What Has Surprised You Most?

Replies

• Maztoras
    153 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    How little new content and qol updates we get considering the massive amount of money this game pulls in.
  • Maztoras wrote: »
    How little new content and qol updates we get considering the massive amount of money this game pulls in.

I totally agree. With this money EA could increase the developer stuff but atm the game is dieing...
  • Blackbeardpepe
    1481 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Thrawn zeta plus shore is killer combo. Had to reset 20 plus times in GW yesterday because of them. (Yes i beat them)
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Sairiki1 wrote: »
    The Thrawn event with the Phönix characters...let's see how great will be the Luke event... and which rare characters we will need.

Ya - as soon as Phoenix became f2p they were all required at 7* to get a viable Thrawn within like 2 weeks.

Very surprising to me for sure, and I am sure the Dev team realized they goofed on that - upset a lot of people.
  • Maztoras wrote: »

^ yep.
  • Sairiki1
    185 posts Member
    Some weeks ago I got a survey which contents questions about the Thrawn event, that surprised me :-) Perhaps the resonance of the event wasn't so good.
  • Roken_Fett
    1293 posts Member
    Jango-Fett-Wallpaper-11.jpg

That Jango Fett is still not in this game. :D
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • Im surprised this game dropped to the 40's in the top grossing apps. Usually around the top 20.
  • Im surprised this game dropped to the 40's in the top grossing apps. Usually around the top 20.
    I'm absolutely not surprised at that. In fact, I expect it to continue to drop unless something changes very soon. The game is getting very boring for me, and the same can be said for most of my guild.
  • How strong Biggs is.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Roken_Fett wrote: »

Hahahahah - so true!
  • Maztoras
    153 posts Member
    Im surprised this game dropped to the 40's in the top grossing apps. Usually around the top 20.

I just checked Playstore and its at number 19 now, I think it used to be at 11
  • surprised about how much AI is rigged. 10+ dodges in a QGJ lead Jedi team and i don't mean Foresights. With that its over 20+ dodges.
  • I finally got 3☆ on ls 9b h with this scrub team & some good rng:
    Wedge g10 (189)
    Biggs g10 (174)
    Leia g10 (259)
    Lando g11 (194)
    R2d2 g7 (253)
    Ackbar g6 (100) ally toon

R2 got hit once in round one, but then i used smoke screen & was able to wipe out the rest of wave 1 without taking any more damage. Ackbar survived through round one also, so i was able to use tactical genius & double down with lando twice to drop p2 pretty easily. I took damage 4 times in phase three but r2 wasnt focused & i was able to smokescreen one more time. Completed it with only losing my borrowed ackbar.
  • Roken_Fett
    1293 posts Member
    Boo wrote: »
    Roken_Fett wrote: »

Hahahahah - so true!

Besides Jedi Luke he has to be the most wanted "movie" character.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • I'm surprised how dead the forums have gotten after all this improved curation of threads. It's like I'm looking at the same thing all day. zzzz
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    Thrawn's leader ability, adding a new ability to allies is pretty cool. Most Mandalorian fighters seem to have a wrist gauntlet, maybe they could get an ability based on that?
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    I'm surprised how dead the forums have gotten after all this improved curation of threads. It's like I'm looking at the same thing all day. zzzz

Where, general discussion?
  • Allenb60 wrote: »
    I'm surprised how dead the forums have gotten after all this improved curation of threads. It's like I'm looking at the same thing all day. zzzz

Yeah - unless there's been a recent exodus of users due to the summer, it's been a lot of same threads holding on the first page. Prob bc a lot of stuff has been migrated to other buckets but it seems like a lot of the same in the general page.
  • LenoraLupin
    420 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    What surprised me, is I just timed out of an arena battle. I've NEVER timed out of an arena battle before. Granted, I probably wouldn't have fought the team had I known that the Barris I saw was a Zarris and so was completely unsuited for my crit-heavy Wiggs+Lando+AA+Boba team to fight. xD
  • Just how bad sabines face is..i can understand if u cant get jyns and krennics face right, but sabines an animated character! I hope they fix her face and add her helmet when they starting giving the clones their helmets. A mandalorian faction would also be nice! :)

[Btw sabezra needs to be a thing in the final season of rebels <3 ]
  • CEG9876
    355 posts Member
    Zavage turning out to be a good char.
  • veejayti
    168 posts Member
    Im surprised at the games lack of attention towards eu characters. I had hope when thrawn dropped but then i found out he had just got a spot on one of the new cartoons. This is a game that canon argument is honestly irrelevant evrery comic like star wars has gone through 1001 rewrites a game like this is a potential great platform to showcase/introduce elements of star wars otherwise slept on.
  • veejayti wrote: »
    Im surprised at the games lack of attention towards eu characters. I had hope when thrawn dropped but then i found out he had just got a spot on one of the new cartoons. This is a game that canon argument is honestly irrelevant evrery comic like star wars has gone through 1001 rewrites a game like this is a potential great platform to showcase/introduce elements of star wars otherwise slept on.

Have you not seen the giant DISNEY every time you open the game?
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • I don't really play video games anymore, but here I am 18+ months later and out about 1k. You got me good CG/EA.

Bonus: What will get me to quit? A bad update to the game that trivializes all the grinding I've done for 18 months (original modgate), my mods become outdated because of rarity 6 & 7, or I max out everything (haha).
  • veejayti wrote: »

Yea my argument is disney doesnt need to destroy everything that was and only push the pure child based projects theyve been working on as relevant to the star wars universe. Sw is a entity not just a disney owned or a george lucas thing. I think they bring discredit to star wars by pretending yesterday never happened. I enjoyed the adventures and exploits of heroes who didnt have the name skywalker like quinlan vos, or villians you can **** near identify with like revan or darth haazen, as this game keeps going it slowly starts to look like a platform for all the child cartoon shows disney has in rotation and star wars is more than whats hot on the air right now.
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    veejayti wrote: »

Yea my argument is disney doesnt need to destroy everything that was and only push the pure child based projects theyve been working on as relevant to the star wars universe. Sw is a entity not just a disney owned or a george lucas thing. I think they bring discredit to star wars by pretending yesterday never happened. I enjoyed the adventures and exploits of heroes who didnt have the name skywalker like quinlan vos, or villians you can **** near identify with like revan or darth haazen, as this game keeps going it slowly starts to look like a platform for all the child cartoon shows disney has in rotation and star wars is more than whats hot on the air right now.

Kind of off topic but Quinlin Vos is cannon although partly legends http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Quinlan_Vos
  • DedrickRogue
    924 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Quinlin Vos is absolutely cannon. He was in 2-3 Clone Wars episodes, and in Dark Disciple(novel) he was arguably the main character.

You're setting yourself up for disappointment. The Devs have stated that they are allowed to pull ONLY from new-cannon sources and previous EA produced games.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Allenb60 wrote: »

Yeah - unless there's been a recent exodus of users due to the summer, it's been a lot of same threads holding on the first page. Prob bc a lot of stuff has been migrated to other buckets but it seems like a lot of the same in the general page.

I've got the same feeling. Most of us are only checking the General Discussion and Squad and Character Strategy. Easier to check one or 2 parts instead of navigating in a bunch of under sections.
  • grammarist.com/spelling/canon-cannon/
    The noun canon can refer to a few things, including (1) a code of laws, (2) an established principle, (3) a group of exemplary literary works, and (4) the works of a writer that are accepted as authentic. Cannon mainly refers to a large weapon that fires heavy projectiles. It has a few senses unrelated to ordnance, but they are rare. Unlike canon, it works as a verb, meaning, chiefly, to bombard with cannon.
    Just leaving this here, gets on my nerves sometimes.
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride