD on Poe before a new zMaul node. That's always fun haha.
  • Ailouran
    113 posts Member
    To answer your question @Rapid , I use sith with Zaul lead and find them to be quite easy to be honest (Zaul, Sass, DN, EP, Zavage all 7*, G11). Had difficulty with them once and that was when my sith were wiped on Node 11 but was able to slip by them with my old Rebel arena squad (Wiggs, STH, Lando, Boba). Took a few trial and error tries to find a favourable outcome.

Their damage output is fairly low so healing really helps.
  • Rapid
    421 posts Member
    Ailouran wrote: »
    To answer your question @Rapid , I use sith with Zaul lead and find them to be quite easy to be honest (Zaul, Sass, DN, EP, Zavage all 7*, G11). Had difficulty with them once and that was when my sith were wiped on Node 11 but was able to slip by them with my old Rebel arena squad (Wiggs, STH, Lando, Boba). Took a few trial and error tries to find a favourable outcome.

Their damage output is fairly low so healing really helps.

yeah unfortunately I haven't got a sith team. by the time I could get them all I figured i'd missed the boat putting a zeta on maul which turned out to be right.

I wouldn't classify a team as easy to deal with if you need 2 teams to take them down on occasions ;-)

• AnonymousMeh
    357 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    My node 12 is a general kenobi, sun fac, sith trooper, royal guard & nightsister initiate team. I find it pretty funny.

Is the person called "Thank you to..." cant remember the names it lists, if so, i get the same person every day as well.
    Lossberg wrote: »
    My node 12 is a general kenobi, sun fac, sith trooper, royal guard & nightsister initiate team. I find it pretty funny.

Is the person called "Thank you to..." cant remember the names it lists, if so, i get the same person every day as well.

Yes, for me it's exactly this person. With a long name

Yes, that is the one! "ThankYouAllmyFriends A Sura"
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member

Lossberg wrote: »

Yes, for me it's exactly this person. With a long name

Yes, that is the one! "ThankYouAllmyFriends A Sura"

Asura.....that name just about brings me to tears. Such a nice guy. Had to put the game down for a while.

Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Rex lead, General Kenobi, Thrawn, Darth Nihilus, and First Order Stormtrooper

That sounds terrible, shouldnt a full zetad resistance be able to take that out easy?
  • Rex lead, General Kenobi, Thrawn, Darth Nihilus, and First Order Stormtrooper

That sounds terrible, shouldnt a full zetad resistance be able to take that out easy?

It works for me ;)
    kalidor wrote: »

I appreciate the amount of effort that went into this, but I lack the skills required to determine the validity of these results.

In other words, I'm dumb and I'd prefer a straight answer if CGs offering ;)

I'll say this: That post is not wrong, but it's not exact.

tenor.gif

OMG OMG OMG I'm not wrong! :smile:

I figured there was more to it, but I didn't want to work on it anymore. I freely admitted to that in a related post somewhere ...
    kalidor wrote: »

I appreciate the amount of effort that went into this, but I lack the skills required to determine the validity of these results.

In other words, I'm dumb and I'd prefer a straight answer if CGs offering ;)

I'll say this: That post is not wrong, but it's not exact.

tenor.gif

OMG OMG OMG I'm not wrong! :smile:

I figured there was more to it, but I didn't want to work on it anymore. I freely admitted to that in a related post somewhere ...

Good work detective :)
  • Today I fought a Paploo in my broken node 12. Are the broken nodes not reflective of actual people's squads then?
  • I would need to have a conversation with our team about releasing specifics, first. I will talk to the appropriate people this week and see how we would like to address this request. :)

tumblr_m1dmjfvdcv1r2jm8po1_500.gif

Legend of Korra gif...nice.
  • Fasslefoff wrote: »
    Today I fought a Paploo in my broken node 12. Are the broken nodes not reflective of actual people's squads then?

I saw a picture of this from a chat, wondered myself how a Paploo could exist in a team yet

• We do not compose your opponent squads, all the system does is choose an existing squad relative to your power and assign it to you. The pool of squads available to you are player-created, so these will shift as the meta shifts, especially in the higher brackets.

Interesting statement considering I got Logray as an opponent in node 12 today. His event isn't even announced yet as far as I know. Curious someone would have him in thier roster and be using him.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    Maybe it dips into game changers and dev accounts as well?
  • Rapid wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Is everyone else seeing at least one team of this in GW every day. Thrawn(L), GK, DT, Shore, DN. All maxed and Zeta'd? I'm seeing it every day

Every day for me too.

Me too
  • Rapid wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Is everyone else seeing at least one team of this in GW every day. Thrawn(L), GK, DT, Shore, DN. All maxed and Zeta'd? I'm seeing it every day

Every day for me too.

Also I would like to mention I have one zeta character. I think zetas should count more in the calculations.
  • Modulous wrote: »
    We do not compose your opponent squads, all the system does is choose an existing squad relative to your power and assign it to you. The pool of squads available to you are player-created, so these will shift as the meta shifts, especially in the higher brackets.

Interesting statement considering I got Logray as an opponent in node 12 today. His event isn't even announced yet as far as I know. Curious someone would have him in thier roster and be using him.

I'm sure you have "the bugged easy Node' and i think CG_NotReallyAJedi don't mean bugged easy Nodes.
  • Billcarson66
    852 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    I've always thought the opponent should have the same limits/advantage the player has. If you defeat Wiggs in node 6, they are eliminated from the table for the day.

After all, if your Wiggs dies on node 6, they are eliminated from that table for the day. There are plenty of toons/combos out there to make this possible. It allows a true roster vs roster war of attrition.

Likewise, if your team is defeated and you take out all but there Wiggs, the next encounter can feature the enemy Wiggs with three fresh toons.
  • Nodes are calculated off your highest power, so it is possible you've reached a bracket where your opponents are more homogenized than lower brackets.

We do not compose your opponent squads, all the system does is choose an existing squad relative to your power and assign it to you. The pool of squads available to you are player-created, so these will shift as the meta shifts, especially in the higher brackets.

But what about those high-powered teams that have an R2-D2 lead for example? Can there actually be players out there that go through the hassle of gearing characters to g11 and put non-leaders in that spot?
  • @Omeah

I didn't mean to imply my roster vs your roster, only the players complete roster vs the entirety of toons in the game.

Some combination of players are running a wide enough variety to offer an opponent if once a toon dies on either side, said toon is eliminated from the table for that side until reset.
  • Nodes are calculated off your highest power, so it is possible you've reached a bracket where your opponents are more homogenized than lower brackets.

But what about those high-powered teams that have an R2-D2 lead for example? Can there actually be players out there that go through the hassle of gearing characters to g11 and put non-leaders in that spot?

People often will out in there top 5 power toons, which based on the old power rating would usually all be tanks. I used to wonder why people would use Royal Guard as a leader, but that's why.
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Nodes are calculated off your highest power, so it is possible you've reached a bracket where your opponents are more homogenized than lower brackets.

Thank you for the response. What I don't understand is how people are facing Paploo, and Logray in galactic war already, as those are two characters that have yet to be released to us. So far I have only heard of it on the 12th node from a few people. It seems to have become commonplace for people to believe that there are computer generated teams.
  • tharduskafka
    474 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Mzee wrote: »
    Nodes are calculated off your highest power, so it is possible you've reached a bracket where your opponents are more homogenized than lower brackets.

Thank you for the response. What I don't understand is how people are facing Paploo, and Logray in galactic war already, as those are two characters that have yet to be released to us. So far I have only heard of it on the 12th node from a few people. It seems to have become commonplace for people to believe that there are computer generated teams.

It's only occurring for people with a broken node 12, which gives you the same sort of randomly generated toons as non-player allies.