The same node 12 every day... -- [DEV RESPONSE]

Replies

• Ailouran wrote: »
    My node 12 is a general kenobi, sun fac, sith trooper, royal guard & nightsister initiate team. I find it pretty funny.

Is the person called "Thank you to..." cant remember the names it lists, if so, i get the same person every day as well.
    Lossberg wrote: »
    Ailouran wrote: »
    My node 12 is a general kenobi, sun fac, sith trooper, royal guard & nightsister initiate team. I find it pretty funny.

Is the person called "Thank you to..." cant remember the names it lists, if so, i get the same person every day as well.

Yes, for me it's exactly this person. With a long name

Yes, that is the one! "ThankYouAllmyFriends A Sura"

I also face this team everyday as last node
  • Nodes are calculated off your highest power, so it is possible you've reached a bracket where your opponents are more homogenized than lower brackets.

We do not compose your opponent squads, all the system does is choose an existing squad relative to your power and assign it to you. The pool of squads available to you are player-created, so these will shift as the meta shifts, especially in the higher brackets.

But what about those high-powered teams that have an R2-D2 lead for example? Can there actually be players out there that go through the hassle of gearing characters to g11 and put non-leaders in that spot?

People often will out in there top 5 power toons, which based on the old power rating would usually all be tanks. I used to wonder why people would use Royal Guard as a leader, but that's why.

Question remains: Why would anyone do that? N-R-A-J said that it was existing teams, not some guy's top 5 toons. So I'm wondering in what kind of scewed parallel universe someone would put together such a team and actually use it.
  • Nodes are calculated off your highest power, so it is possible you've reached a bracket where your opponents are more homogenized than lower brackets.

We do not compose your opponent squads, all the system does is choose an existing squad relative to your power and assign it to you. The pool of squads available to you are player-created, so these will shift as the meta shifts, especially in the higher brackets.

But what about those high-powered teams that have an R2-D2 lead for example? Can there actually be players out there that go through the hassle of gearing characters to g11 and put non-leaders in that spot?

People often will out in there top 5 power toons, which based on the old power rating would usually all be tanks. I used to wonder why people would use Royal Guard as a leader, but that's why.

Question remains: Why would anyone do that? N-R-A-J said that it was existing teams, not some guy's top 5 toons. So I'm wondering in what kind of scewed parallel universe someone would put together such a team and actually use it.

Sorry, I assumed you knew about the broken node 12. At about 48-50k power (old power rating), your last node turns into level 85, 3 star, g3-6 toons. More than that can actually break nodes 10-11 as well. So people put in their highest power toons to try and accomplish that.
  • kevsmart
    492 posts Member
    Mufastor wrote: »

Lossberg wrote: »

Yes, for me it's exactly this person. With a long name

Yes, that is the one! "ThankYouAllmyFriends A Sura"

I also face this team everyday as last node

Me too. Every day since the new power numbers came out. FWIW the team is incredibly easy to beat.
  • Fasslefoff wrote: »
    Today I fought a Paploo in my broken node 12. Are the broken nodes not reflective of actual people's squads then?

@Fasslefoff the broken node pulls from what are bacially bot players.

When you first start the game and have no allies you can barrow an ally from some people who are actually real players (and it will ask if want to ally request) and some who are not (you WON'T have an option to request).
  • @EventineElessedil

I wonder how close you were. Back in June 2016, I deduced that GW opponents were selected based on the midpoint between arena team power and top 5 character power (although I didn't do the full analysis that you did)

Can you clarify further @CG_NotReallyAJedi ?

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/46813/galactic-war-question
  • I remember that discussion @Richisential . It's just nice to know we were close. Close enough that it allowed me to plan my attack, and that's what really mattered to me
  • DarthBlartMC
    595 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    @EventineElessedil

I wonder how close you were. Back in June 2016, I deduced that GW opponents were selected based on the midpoint between arena team power and top 5 character power (although I didn't do the full analysis that you did)

Can you clarify further @CG_NotReallyAJedi ?

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/46813/galactic-war-question

I would say the lineup you face is based on the highest powered team that you ever ran through node one. Proof of this is for the last few months I have had an easy node 12. A couple weeks ago I had a hard node 12 pop up, the next GW run I did had a second hard node 12. The next GW I did, I changed my line up and mods to get the highest power team I could for node one. After that, I have had easy node 12's ever since. So the lineup must be determined by the highest powered team that you ever sent into node 1. This will stick for all the Galactic wars you run until you send in a higher powered team. What changes is the opponents power relative to your highest power ever sent into node 1. This gives you the variation for each GW you run.
    Edit: @CG_NotReallyAJedi gratuitous meme and Dev's name added to illicit dev response
    28e.gif
    Post edited by DarthBlartMC on
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Mzee wrote: »
    Nodes are calculated off your highest power, so it is possible you've reached a bracket where your opponents are more homogenized than lower brackets.

Thank you for the response. What I don't understand is how people are facing Paploo, and Logray in galactic war already, as those are two characters that have yet to be released to us. So far I have only heard of it on the 12th node from a few people. It seems to have become commonplace for people to believe that there are computer generated teams.

It's only occurring for people with a broken node 12, which gives you the same sort of randomly generated toons as non-player allies.

Some of the combinations I have faced are huge head scratchers so I was surprised to be told that these are player made combinations. Maybe, they used them just for the laugh. Who knows.
  • Versatti
    241 posts Member
    My node 12 is not a challenge, it's a massacre. My squads are in no way comparable to the squad I face. Top end player, top end toons and mega speed mods. It's not fun and I no longer even attempt it, just wait until the next day to reset.

Your methodology is borked CG.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Nodes are calculated off your highest power, so it is possible you've reached a bracket where your opponents are more homogenized than lower brackets.

Thank you for the response. What I don't understand is how people are facing Paploo, and Logray in galactic war already, as those are two characters that have yet to be released to us. So far I have only heard of it on the 12th node from a few people. It seems to have become commonplace for people to believe that there are computer generated teams.

It's only occurring for people with a broken node 12, which gives you the same sort of randomly generated toons as non-player allies.

Some of the combinations I have faced are huge head scratchers so I was surprised to be told that these are player made combinations. Maybe, they used them just for the laugh. Who knows.
    I ran into some really weird squads that were five highly geared tanks--but not good tanks, just ones with lots and lots and lots of health.

I always assumed those teams were intended to have a power rating that would break the formula and give one of those level 8 squads in node 12.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Versatti
    241 posts Member

Depending on how the teams are selected and at what times, if you're fortunate enough to face a push over squad it's most likely as a result of Arena collusion.

• Versatti wrote: »

Depending on how the teams are selected and at what times, if you're fortunate enough to face a push over squad it's most likely as a result of Arena collusion.

OCc2zh7.gif
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Versatti wrote: »

I had a Kylo Ren lead, with Barris, Palpatine, R2D2, and Baze. Full zetas. I was convinced this was a computer team. I have also had a zeta Chewie lead before.
  • https://imgur.com/a/yQxL2
    This is my node 6 today. I own ONE zeta character. This is ****.
  • EventineElessedil
    6171 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Jonsolo32 wrote: »
    Trgx3SC.png

Very tough squad. R2 does a good job at neutralizing these guys. You don't happen to have him, do you?
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Jonsolo32 wrote: »
    https://imgur.com/a/yQxL2

A Plo Koon lead with a bunch of hard-hitting attackers can also do well against this particular team, as Plo's Overwatch gives a 55% chance to remove stealth from each enemy at the beginning of an hero's turn, and if you omega it, grants them offense up if they remove stealth. Plo's basic can also strip the HoTs and ST's taunt.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Mzee wrote: »

In that case, it could be a player ran a specific comp with a weird leader because a guildie wanted to borrow a specific toon(perhaps without a leader ability) for a specific battle. I don't have zylo, but a guild mate does. He used him one day as cantina leader so I could borrow him. I have no idea what crazy comp he might have run under him.
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Is everyone else seeing at least one team of this in GW every day. Thrawn(L), GK, DT, Shore, DN. All maxed and Zeta'd? I'm seeing it every day on at least one node, sometimes two in a row. Not that I'm complaining since it's easier to wear down than a Chaze, GK Wiggs team. But is it that much of a meta that everyone is going for it?

I have had the same problem, although I can't even made node 12 every day because of the Zaul team in node 10 every single day.
  • I see GW as a great way to measure my progress in the game. I used to roll through it no problem but just recently I started getting more serious about what toons I geared and collected. As such I've seen my GW steadily increase in difficulty for about 2 months now. It went from a cakewalk to seeing a fully maxed Zaul squad on node 12 about every 3 or 4 run throughs. I can't even touch that squad but I don't mind because it's presence means my roster has improved to the point where that squad and others like it are necessary for GW to stop me.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    putz1337 wrote: »
    I would need to have a conversation with our team about releasing specifics, first. I will talk to the appropriate people this week and see how we would like to address this request. :)

tumblr_m1dmjfvdcv1r2jm8po1_500.gif

Legend of Korra gif...nice.

• I think that your power rating for GW is based on the highest power(Old rating system) squad you have ever used anywhere in the game. If you have ever gone tap tap tap tap tap on the first slot to build a squad to auto level one of a marquee event or a low level cantina node then that would be your five strongest toons, or at least what were your five strongest then. If you have never done that, then the theory that running your five strongest toons on the first node of GW will help break it will seem to work, even if it isn't perfectly accurate.

People just tapping five times on the first slot to beat a super easy fight as quickly as possible would also explain where the oddball teams with all or mostly all tanks and no leader ability come from too. It doesn't matter how badly your team synergises if the first move is going to be a Vader AOE that one shots the entire enemy team.

Sadly, the new power rating system makes it impossible to try and run your top five toons to deliberately break GW nodes, and if GW ever changes over to the new system it is going to be a disaster. The new system overvalues stars to a ridiculous extent, and people with 7* gear 8 teams are going to be facing teams full of 5* gear 11 toons where the low star enemies will be such hard to max characters as Baze, Shoretrooper, Nihilus, Thrawn, etc. And that will just be the teams that are supposed to be equal in power, the teams that are meant to have higher power ratings that your own will be much worse.
  • Fought an allymate once on node 12. He was Running a Sick Triple Cleanse squad.Except he didnt own Chirrut, Baze, and he would have killed for the mods on the N12 squad ;)

My guess is the game just picks a name and assigns toons to form a squad within certain paramenters, but that is proof its not a "real" squad someone uses
  • Versatti wrote: »

Guys, these aren't arena teams. These are teams from GW. If you come across a bunch of non synergy tanks, it's because someone was trying to break their node 12.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    I think that your power rating for GW is based on the highest power(Old rating system) squad you have ever used anywhere in the game. If you have ever gone tap tap tap tap tap on the first slot to build a squad to auto level one of a marquee event or a low level cantina node then that would be your five strongest toons, or at least what were your five strongest then. If you have never done that, then the theory that running your five strongest toons on the first node of GW will help break it will seem to work, even if it isn't perfectly accurate.

People just tapping five times on the first slot to beat a super easy fight as quickly as possible would also explain where the oddball teams with all or mostly all tanks and no leader ability come from too. It doesn't matter how badly your team synergises if the first move is going to be a Vader AOE that one shots the entire enemy team.

Sadly, the new power rating system makes it impossible to try and run your top five toons to deliberately break GW nodes, and if GW ever changes over to the new system it is going to be a disaster. The new system overvalues stars to a ridiculous extent, and people with 7* gear 8 teams are going to be facing teams full of 5* gear 11 toons where the low star enemies will be such hard to max characters as Baze, Shoretrooper, Nihilus, Thrawn, etc. And that will just be the teams that are supposed to be equal in power, the teams that are meant to have higher power ratings that your own will be much worse.
    They literally just said it's based on your most powerful characters. Do try to keep up.
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    I would need to have a conversation with our team about releasing specifics, first. I will talk to the appropriate people this week and see how we would like to address this request. :)

You like Aang better, is what you mean. And that's a totally fair and valid thing to say. But subjectively liking Thing A more than Thing B doesn't make Thing A objectively better than Thing B.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »
    I think that your power rating for GW is based on the highest power(Old rating system) squad you have ever used anywhere in the game. If you have ever gone tap tap tap tap tap on the first slot to build a squad to auto level one of a marquee event or a low level cantina node then that would be your five strongest toons, or at least what were your five strongest then. If you have never done that, then the theory that running your five strongest toons on the first node of GW will help break it will seem to work, even if it isn't perfectly accurate.

They literally just said it's based on your most powerful characters. Do try to keep up.
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

You like Aang better, is what you mean. And that's a totally fair and valid thing to say. But subjectively liking Thing A more than Thing B doesn't make Thing A objectively better than Thing B.

No actually I like Avatar Aang better because he is the avatar throughout his entire series. Please do try to keep up
  • Telle
    16 posts Member

NO MORE MONEY FOR YOU
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    So now you have guys like iN Shimrra running a Thrawn (L), Chaze, DN, and GK team. All maxed out and zeta'd. So what you devs are saying is that you simply go by power numbers rather than actually figuring out a way to make it more even?
    According to that logic my rag tag team of Zoda, QGZ, Zidious, Zader and Zylo are on even playing level with the above team? The synergies and special abilities on that Thrawn team just crush my "top" players.
    Here's an idea to make it more fair. Take total arena power of ALL toons on a person's roster. Base the nodes off a percentage of that and pair on that regards. You must be out of your minds if you think my top team can hang with iN's top team.
  • Fought an allymate once on node 12. He was Running a Sick Triple Cleanse squad.Except he didnt own Chirrut, Baze, and he would have killed for the mods on the N12 squad ;)

My guess is the game just picks a name and assigns toons to form a squad within certain paramenters, but that is proof its not a "real" squad someone uses

You know that duplicate names are allowed right? There have been multiple posts confirming that teams people have been getting in nodes where built by other people, usually to try and get the broken node 12.

Also Cap says they don't make the squads. The devs might not answer every question, but they aren't going to straight up lie and risk the blow back.
  • Done with these impossible GW nodes. Whatever you guys did to the galactic war was a mistake. Reverse it!