Monthly Arena Shake

BulYwif
1977 posts Member
Arena shards should be changed on a monthly basis. This will avoid collusion, guild locks and give a new breath each month. Also I'm not top 10, so I don't care yet about collusion.

Replies

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    i don't see this happening for practical reasons alone.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    It's often good to see what happens in the neighbourhood. Practical and technical reasons are opposite things.
  • marauder
    124 posts Member
    The game will lose its whales if this happens. the devs already broke arena by giving to many characters as f2p
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    BulYwif wrote: »
    It's often good to see what happens in the neighbourhood. Practical and technical reasons are opposite things.
    eh?
    marauder wrote: »
    The game will lose its whales if this happens. the devs already broke arena by giving to many characters as f2p

This change will probably benefit whales more than f2p players.
    Not sure if i would consider the game broken just because f2p player can farm the characters they can currently farm.

Save water, drink champagne!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    For this to work, someone needs to come up with a viable solution to many issues:
    • who gets put in first on new shard, or the order in general
    • how do you manage timezone balance?
    • how do you balance game start time? I.e. someone lvl 85, 1st place on a shard 6 months younger then someone else, should probably not be placed together
    • how does this stop collusion? It would take 1 day maybe 2 to find your new shard mates.

As leef pointed out, this would drive out f2p as they wouldn't be able to handle a meta shift and a shard shift. It's already hard enough to keep up, but many rely on knowing who they can and can't beat/attack. In this case I don't mean collusion. I just mean you know who will attack you again and the odds of beating people whom you have played against for a number of months.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    For this to work, someone needs to come up with a viable solution to many issues:
    • who gets put in first on new shard, or the order in general
    • how do you manage timezone balance?
    • how do you balance game start time? I.e. someone lvl 85, 1st place on a shard 6 months younger then someone else, should probably not be placed together
    • how does this stop collusion? It would take 1 day maybe 2 to find your new shard mates.

As leef pointed out, this would drive out f2p as they wouldn't be able to handle a meta shift and a shard shift. It's already hard enough to keep up, but many rely on knowing who they can and can't beat/attack. In this case I don't mean collusion. I just mean you know who will attack you again and the odds of beating people whom you have played against for a number of months.

Right. I can already see those days my shard moving fast. Teams are already changing a lot and top 10 also changes a bit except the 4-5 same guys in there.
    Some small improvments can be made nevertheless, like the amount of refreshes that can be done. A guildmate often complains that one of his shardmate constantly refreshes the whole day to stay in the top 5-10, F2P are here again more or less disadvantaged.