So what do 7 stars actually do?

I just finished farming Chirrut in fleet shipment and he's now 7 stars, so, you know ... yay? I noticed his protection went up by about 1k, but nothing else much seemed to happen. Is there something super exciting about being 7 stars, beyond being able to take Magic Stick Man into raids? I've heard damage will increase - are we talking a 2% increase in damage between 6 and 7 stars, or something substantial like 10 or 20%?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Replies

• Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    After the update star rating as a massive effect to power rating however i believe the main thing is to make them raid capable if you heroic raiding
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    If you got a protection increase, you changed mods or increased gear level.

Increasing star level increases the multiplier used to increase base stats per level.
  • Star level is like raising a few normal levels. The big advantage is that star level is the gateway to different events. It's really not much of a contributor to the effectiveness of your toons. It helps, but gear is more of an influence.
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    It increases your base stats, which are AGI STR and TAC. How much will depend on the character, and usually the damage increase is closer to the 2% rather than 10%. Generally speaking, if you want to use someone labeled as an Attacker in arena, you need more stars.

Aside from that it benefits only ships and raids.
  • PiffGuru
    773 posts Member
    crzydroid wrote: »

Increasing star level increases the multiplier used to increase base stats per level.

Exactly, pay attention when you star up a character, all that is changed is the multiplier that effects that characters primary stats(strength, agility,tactics). These stats will increase your physical damage, health armor physical critical rating special damage and resistance, but the real noticeable difference in characters damage is usually from gear and mods.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    PiffGuru wrote: »

Exactly, pay attention when you star up a character, all that is changed is the multiplier that effects that characters primary stats(strength, agility,tactics). These stats will increase your physical damage, health armor physical critical rating special damage and resistance, but the real noticeable difference in characters damage is usually from gear and mods.

I have actually noticed that base stats from star level have a significant effect on damage output. Not drastically more than mods/gear, but enough to matter.

A tank or utility character is often fine at 4-5 stars if they are beefy, but attackers really need to be 6-7 start to do big damage. Sith Assassin was widely used at 4 stars in my arena just to speed boost Sith teams. By herself she was an annoyance at best, but made the other Sith better with her kit. Now that some have her at 7* I've seen her instakill full health toons. The extra base stats made a huge difference for her.

• PiffGuru
    773 posts Member
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    PiffGuru wrote: »

I have actually noticed that base stats from star level have a significant effect on damage output. Not drastically more than mods/gear, but enough to matter.

A tank or utility character is often fine at 4-5 stars if they are beefy, but attackers really need to be 6-7 start to do big damage. Sith Assassin was widely used at 4 stars in my arena just to speed boost Sith teams. By herself she was an annoyance at best, but made the other Sith better with her kit. Now that some have her at 7* I've seen her instakill full health toons. The extra base stats made a huge difference for her.

Your correct, base stats effect attackers more so than tanks but still if your looking for an increase in damage, star level is the least valuable thing compared to gear and mods but still necessary.