Recent change to Galactic War - open conversation

Replies

• 90% of people complain GW is too hard....

10% of people complain GW is too easy....

Why not make a hard version (better/more prizes) and and easier version (lower quality/less prizes).
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    EnderU wrote: »
    90% of people complain GW is too hard....

Why not make a hard version (better/more prizes) and and easier version (lower quality/less prizes).

Interesting thought
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • EnderU wrote: »

Correction. 90% of people don't complain and just get on with it.

If you are going to shoot, shoot, don't talk - Tuco Ramirez
  • Jaybayblay
    233 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    If you read through 36 pages monkeyman, there's mostly complaints which account for 90% of the people here because it's stupid that they make it impossible for people who rank high in arena and aren't max lvl 70 with B C teams that aren't as geared to take on 5 gear 8-9 you ****, nobody gives a **** about your one-man opinion and the fact that you are either a pleb **** rank in arena or you've been playing this game forever because no reason why you'd win so much, strategy doesn't work when you have ABC squad going against 10+ nodes of max star max gear LOL you haven't said anything constructive for the past few posts, you're mostly a nuisance with your small **** comments plebs stay pleb
  • AI is FAR too smart in GW. Half the time they focus on healers.
  • WHAT THE **** I just had a boba fett come back FIVE TIMES IN A ROW!
  • Jaybayblay wrote: »
    If you read through 36 pages monkeyman, there's mostly complaints which account for 90% of the people here because it's stupid that they make it impossible for people who rank high in arena and aren't max lvl 70 with B C teams that aren't as geared to take on 5 gear 8-9 you ****, nobody gives a **** about your one-man opinion and the fact that you are either a pleb **** rank in arena or you've been playing this game forever because no reason why you'd win so much, strategy doesn't work when you have ABC squad going against 10+ nodes of max star max gear LOL you haven't said anything constructive for the past few posts, you're mostly a nuisance with your small **** comments plebs stay pleb
    Finish 3-7 in arena most days, but thanks for asking. The way you type speaks volumes for your intellect, no wonder you can't finish GW.

• I'm gonna be short and honest this was the best game I ever downloaded and I love it a lot but this new update I'm just very disappointed in a lot of the changes and I think some need to be fixed or like the others I'm gonna loose interest and it sux cuz I don't want to but it's not as good as it was
  • Monkeyman wrote: »
    EnderU wrote: »

Correction. 90% of people don't complain and just get on with it.

And some people are just lucky they are on much easier shards than others....

• you can get paired up against players who are a "significant" number of levels above you. (Quoted because it's a subjective assessment.)

I've paid money into the game so definitely not Free to Play here. I have a really nice comp (my top tier) of lvl 49. 1 of them is 5 star, 2 are 4 star, the other 2 are 3 star. They all have gear in tier 5 (non purple) and one has gear IV. Just yesterday I was pitted against a team that had 1 seven star lvl 61 in purple, 2 6 star lvl 60s in purple, and 2 6 star lvl 59s in blue. Suffice it to say that no matter what strategy I tried the absolute best I could do was to barely knock out the weakest character. I tried it probably 30 different ways with different leaders, different approach, different order, etc. It does not help that they were 12 ... TWELVE levels higher than my highest lvl char.

Overall I have probably beaten GW less than 1/3 of all my attempts (and I think almost all of them were before I started buying crystals), with most of them being stuck around battle 7 when I get these ridiculous matchups. If I get "lucky" and somehow manage to finish off an overpowered team I am immediately greeted on the next battle by a similarly overpowered team. I am obviously not the only one experiencing this.

I don't mind a challenge. But mathematical improbability is just not fun for anyone. I have sworn I will not spend another cent on this game until this is fixed.

Don't make us wait too long, because as much as I like the game, my frustration can only last so long, and there's a whole lot of games on mobile I could be spending money on that won't frustrate the hell out of me.
  • Jaybayblay
    233 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Monkeyman wrote: »
    Jaybayblay wrote: »
    Finish 3-7 in arena most days, but thanks for asking. The way you type speaks volumes for your intellect, no wonder you can't finish GW.

lol pleb plz rank 3-7 screenshots, ur probably p2w or played since it started and have enough characters to run through GW, again with your short comments too dumb to respond I guess, sorry but no strategy is involved going against multiple level 70 gear 8 comps all 6-7 stars **** kid just lurk trolling grats
    Post edited by Jaybayblay on
  • Tying to work out where the above comment was edited so that the poster thought it had a high enough level of English
    {RotE}
  • 12 Fights against fresh teams around your level mayby a little better to compencate for AI =fun. fights against fresh teams 10 levels higher than your best team and with all 7 stars purple gear= dumb way to make it harder. This game need better counter system so if you focus on a healing team you will get thrashed against anti healers, dps team should get thrashed by anti dps and so on. That would force players to use tactics and multible charaters insted of just A team. This way power level of the five best could be used to determine the pool of opponts you go up against and what you meet determine what you need to bring.
    Maybe use type more agressivly. So there is really hard hitting anti jedi. When you meet that you know dont bring jedi and so on.

And please make a roster system so we can set up the defence team that other peole meet.
  • Monkeyman
    143 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    LaLiam wrote: »
    Tying to work out where the above comment was edited so that the poster thought it had a high enough level of English
    :D

• Level 53 now. Same team...highest character is 5 stars most are 4. None are purple gear.

3rd node today. Opponent. Level 63. All characters purple gear. Most are 6 stars and level 63.

**** you, EA. I'm done until changes are made.
  • Monkeyman wrote: »
    LaLiam wrote: »
    Tying to work out where the above comment was edited so that the poster thought it had a high enough level of English
    :D

trash have nothing to say, autism is too strong for you :'(
  • EnderU wrote: »

Maybe have different Tiers like the challenges.
  • So...GW will benefit people that level their roster equally.

Arena (which is where huge crystal payback is located) rewards people daily who maximize one team.

Do you seriously not see the problem here?
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    At lvl 56 with 4-5* characters, it'd be nice not to face lvl 70 7* teams. That's some silly variance on allowed opponents.

I have a fully leveled B team and even a decentish C team but there's no getting through an enemy team that much farther ahead progression wise. My max squad power rating is 17000, I'm facing squads with 25k+.
  • medetec wrote: »
    At lvl 56 with 4-5* characters, it'd be nice not to face lvl 70 7* teams. That's some silly variance on allowed opponents.

I have a fully leveled B team and even a decentish C team but there's no getting through an enemy team that much farther ahead progression wise. My max squad power rating is 17000, I'm facing squads with 25k+.

I really feel for you and other players in your situation. I'm lv70 with probably 8-9 fully levelled purple toons (mix of 5*-7*) and recently I've been running into full lv70 teams from node 3 up to the finish on most occasions. I can often get through and then really start to struggle on the last 3 because inevitably you're going to lose one or have a toon finish with lower health. I'll use a C team of high 50s to try and take out a character and they often get blown away fairly sharpish.

Okay we have retreat but I find now that GW takes sooooo long. Without retreat this would genuinely be impossible to complete in one go. I only found about about that tactic from these forums and before I started to use it is never completed GW.

100% needs to be a better way of assigning GW opponents because I can only really use a small percentage of my characters anymore
  • So I'm cool with the changes, but do you know what would've been a cooler change? Adding a Jedi Character to be redeemed with your galactic war currency. Especially since you updated the game and added a challenge to get Yoda. to get a 7* Jedi team of 5 will be really difficult since there's 3 Jedi's available in cantina which isn't easy to get currency up to 400 it's not like squad or Galatic war, it actually takes a while. And you have 3 Jedi characters in there and every other redeeming option has 1 Jedi. Just something to think about since Galatic war has room for like 2 more characters to be added in to have as much stuff to sell as squad and cantina.
  • I am level 49, soon to be 50, and I am facing teams that are level 60+ and 6+ stars. I have only been playing for a few weeks and I can't possibly beat these teams. I'm all for a challenge and think GW is a good idea due to its rewards, but come on! Give us new guys a chance. Now you've made it so darn hard to get shards and droids that I can't gear and level up. If you want to weed out the F2P then just simply tell us so we can stop wasting time.
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member

I'm 13th in arena use max characters 7* its difficult for everyone Where you rank has nothing to do with it they put you up against ppl's team that are your rank. if you scroll through ranks in arena youlll find the team youre vs in galactic.. I come close to beating it often usually within one. Yet i've beaten it 4 times. I enjoy the challenge!
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Monkeyman wrote: »

lol pleb plz rank 3-7 screenshots, ur probably p2w or played since it started and have enough characters to run through GW, again with your short comments too dumb to respond I guess, sorry but no strategy is involved going against multiple level 70 gear 8 comps all 6-7 stars **** kid just lurk trolling grats

If he's rank 3-7 in arena thats the accomplishment not beating galactic wars!! Regardless if he pays he has to do know what hes doing its a skilled game. To people having a difficult time with galactic wars time your heals better!
  • I'm a level 67 player, and I could not beat GW from level 40-50 until I got Daka. I was able to complete it everyday until just the other day when I hit 65. My arena rank/team power has remained consistent, but it's clear the difficulty jumped ten fold at that point. I used to get a semi hard opponent at node 8/10, but now I'm seeing fully starred/geared 70 players at node 6.
  • The discussion about poe was closed, im sorry for all you guys that spent time farmin him as well as money
  • Armando wrote: »
    The discussion about poe was closed, im sorry for all you guys that spent time farmin him as well as money
    I try and not farm anyone who can be gotten in the gw, cantina or arena stores. It just doesn't make sense as you will eventually get all of these characters in time by buying the store shards.
  • Since I have been critical in this thread I must also give credit where it is due. I'm not sure if something has been adjusted but the last few days have been more reasonable. A nice balance. Still very difficult. Still have to use my full supply of chars. Toons still die. I still have to retreat a lot and try new things. However... It is winnable now if I take my time. I can't just plow through it with my main squad. I have to think, use my chars unique abilities and leadership abilities depending on the matchup.

I still haven't finished every time but looking back realize that I probably could have if I did something different instead of becoming impatient.

Like I said... Maybe I have just gotten lucky and it's going to go back to hitting impossible squads. But if something has been adjusted then good job Devs! I think you are getting closer to what you intended. A challenging sequence of battles that requires patience, an array of character abilities, and a little bit of luck.

• I'm gonna be short and honest this was the best game I ever downloaded and I love it a lot but this new update I'm just very disappointed in a lot of the changes and I think some need to be fixed or like the others I'm gonna loose interest and it sux cuz I don't want to but it's not as good as it was

Exactly this
  • Verodio wrote: »
    Level 53 now. Same team...highest character is 5 stars most are 4. None are purple gear.

3rd node today. Opponent. Level 63. All characters purple gear. Most are 6 stars and level 63.

**** you, EA. I'm done until changes are made.

I'm pretty much going to have to agree with you on this. I just use energy to farm equipment and shards, but seeing as how my favorite part of the game is doable one-in-ten tries I play for a few green crystals then quit til the next day. I used to play a lot more but I'd rather quit before I her **** and rage quit.
This discussion has been closed.