The Force Awaken Final Countdown

Fudgement
60 posts Member
edited December 2015
So the movie is coming out in about 13 hours. The premier was done yesterday and lots of great artist has seen and given their positive reviews without spoilers. I'm extremely excited.

I hope CG drop the patch together with the release of the first showing. I will be looking forward to Kylo Ren in my team (Or at least Bespin Luke, this has been anticipated for a long.. long time).

So is everyone going to the first showing? Are you going to geek out and cosplay to the cinema? What's your thought about it.

Replies

• I live in Asia and it's coming out in a few hours.

No spoilers from me, but I'll be giddy before and after the showing.

• Tomorrow for us Aussies! :#
  • I'll be staying off the forums then I guess. We don't get it until the day after tomorrow.
  • I'll be staying off the forums then I guess. We don't get it until the day after tomorrow.

you may need to stay off all social medias. many star wars forums generally have the respect to not throw spoilers around.
  • It's hard to believe you guys are getting it before u.s. theatres.

...and trust me. I do not intend to click my facebook,twitter or even instagram apps until I watch it.
  • I quickly read the post title and didn't notice the word "countdown"... I thought you were spoilering the end of the movie...
  • It's hard to believe you guys are getting it before u.s. theatres.

...and trust me. I do not intend to click my facebook,twitter or even instagram apps until I watch it.

Same here. I was reading 9gag and someone posted TFA spoilers headline. My heart jumped when I saw it, but it was actually a troll. I'm locking myself out too.
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    They did a swab and it turns out Amidala had a thing for Obiwan.
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot
  • The first showing here is at midnight in about four hours from now... Although I'm keen I'm not that keen. so seeing the first show in the daylight morning :p 15 hours from now. so until then I'm staying off the internet... Sad to say I don't trust people with spoilers online :'(
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • Counting down, got the 2nd showing time of 7:30pm here in the US!
    Ally Code 299-731-212
  • Seeing it tomorrow at 10:15 ultimately excited based on all the reviews
  • I think it will be a good movie. I wouldn't put much trust in reviews from celebrities or official channels. I always wait and see what the general consensus on any product is. This way you have a better chance of getting true, unbiased opinions.

I'm not concerned with spoilers. I'm in no rush to see the movie and would actually welcome all the details of the story. It's exciting to have a new movie yes. However, many elements are a recycling of the original 1977 movie.
  • Just finished reading the movie plot online. I won't talk about it publicly. If you're interested, PM me and I'll send you the link.
  • 15 hours and counting. Got myself a special movie ticket with food , beer , special chair etc. I know I wont regret this based on very positive reviews.
  • 24 hours to go here!
    SWGoHCantina.com - Database of everything SWGoH. Fear the Boot |FTB| - One of the 1st Elite Alliances.
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    Just booked my ticket to watch in 3 hrs.

It will finish just after 6pm so I'll probably miss sniping #1 today lol.

Will post plenty of spoilers when I'm done.
  • @Keaven , spoilers are all over the internet right now. I've got the entire story but, I'd buy the book. You can't get into the mind of a character in the same way watching a movie.
  • Keaven wrote: »
    Will post plenty of spoilers when I'm done.

The bootleg is already out

And sadly, spoilers are readily available.

• Skye
    795 posts Member
    Seen it... just got back... I personally enjoyed it.. but I can see some people panning it over a certain aspect of the film... it'll become obvious the moment you see it...

Some people may not like the ending... especially people who want an element of closure over the film story.

No end of the credit scenes for those that care.
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • Skye wrote: »
    No end of the credit scenes for those that care.
    This is the spoiler I would have liked to know.

Definitely too short lol

Enjoyed the movie.

I personally think the ending gave a good conclusion to episode VII plot as well as a great intro to episode VIII. Of course I wish I could have watched the next episode straight after lol.

It's not like a lot of two part or trilogy movies lately that feel like they just chopped something bigger in half.