Separatist Faction Pass!

Prev1
Loose_Lee
2733 posts Member
edited July 2017
Just some ideas im gonna kick around... i belive separatists need it more than nightsisters since they have ZERO separatist leaders.

General Grevious rework

Furious Assault- deal unavoidable physical damage. This damage is increased x4 against jedi opponents.
Grevious Wounds- Deal physical damage to all enemies and 65% chance to inflict heal immunity for 1 turn. Any enemy who avoids attack via foresight or evasion is inflicted with Fear, no resist for 2 turns.
FEAR: all incoming buffs & debuffs reduce tm for all allies by 10% per buff or debuff. This effect cannot be dispeled.
Sinister Laugh- Dispel all buffs on all enemies and turn each buff into damage over time debuff. Reduce turn meter by 50% if enemy is not buffed. No resist.
Daunting Presence- All enemies have -50% critical chance & damage. This is doubled vs. Jedi. All seperatists start encounter with 50% turn meter.
Tactical Retreat- General Grevious gains +10% hp & protection for each seperatist or droid ally. When General Grevious falls below 100% hp he forces the healthiest ally to taunt, cleanses all debuffs on himself and that ally, and gives another random ally 100% tm.

IG-100 Magnaguard
Electrostaff Assault- Deal physical damage with a 60% to stun and inflict offense down.
Disruption- Deal physical damage to all enemies with a 50% chance to remove 50% turn meter. If this effect is resisted by any enemies, IG-100 gains 50% turn meter. IG-100 gains 25% turn meter additionally for each jedi hit, and 25% turn meter for each evade.
Relentless Assault- IG-100 has a 55% counter chance, and auto taunts when grevious falls below 75% hp until its next turn.
If addition IG-100 starts each of its turns with speed up and if it takes no damage before its next turn, also gains offense up.

This just a start... plenty of other things to change/update with the separatists. And plenty of new clone wars era seperatists to add. Please elaborate on this.

EDIT- all enemies will still have a +50-100% crit damage. Starting with half a turn meter is hardly OP either when considering the separatists lack of DPS. Especially when you think of current meta teams with nihlus instakilling, wiggs tripleshots, gk & r2 cleansing and zarris healing on crits and cleansing. The FEAR idea may be over the top. But thats why im throwing it out there.

EDIT 2: @STRIKEBOMB thanks for the link and the info... a whole helluva alot of seperatist ideas in this link. https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/117405/separatist-faction-pass-ideas/p1
Post edited by Loose_Lee on

Replies

• AnakedJaywalker
    719 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Enemies -50% damage? That's ridiculously OP. Double the effect on Jedi is -100% damage, which is even worse.
  • Karfax
    286 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    I like the idea of:

Sinister Laugh- Dispel all buffs on all enemies and turn each buff into a damage over time debuff. Reduce turn meter by 50% if the enemy is not buffed. No resist.

But also how about **also turns all debuffs on allies into random buffs instead**?

He's hard to get and has been since launch, after all, it took me 9 months as FTP to acquire him at full 7* and now Gear 11.
    Let's make General Grevious great again.
    *** So be it... Jedi ***
  • Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    How so? It cuts a wiggs triple shot down to something sustainable and there are no seperatist healers so its balanced. Also it has no bearing on nihlus just instakilling toons.
  • Loose_Lee wrote: »
    How so? It cuts a wiggs triple shot down to something sustainable and there are no seperatist healers so its balanced. Also it has no bearing on nihlus just instakilling toons.

Jedi have -100% damage. So basically, no Grevious led teams take any damage from Jedi, at all, regardless of how many times they're hit.
    Just some ideas im gonna kick around... i belive separatists need it more than nightsisters since they have ZERO separatist leaders.

General Grevious rework

Furious Assault- deal unavoidable physical damage. This damage is increased x4 against jedi opponents.
    Grevious Wounds- Deal physical damage to all enemies and 65% chance to inflict heal immunity for 1 turn. Any enemy who avoids attack via foresight or evasion is inflicted with Fear, no resist for 2 turns.
    FEAR: all incoming buffs & debuffs reduce tm for all allies by 10% per buff or debuff. This effect cannot be dispeled.
    Sinister Laugh- Dispel all buffs on all enemies and turn each buff into damage over time debuff. Reduce turn meter by 50% if enemy is not buffed. No resist.
    Daunting Presence- All enemies have -50% critical chance & damage. This is doubled vs. Jedi. All seperatists start encounter with 50% turn meter.
    Tactical Retreat- General Grevious gains +10% hp & protection for each seperatist or droid ally. When General Grevious falls below 100% hp he forces the healthiest ally to taunt, cleanses all debuffs on himself and that ally, and gives another random ally 100% tm.

IG-100 Magnaguard
    Electrostaff Assault- Deal physical damage with a 60% to stun and inflict offense down.
    Disruption- Deal physical damage to all enemies with a 50% chance to remove 50% turn meter. If this effect is resisted by any enemies, IG-100 gains 50% turn meter. IG-100 gains 25% turn meter additionally for each jedi hit, and 25% turn meter for each evade.
    Relentless Assault- IG-100 has a 55% counter chance, and auto taunts when grevious falls below 75% hp until its next turn.
    If addition IG-100 starts each of its turns with speed up and if it takes no damage before its next turn, also gains offense up.

This just a start... plenty of other things to change/update with the separatists. And plenty of new clone wars era seperatists to add. Please elaborate on this.

Sorry, but you are saying that Grevious will be able to deal 24k on Jedi if he does 6k? and -50%, but DOUBLED on Jedi? Please consider what your idea is, because this is insanely OP.
    "There are no Jedi here anymore. Only dreamers like this fool." - Baze Malbus.

https://swgoh.gg/u/limitedu34/
  • Not entirely agree with the kit, but
    +1000000000000000
    to the Separatist rework
  • Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    Another few toons that could be added are the commander droids (like the one commanding the AAT tank in the raid) the assassin droids from TCW (ones that took plo koon) B1 battle droids, rocket troopers, Scavengers, Droideka, Geonosian Zpmbies, Geonosian Queen, etc..
  • Nesh
    49 posts Member
    Am not even sure what your trying to say with fear but it sounds ridiculous, why would a debuff ever effect other toons? Or a buff? Your opening a whole world of OP with that!

What you describe essentially means seperatists always attack first, almost without regard for mods, and that jedi, under QGJ will never get to attack, foresight= fear= team losing TM, not single toon WHOLE TEAM.

NO, just no
  • Actually I'm fine with this as long as both GK and JKA get an extra unique that instakills any Grievous led team at the start of battle. That should balance it out.
  • Nesh
    49 posts Member
    I don't even run jedi but **** is with the hate for them 4x damage againtst them? For his basic. Not like they arent crippled against enough toons ffs

Design 101 - If you are designing something to specifically target a particular item make sure you check what effect it has on everything else.

The minus 50% crit chance and damage may be something you want to reduce the effectiveness of Wiggs triple shots but by reducing it by that much makes every other attack in the game very weak. Doubling the effect on Jedi would make all Jedi useless vs Greivous.
  • Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    Yes... in the clone wars... the separatists ALWAYS seemed to have had the upper hand on the republic... where they were, how many, who was there, and continually got the drop on the republic... (well they did have palpatine feeding dooku the info from inside the republic) So to make a long story short... yes the seperatists should be the masters of playing a card game with a loaded deck... because they definitely always had a loaded deck... especially vs. Jedi.

Now clone troopers... that should be the seperatists weakness.
  • Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    @Nack_Alfaghn aside from general kenobi... all jedi were useless against grevious.
    @Nack_Alfaghn aside from general kenobi... all jedi were useless against grevious.

You can quote people by the way. It's easier than @ing someone.
    "There are no Jedi here anymore. Only dreamers like this fool." - Baze Malbus.

https://swgoh.gg/u/limitedu34/
  • Yung_Hen
    139 posts Member
    This is laughably overpowered and not well thought out

You can quote people by the way. It's easier than @ing someone.
    Poor ing will be wondering when he posted on this thread now.
  • Enemies -50% damage? That's ridiculously OP. Double the effect on Jedi is -100% damage, which is even worse.

He means minus 50% critical damage
  • Enemies -50% damage? That's ridiculously OP. Double the effect on Jedi is -100% damage, which is even worse.

He means minus 50% critical damage
    Really doesn't look like that when you read the follow up posts.
  • Bt_7274
    357 posts Member
    Wat? Seriously?start encounter with 50% tm?
    discord:Darth Woodman#6467,looking for shardmates:Warrior ìN,skirge2000,GlideX,erykgx,harunalp,TDB,Kiwida,dyloot,pm me on discord plz
  • Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    Every character has an inherit 150% crit damage rating.... taking 50% off that means the enemy crits for 100% normal damage...

Unless there jedi, in which case they get a 100% penalty to crit damage giving them only a +50% bonus to critical hits vs. Grevious lead.

This is hardly OP as the current -20% penalty general grevious CURRENTLY inflicts is not even noticable.

And as stated above, the sepatists had palpatine feeding them info on fleet locations, strength, numbers, etc... so giving seperatists a half a turn meter head start will not make them OP but rather maybe, just maybe make them competive with the current arena teams and capable of attaining #1 and doing better than most on defense with that TM boost.

The fear mechanic i introduced is just a thought, that part may be OP but thats why were discussing it.
  • Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    @STRIKEBOMB indeed... i like this Droideka idea...

But have to ask... if you have 5 shield charges and can only remove 1 per turn... do you mean each enemy can only remove 1 per turn? Or can only 1 be removed per Droideka turn?
  • STRIKEBOMB
    1232 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Loose_Lee wrote: »
    @STRIKEBOMB indeed... i like this Droideka idea...

But have to ask... if you have 5 shield charges and can only remove 1 per turn... do you mean each enemy can only remove 1 per turn? Or can only 1 be removed per Droideka turn?

Each enemy can only remove 1 per turn (it still does damage as normal but also removes 1 charge). Droideka's turns have no effect on it. So if all 5 enemies go back to back and hit droideka (in their respective turns) the taunt will go away until he gains more charges. The idea was to simulate that the shield can be damaged or destroyed when it sustains enough firepower. I also wanted a droid pretaunt but Jawa Engineer created a problem with it (due to Recalibrate) so his taunt would need to be extended to 2 or 3 turns to have ANY effect whatsoever if he is in the squad with droideka. But then if JE wasn't in the squad droideka would have a 2 or 3 Turn pretaunt and it would be OP. So I created the shield charges to make a pretaunt that acts like a 1 turn pretaunt even if JE is in the squad with droideka.
  • OHK Jedi? Seriously? We already have Maul with anti Jedi abilities, I think there should be an anti sith ability before another anti Jedi ability is considered. Other than that, it sounds like a great rework.
  • Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    Gotcha... yrs i like that idea alot... a whole helluva alot.
  • Whenever you make these type of threads expect the haters to come through.
  • But I do think that's waaaaay too much critical damage and chance rediction. Half it all and your good. I do like fear it sounds interesting. This will render the jedi even more useless in arena though. Maybe if we get a Jedi rework this would be better. And IG 100 has too much turn meter gain on one of his specials. Otherwise their decent
  • Ledinis
    193 posts Member
    IE4TAPPL3S wrote: »
    Whenever you make these type of threads expect the haters to come through.

Well if they are thought through and good ideas, theres a lot less haters. But the fella is suggesting Grievous crit for 50k on jedi with his basic, along with an otherwise OP kit, so you can either laugh or hate on a post like this :)
  • OHK Jedi? Seriously? We already have Maul with anti Jedi abilities, I think there should be an anti sith ability before another anti Jedi ability is considered. Other than that, it sounds like a great rework.

I agree. If grevious is going to have anti Jedi abilities we should first get a windu rework with anti sith abilities
  • Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    @IE4TAPPL3S grevious currently has -20% crit dmg/chance reduction... its not even noticeable... so bumping it from -20 to -50 is something im firm about.

IG-100 was the first character i maxed everything on... his speed is horrendous so the tm gain he gets from his aoe is NOT OP... it simply guarantees he will follow up his aoe with another basic. And that can only happen once every 3 rounds.