If you don't have Kenobi should you face him in GW

I bet 90% of the players don't have General Kenobi in their line up. Is it fair you might have to face him over and over again in Galactic War? Could your program look and see if the player has Kenobi and only then allow a GW Squad get Kenob?

Replies

• Yes, you should face chars you don't have. The only thing the game should worry about is fighting the right power level of team for each node
  • I bet 90% of the players don't have General Kenobi in their line up. Is it fair you might have to face him over and over again in Galactic War? Could your program look and see if the player has Kenobi and only then allow a GW Squad get Kenob?

Thrawn,Ezra,Qgj,B2,death trooper,nihlus, emperor palpetine, tfp, and many more characters are pretty effective if used correctly against kenobi.. if you are facing him often, I would consider saving one or 2 of those til a later node where hes likely to appear.
  • Well I think Kenobi is so hard to get, and at my level I constantly see the character in my Galactic War and it makes the battles kind of unfair since he is so powerful. I would make this exception only for Kenobi.
  • My GK is G6 and 7* sitting on my bench. I don't care that I face him in GW all the time.
  • Well I think Kenobi is so hard to get, and at my level I constantly see the character in my Galactic War and it makes the battles kind of unfair since he is so powerful. I would make this exception only for Kenobi.

Same could be said for many nearer end-game characters then like Ep,thrawn,yoda,han solo etc? Or what about high level cantina characters like sith assasin or nillus? And on the rare occasion general grievous? This list goes on !

This is nonesense please stop it and just learn how to beat him like everyone else.
  • Khayman
    850 posts Member
    It helps you prep for future encounters and learn how to potentially use him as well
  • Yes.

That is all.
  • Sothe
    179 posts Member
    I love being able to practice against GK and other top tier characters in Galactic War.

But that's just me.
  • I think they mainly just need to adjust Power levels a bit more. Chaze, GK, Rex, DN, Maul, Kylo, etc. should all have far higher Power ratings, simply because they are so disproportionately difficult to deal with. Not even the most ardent of Chaze defenders can tell me that they should have lower Power ratings than bloody Nightsister Initiate.
  • Fahrius
    620 posts Member
    Yeah, why not? I wreck him everyday with clones
    https://swgoh.gg/u/fahrius/ - Discord - Fahrius#1194
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    If you start with Kenobi, why not cut out every other hero that you don't have? You'd just be playing with yourself.

giphy.gif

• jhbuchholz
    1966 posts Member
    As someone who doesn't have General Kenobi, yes. You should have a chance to face him even if you don't have him.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    I dont have a problem with facing mob enforcer even though i dont have her.

"Oh, but kenobi is really strong"

So if we dont have kenobi, chaze, thrawn, rex, nihilus, palpatine, r2, or any zetas, we shouldn't have to battle them?
  • Byakuya
    392 posts Member
    I dont have chaze why should i have to face them
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    Kenobi can easily be taken out without your own.
  • why would you turn down the chance to learn how to fight a popular toon who will be a sure enemy of yours down the line? seems indicative of a refusal to grow as player rather than a legitimate concern
  • Yes! But only if that means I don't have to see Chaze, since I don't have either of them.

Without that duo showing up in nodes 6 & 9-11, pretty sure I'd clear it in under 10 minutes.
  • Brainsym
    127 posts Member
    I hear you... For me Its not about having to Vs him in the GW while not having him... It is mainly because he appears only with the OP teams that are hard hard to defeat in the first place. And by that i mean a multi zeta team... I only have one zetad toon and thats zylo and i still struggle, makes me wonder about the ones that dont have any zetas yet and still have to vs him...

When your ftpand need the rewards its no longer about training and having a brilliant pink time... Thats what some people forget.

Dw, keep upgrading your toons and soon he will be a problem of the past... Alot of the nasty insensitive comments are from people who have been playing for a long time and forgot the struggle of having to face him when your at your early levels or even just got to lvl 85 and your toons are not even ready to face him...
  • Kalano
    415 posts Member
    You have to battle him in arena as well. Why not in GW? Giving you an indication how to deal with him
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    having a kenobi of your own isn't going to make battling kenobi in GW that much easier, other characters on the other hand can easely deal with kenobi in GW.
    Save water, drink champagne!