Strange behavior in Ewok Assault Battles

I've noticed a strange effect in the assault battles. Several times an Elder has been stunned but when his turn meter fills up all the way the stun immediately disappears and he gets to take a turn. At first I thought maybe the stun was getting dispelled by another Elder, but I've confirmed that it happened many times when there was only the one Elder on the battlefield. It's not really that big a deal to me because I 3 starred all the tiers anyway, but I would like to understand what is going on. Has anyone else experienced this or is there someone who can offer an explanation?

Replies

• Stun confuses me. I see all kinds of weird stuff that indicates stun isn't working as advertised. I can't even count how many times I've hit a toon (and not Biggs or someone who gains TM on damage) who had less than full TM who was stunned and IMMEDIATELY freed from it. And they didn't move, or anything, but kept their normal turn. They didn't miss a turn, but didn't go early or anything to indicate the stun or damage gave them TM or something. Just weird.
  • Shaheen
    88 posts Member
    Stun confuses me. I see all kinds of weird stuff that indicates stun isn't working as advertised. I can't even count how many times I've hit a toon (and not Biggs or someone who gains TM on damage) who had less than full TM who was stunned and IMMEDIATELY freed from it. And they didn't move, or anything, but kept their normal turn. They didn't miss a turn, but didn't go early or anything to indicate the stun or damage gave them TM or something. Just weird.

Barris? She removes debuffs on lowest health character after the end of her turn
  • EmeraldZx
    176 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    No that's just Ewok elders being speed demons like Yoda in places of power. However Deathmark doesn't work properly in regards to CAN'T BE REVIVED. I killed Chirpa with Deathmark and then went on to kill elder but Chirpa revived and caused a lot of havoc on my team. I 1 starred that time.
  • Ailouran
    113 posts Member
    Stun confuses me. I see all kinds of weird stuff that indicates stun isn't working as advertised. I can't even count how many times I've hit a toon (and not Biggs or someone who gains TM on damage) who had less than full TM who was stunned and IMMEDIATELY freed from it. And they didn't move, or anything, but kept their normal turn. They didn't miss a turn, but didn't go early or anything to indicate the stun or damage gave them TM or something. Just weird.

I've noticed this in arena. Very annoying when I've stunned a cleanser only to have stun disappear and they proceed to cleanse the entire team.
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    I think they just have insane speed. Watch your turn meter and see if it is all close to 0% when this happens?
  • Allenb60 wrote: »
    I think they just have insane speed. Watch your turn meter and see if it is all close to 0% when this happens?

It's not. I've had toon with more than 50% turn meter and over 200 speed who still don't get a turn before an Ewok Elder inexplicably sheds the stun and attacks. I find it hard to believe that the Elders are THAT fast.
  • RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member
    Yes it's very weird.. i notice something weird in the event also. After i killed ewok elder, that ewok scout and co revived.

But.. HOW!?? :neutral::scream::scream:

Nb : to make sure i'm not hallucinate, i retreat and repeat over n over again use 1x speed play instead of 4x. Yes it happens again. :flushed:
  • gunff
    287 posts Member
    RacerDejak wrote: »
    Yes it's very weird.. i notice something weird in the event also. After i killed ewok elder, that ewok scout and co revived.

Nb : to make sure i'm not hallucinate, i retreat and repeat over n over again use 1x speed play instead of 4x. Yes it happens again. :flushed:

This is not a bug and this is actually designed by @CG_CapGaSP . In the middle and bonus tiers, when you kill elder on encounter 8 ALL other enemies revive. It's part of the difficulty of the event.
  • Morpheus
    279 posts Member

That's a feature.

Working as devs intended to make the event harder, since it's probably harder to code a more difficult challenge the normal way. Much easier to just have a bunch of Ewoks revive and ambush you.

But that's normal behaviour for T2 and Bonus.
  • RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member
    Oh i see.. it's WAI. I think there should be no revive after ewok elder gone. :flushed:

Thanks a lot guys!! My confusion answered! :smiley:
  • Frustrating event for me. The base speed of the elders in phase 4 is incomprehensible to me. And they don't seem to have cool downs. It's all well and good, it's a very challenging event. I feel that the requirements should be rewritten as level 75 and gear 8 is nowhere near adequate to complete this mission IMHO. I would love to see the squad that could do it and what their mods would need to look like.
  • gunff
    287 posts Member
    Funny, a lot of people in my guild were having trouble with this as well until I pointed out that even though empire is allowed, the key to this event is using Droids.

HK lead, IG-88, IG-86, R2, Tie Fighter Pilot.

I can auto all 4 tiers easily.
  • gunff wrote: »
    Funny, a lot of people in my guild were having trouble with this as well until I pointed out that even though empire is allowed, the key to this event is using Droids.

HK lead, IG-88, IG-86, R2, Tie Fighter Pilot.

I can auto all 4 tiers easily.

4 tiers? Am I missing something?
  • AnnerDoon
    1353 posts Member
    I didn't realize that TIE Fighter Pilot was a droid...
  • AnnerDoon wrote: »

Lol
  • AnnerDoon wrote: »

Lol

There is a CPU underneath his helmet
  • Discovered if you kill the elder first he wont bonus revive that many if any. Waiting till hes last almost guarentees a full wave and you may have less toons left
    Its an option
    "and i will show you ... where the iron crosses grow..."
  • Vertigo
    4496 posts Member
    Discovered if you kill the elder first he wont bonus revive that many if any. Waiting till hes last almost guarentees a full wave and you may have less toons left
    Its an option

If he's the first to die, no one else is dead to revive! Wowza!
  • Allenb60 wrote: »

It's not. I've had toon with more than 50% turn meter and over 200 speed who still don't get a turn before an Ewok Elder inexplicably sheds the stun and attacks. I find it hard to believe that the Elders are THAT fast.

For me it happened with 2 round stun, that the stun disappeared right before his first turn.
    First I thought Chirpa cleansed him somehow, but its impossible, for Chirpa doesnt have any cleanse abilities.
  • TofuMao
    630 posts Member
    EmeraldZx wrote: »
    No that's just Ewok elders being speed demons like Yoda in places of power. However Deathmark doesn't work properly in regards to CAN'T BE REVIVED. I killed Chirpa with Deathmark and then went on to kill elder but Chirpa revived and caused a lot of havoc on my team. I 1 starred that time.

I had the same brilliant idea to kill chirpa before elder, so then everyone revived for my surprise!!!!! Found it amusing ^_^
  • dedstrk
    27 posts Member
    Has anybody else tried a Thrawn lead on this? I can't use some of my toons basic abilities. When I try to use it it launches guild chat. I'm assuming that it's because another icon is added to each toons abilities and it stretches the line out to close to the guild chat icon.
  • Ambassador
    1653 posts Member
    dedstrk wrote: »
    Has anybody else tried a Thrawn lead on this? I can't use some of my toons basic abilities. When I try to use it it launches guild chat. I'm assuming that it's because another icon is added to each toons abilities and it stretches the line out to close to the guild chat icon.
    You have to touch the button for the basic on the top part. There's a narrow band where you hit the button rather than the chat bar.
  • Hskull55
    2263 posts Member
    Vertigo wrote: »
    Discovered if you kill the elder first he wont bonus revive that many if any. Waiting till hes last almost guarentees a full wave and you may have less toons left
    Its an option

If he's the first to die, no one else is dead to revive! Wowza!

No, if you don't kill the other ewoks, your characters will be dead :D
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
  • dedstrk
    27 posts Member
    Ambassador wrote: »
    dedstrk wrote: »
    You have to touch the button for the basic on the top part. There's a narrow band where you hit the button rather than the chat bar.

Oh ok thanks for the info.