Best Three Toon Squad???

Had an interesting idea while in the shower. Was thinking to myself what would be the best three toon squad? Now I wanted to take it one step further and make the squad all the same faction. While thinking about this, assume that all abilities and stats remain as is, and are not balanced for a three toon squad.

So if you were to limit it to one faction, I think that the best 5 toon squad may be wiggs/chaze/R2. Dumbing that down to a 3 person squad takes out some of the punch. While I think that Chaze/R2 might be one of the top combos, I feel there might be better ones out there.

Limiting it to 3 toons also takes a little steam out of the DN train if you were to go with a with squad. It would take much longer to get off a OHKO as there are only 3 toons to have cooldown reduction.

If I were to try out a 3 toon squad, I think I might go with an Empire squad lead by Thrawn, DT, and Shore. There is a lot of utility, damage, and a big walll to get through with those 3 toons.

I am interested to hear what other peoples thoughts are on this!

Replies

• Ere742
    50 posts Member
    Zfinn, Poe and resistance trooper have seen videos of this destroying the meta!
  • Yokai
    10 posts Member
    I don't think anything would change with DN. Maybe it would even increase because less damage is available with 3 toons and a one hit ko would be the simple solution to it.

DN lead, SA and ST (health steal, tm gain with a good tank)

• Yokai wrote: »
    I don't think anything would change with DN. Maybe it would even increase because less damage is available with 3 toons and a one hit ko would be the simple solution to it.

DN lead, SA and ST (health steal, tm gain with a good tank)

See I am not sure about that, Thrawn would lock down ST, and then DT would inflict healing immunity/daze to negate the health steak and TM gain. It would be a good team, don't get me wrong, but I think that empire would come out on top.

Although I am a bit biased as I currently run empire in arena....
  • zFinn Poe and RT as a team of 3, with exceptionally good RNG can stomp all current meta squads of 5.
  • What about first order, thinking zKylo would be a bit of a pain if you only had 3 toons, thinking Phasma and FOTP to accompany him.
  • Or Jedi, Kenobi zBarriss and JKA would possibly be quite tough to kill and hit reasonably hard.
  • Jetlife
    1367 posts Member
    My favorite is DN/dooku/ep. I pair up thrawn/gk or gk/r2 with them all the time
  • Wow, how could I forget Dooku, or as I used to think of him, Darth Clone-bane.

Yeah, he would bug the hell out of me in a 3 man team.
  • Mattikin wrote: »
    Wow, how could I forget Dooku, or as I used to think of him, Darth Clone-bane.

Yeah, he would bug the hell out of me in a 3 man team.

For Sith, would Zaul and Zavage not be better company for Dooku on the grand annoyance scale.
  • Jetlife wrote: »
    My favorite is DN/dooku/ep. I pair up thrawn/gk or gk/r2 with them all the time

Didn't think of dooku, definitely would be a pain in the butt. I still think Thrawn would be easy to get around him with a simple fracture. I usually do that anyways when facing that duo in arena currently.
  • Sothe
    179 posts Member
    Stormtrooper Han, Han Solo, Hoth Han.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Sticking with one faction?

I like your 3 man squad OP, but between Chaze, and R2 you don't have a leader. For Rebels I'd rather go Wedge lead, Chaze. As for the others...

Thrawn lead, Shoretrooper, Death Trooper. (On my arena team currently.)

Anakin lead, Kenobi, Zarris or zQGJ lead, Kenobi, Zarris.

Nihilus lead, SA, ST or Zaul lead, SA, Zavage.

Zinn lead, Poe, RT.