Can we get compensation for 7week subscription

2Next

Replies

• Ser_Phoenix
    142 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    For the record I think everyone should get the same offers, regardless of who or where they are. The 21 days sub is a good deal, so is the 7 day sub tbh. They should pick one and offer it to us all. Or offer both to all, whatever. Sero also made a very good point regarding currency - in Australia our prices are significantly higher than the US, REGARDLESS of the exchange rate. So no, we cannot just choose our currency (to the person who mentioned the option of doing so), since the game only gives me the option of spending in AUD.
    Post edited by Zalenira on
  • Well the truth is it's a standard practice on all freemium games. I've seen it on mobile and facebook games. Offers are targeted to a specific demographic or region. That's just how it is. Basically if you don't like it don't play any games.
  • CptKloss
    110 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Well the truth is it's a standard practice on all freemium games. I've seen it on mobile and facebook games. Offers are targeted to a specific demographic or region. That's just how it is. Basically if you don't like it don't play any games.

but wait! it's not "truth" but rather a blatant lie! No games i play differentiate offers based on "demographic".... some will make different offers in different countries, if they charge in local currencies, but it's all proportional. No **** EA tried to pull here with this marketing probe. Thankfully they came to their senses, seems like....
  • CptKloss wrote: »
    Well the truth is it's a standard practice on all freemium games. I've seen it on mobile and facebook games. Offers are targeted to a specific demographic or region. That's just how it is. Basically if you don't like it don't play any games.

but wait! it's not "truth" but rather a blatant lie! No games i play differentiate offers based on "demographic".... some will make different offers in different countries, if they charge in local currencies, but it's all proportional. No **** EA tried to pull here with this marketing probe. Thankfully they came to their senses, seems like....

How do you really know they don't. There are lots of ways to manipulate how much you spend. Some might get more shards from pulls some might get fewer shards but more characters all based on where you live and what you have played/spent in past.
  • CptKloss wrote: »

How do you really know they don't. There are lots of ways to manipulate how much you spend. Some might get more shards from pulls some might get fewer shards but more characters all based on where you live and what you have played/spent in past.

It can be a common practice or not but I don't think that saying this is wrong is a sin
  • Nobody is discriminating based on anything but luck. The availability of the subscription packs is per-account and 100% random. Several players have verified this by creating multiple guest accounts on the same device (create account, check for availability of subscription pack, delete app data and try again) until they finally got an account with access to one of the packs.
  • ☑ Galadan, I agree with you on that.
  • Here is the link explaining everything to do with the EA sub packages.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/721/daily-crystal-booster-pack-problems#latest

There's nothing useful there rather than a vague response from jesse that didn't even happen
  • Looks like they chose the 7 day over the 21 day as a global offer. Figures...
  • The 7 day offer suddenly appear after update. I didn't get any subscription pack earlier. Is it standard across now?
  • It's 7 day but much more crystals
    Is it more expensive though, I can't see yet cuz it has cooldown for me
  • Strange, I got the 21 shipment today.

But yeah, compensation for what exactly? Did they nerf your crystals? Did you not receive them? You bought crystals to be shipped over a period of time, how does that equate to needing compensation?
  • Terrorize89
    434 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    This sadly also isn't new to capital games. They charged accounts at random premium currencies in Dragon Age and also the cost of refills varied across accounts. Like some people paid 3 gems for a refill, others paid 15. Some people got triple the premium currency at half the cost of others, based completely on rng when the account is created.