Nerf Rex already

Rex should NOT grant TM to dark side toons. End of story.

I get it. You guys are tired of people calling for nerfs.

I will open by saying that I can be any Rex squad on my arena shard. That's not the issue.

The issue is that a squad that requires zero synergy whatsoever is more difficult to beat than any Zader team, any DN lead team, or any any zQGJ team on my shard.

I run full Empire and love it.

It has taken months of farming and grinding to get my squad to the way it is.

People who run Rex just need to gear Thrawn and throw him in with GK, R2, and of course DN.

If DN wasn't it in this squad it would fall flat on its face.

Yet another variation of hide the Nihilus -- while also giving him TM on crits.

One small change to Rex lead and he would disappear from arena. He has been viable since he was behind a paywall. It is time.

Search your feelings, you know it to be true!

Replies

• Or make his leader only available towards clone allies
  • Buff Rex please he doesn't have enough health and dies quickly
  • STRIKEBOMB
    1232 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Or make his leader only available towards clone allies

It should honestly only affect Jedi and Clones, definitely not dark side ANYTHING. Or Clones get the full amount and Jedi get half that amount.
  • @CG_NotReallyAJedi

This thread will die here in its appropriate category.

I see no reason why this change should not be made.

From a developers perspective, are there any reasons why this change should NOT be made?

Thank you @STRIKEBOMB , @Sebulbadasgreat , and @DeathStarRayGun for responding :)
  • STRIKEBOMB
    1232 posts Member
    From a developers perspective, are there any reasons why this change should NOT be made?

I doubt it, Rex is such an old character
  • He'll get nerfed in the Clone faction pass that'll eventually happen, but they hope you won't notice his change with the addition of Gree, Bly, and Wolfe.

I run Clones, and have no problem with a nerf to him, if they make the rest of the Clones better (Give Echo a Zeta please).
  • Toons should not be nerfed just because they are "old". old is relative to each person. I personally just g11 my Rex this week. So it's not fair to have a player base benefit from a strong toon for many months then when the others finally get him he is nerfed for being old. What about guys who started 3 months ago and Rex is one of their only toons the started to farm, he isn't old to them.

Nerfing toons after a time causes distrust in longterm abilities which leads to less players investing. For example you start playing, spend $100 on a toon get him maxed start winning then he is nerfed. Are u gonna spend another $100 on another toon or find a new game where your investment isn't devalued?

Plus odds are OP can't beat the Rex team because OP toons and mods are not as good as his opponents, Rex is a scapegoat, a reason OP can justify his loss so it's no fault of his own.

Get max gears, get Chaze, get r2, get dn, get superior mods, then when your using thrawn, r2, gk, Chaze and u can't beat a empire Rex lead come back and complain about Rex being too strong.

Nerfing Rex doesn't solve anything, if you want to fix things farm mods and better toons don't ask for nerfs.
  • Gaidal_Cain
    1640 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Toons should not be nerfed just because they are "old". old is relative to each person. I personally just g11 my Rex this week. So it's not fair to have a player base benefit from a strong toon for many months then when the others finally get him he is nerfed for being old. What about guys who started 3 months ago and Rex is one of their only toons the started to farm, he isn't old to them.

Nerfing toons after a time causes distrust in longterm abilities which leads to less players investing. For example you start playing, spend $100 on a toon get him maxed start winning then he is nerfed. Are u gonna spend another $100 on another toon or find a new game where your investment isn't devalued?

Plus odds are OP can't beat the Rex team because OP toons and mods are not as good as his opponents, Rex is a scapegoat, a reason OP can justify his loss so it's no fault of his own.

Get max gears, get Chaze, get r2, get dn, get superior mods, then when your using thrawn, r2, gk, Chaze and u can't beat a empire Rex lead come back and complain about Rex being too strong.

Nerfing Rex doesn't solve anything, if you want to fix things farm mods and better toons don't ask for nerfs.

You can ask my shard mates if I have a hard time with beating Rex Lead. I don't but that isn't the issue as far as I am concerned.

@Sacull_Kinslayer
    @BingBang
    @ShrinkMe
    @Keyper
    @TronTheKhan
    @spetzle

Rex is a great toon and I have him 7* G11 myself.

I haven't used him in arena for a long time.

Every single toon with a sandbox leader ability has come into and then fallen out of meta at some point (Old Ben, Sidious, Dooku, Luminara, Boba, etc.). The one exception being Rex.

His lead was finally starting to fall (slightly) but now that people are starting to gear Thrawn, his lead is bouncing right back up to the top as people are just throwing him into their Rex squad.

Having the same leader with an odd toon switched in and out ever month or so is both boring and repetitive.

Maybe not for you, but it is for me. I would like to see something that would encourage people to use something OTHER than Rex.
  • Plus odds are OP can't beat the Rex team because OP toons and mods are not as good as his opponents, Rex is a scapegoat, a reason OP can justify his loss so it's no fault of his own.

@DeathStarRayGun, you made some valid points initially, but there was no need to make disparaging comments about @Gaidal_Cain and his roster. Especially since your assertions are baseless (unless you're in our shard) and just wrong. Gaidal's squad has one of the best set of mods (in terms of speed bonuses) on our shard. His Thrawn has +111 speed, his Tarkin has +96 speed, his Death Trooper has +96, and his Krennic has +89 speed. Maybe not "whale" mods, but certainly very good ones.

Shrink Me
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Noooooooooo (In Vader's voice)
    I finally succumbed to the Light side and started gearing Rex. Please nerf before I reach G11, or don't nerf. :D
    But on a more serious note, it's not Rex leadership that's the problem in my opinion. It's Tenacity Up that's more unbalanced. At any rate, this is a waste of time and effort, they pretty much rather Power creep than nerf old toons.