Zader or zThrawn

Which lead would work better? Zader lead or Zeta Thrawn lead with the supporting cast of EP, TFP, Shore.

I am working my way towards zThrawn lead with DT and maybe Tarkin. But neither of those are ready yet. I have those five toons ready now, just trying to figure out what the best lead would be.

Replies

• I would zeta Vader first. His zeta is a big difference on his leader skill, while Thrawn's is "only" to get Protection back, and depends on gaining or losing status effects, and with the team you expose, it'd depend on the opposition.
    On Rancor, Zader, Thrawn, EP, TFP, Shore, should be able to solo it easily.
    I would zeta Thrawn's unique before his leader ability, too. Reducing his TM will prolong the duration of Fracture, which is a nice thing.
  • Ambassador wrote: »
    I would zeta Vader first. His zeta is a big difference on his leader skill, while Thrawn's is "only" to get Protection back, and depends on gaining or losing status effects, and with the team you expose, it'd depend on the opposition.
    On Rancor, Zader, Thrawn, EP, TFP, Shore, should be able to solo it easily.
    I would zeta Thrawn's unique before his leader ability, too. Reducing his TM will prolong the duration of Fracture, which is a nice thing.

I already have a zeta on Vader, and also Thrawn unique. Definitely going to put one on Thrawn as I am going towards a squad with zThrawn, DT, Shore, TFP or Tarkin, and GK or Storm Trooper.

I am missing out on some of the toons in my goal lineup, but have those 5 I mentioned in my previous post geared and ready. So out of those two leaders, who would be best in arena?
  • plindboe
    281 posts Member
    I don't think zVader is a strong arena toon these days. I always target teams led by zVader and I never lose a battle against these teams, even if they have 10k+ more power than my team. Perhaps with the right toons and mods, one can create a great zVader team, but I've yet to meet it.

I don't have much experience with Thrawn, but going by the little experience I have, I'd always try to avoid a Thrawn led team where Thrawn is protected by both shoretrooper and gk.
  • Hskull55
    2263 posts Member
    plindboe wrote: »
    I don't think zVader is a strong arena toon these days. I always target teams led by zVader and I never lose a battle against these teams, even if they have 10k+ more power than my team. Perhaps with the right toons and mods, one can create a great zVader team, but I've yet to meet it.

I don't have much experience with Thrawn, but going by the little experience I have, I'd always try to avoid a Thrawn led team where Thrawn is protected by both shoretrooper and gk.

Tey are easy to beat and they are slow
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
  • plindboe wrote: »

I think I have just been a little biased towards zader because he has been the main component to achieving rank one for the first time. I am the only one in my top 50 that runs zader, but I do see several Thrawn leads. Think I am going to give him a run for a few days and see how it goes.

• Ambassador
    1653 posts Member
    I have already fought against a Thrawn-led team in Arena, and when Thrawn is fast, it may get ugly. His base speed is higher, so for this alone he sure is more interesting in Arena.

Even on defense, a super-fast Thrawn will Fracture a taunting Tank, like Baze, and this will prevent any new taunt on this character.
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Zader, SA, DN, thrawn, gk is pretty strong.
  • Mullato wrote: »

Issue is that I do not have SA or DN, and still have yet to unlock GK. So that is why I asked about the current 5 toons...
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Mullato wrote: »

Issue is that I do not have SA or DN, and still have yet to unlock GK. So that is why I asked about the current 5 toons...

Oh ok, well i wouldnt run zader lead without SA or DN. They will be too slow to start up