Done

So I quit a while back and thought I'd come back but this game hasn't got better it's worse, gw is a joke I couldn't even get past node 9
Now those who say they beat it easily I understand that you have huge rosters or great toons that can beat it without breaking a sweat but this sums up the poor matchmaking system that is in place. I come up against teams that I have no chance in killing 1 player on team.
I have good toons not great but my matchmaking should be adjusted to this, I have no zetas yet and am working hard but come up against Zeta toons at node 6 how is this right or fair. And yes I am moaning as I've invested in a game I can't even play properly as there is hardly any content and I'm now limited to the content I can play or progress due to a incompetent matchmaking system

Replies

• The devs have said that GW is tuned so that most people don't finish. It's supposed to be the hardest part of the game. So you are playing it 'properly'.
  • Start farming resistance and zeta Finns leader, it takes about a month farm them up. It is easily the best team for gw and one of the best for haat
  • Thanks for the advice mokkamann
  • Stick with it Lovey, keep asking for gear in our guild and we'll help as much as possible. I know its a grind but by focusing on one toon/target at a time really does pay off (eventually!). I've spread myself between too many different toons at times and you never seem to get anywhere but recently I've been concentrating on one or two at a time and suddenly you feel like you're progessing.
    I just got my General Kenobi to gear 10 yesterday and he got me through some pretty tough GW match ups today. It does also seem like Resistance are becoming a force to be reckoned with, so not a bad place to start.

Keep at it buddy.

DS.
    Ally Code: 753-789-771
  • Also farm Rex, Baze Malbus and Imwe. Baze Malbus will be a "long project" but such characters are the common, overpowert characters in the arena atm.
  • Ambassador
    1653 posts Member
    Lovey948 wrote: »
    So I quit a while back and thought I'd come back but this game hasn't got better it's worse, gw is a joke I couldn't even get past node 9
    Now those who say they beat it easily I understand that you have huge rosters or great toons that can beat it without breaking a sweat but this sums up the poor matchmaking system that is in place. I come up against teams that I have no chance in killing 1 player on team.
    I have good toons not great but my matchmaking should be adjusted to this, I have no zetas yet and am working hard but come up against Zeta toons at node 6 how is this right or fair. And yes I am moaning as I've invested in a game I can't even play properly as there is hardly any content and I'm now limited to the content I can play or progress due to a incompetent matchmaking system
    If you get zeta teams on node 6, it's a sign your top 5 characters, even if not zetaed, have an aggregate power rating that matches it.
    Beating GW is not about having overly large rosters or great toons (even if that helps), it's about having 3-5 well functionning squads around the same power level, and smartly using the early nodes to accumulate TM without using specials.
    Start by checking your roster to see if you have enough ok characters. Anyone two gear levels (or more) under the gear level of your top 5 is quite useless. If you have less than 15 characters withing one gear level of your highest, your priority is to gear and mod the toons you have.