Familiar faces rejoin our hero as the journey continues…

Replies

• USAmazing
    1157 posts Member
    Jamesm wrote: »
    USAmazing wrote: »
    Omeah wrote: »
    Luke was granted the rank of Commander after Yavin 4. If they go logically from farmer boy to the next step, it should be the yellow jacketed version of Luke from the comics. That's not too much of a time-jump, and he already exclusively uses his lightsaber. Hoth Luke would be too much of a jump from Tatooine farmerboy Luke.

I hope you're right. I want Luke more than most players but hoth Luke doesn't appeal to me at all.
    How many Lukes do you want lol, personally i think theyre going to stick to the movies.

Ideally I hope they do stick to the movies. Meaning Bespin Luke and Jedi Luke - but yellow jacket Luke would be better than hoth Luke for sure

Hoth Luke (commander) in orange flight suit
    Bespin Luke in tan outfit
    Jedi Luke in black outfit

These would be cool in my opinion.

I think youre right but commander luke will be wearing snow gear. Well see tho.

Yeah it is most likely that he will be in taun-taun riding snowgear... but on Hoth he was also in his snowspeeder with orange flight suit so I hope he will be that version.
    "You don't want to sell me death sticks... You want to go home and rethink your life. "
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • Really hope we don't need Old Ben cause I definitely don't have him and I don't wanna farm him just to find out we didn't need him lol
  • Rogee
    178 posts Member
    Luke was granted the rank of Commander after Yavin 4. If they go logically from farmer boy to the next step, it should be the yellow jacketed version of Luke from the comics. That's not too much of a time-jump, and he already exclusively uses his lightsaber. Hoth Luke would be too much of a jump from Tatooine farmerboy Luke.

I hope you're right. I want Luke more than most players but hoth Luke doesn't appeal to me at all.
    How many Lukes do you want lol, personally i think theyre going to stick to the movies.

Ideally I hope they do stick to the movies. Meaning Bespin Luke and Jedi Luke - but yellow jacket Luke would be better than hoth Luke for sure

Yeah it is most likely that he will be in taun-taun riding snowgear... but on Hoth he was also in his snowspeeder with orange flight suit so I hope he will be that version.

In an Orange Flight Suit, and his own X-Wing! So Biggs, Wedge, and Luke can fly together again!
  • USAmazing wrote: »

I think similar. With a blaster for HL do we get a light saber Luke for Bespin? A blue one?
    Black outfit green saber?
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    hamill-stormtrooper.jpg
  • Force ghost kenobi
    Hermit Yoda
    Wampa
  • You need a Team of 7* G11 level 85 Explosive crates from the phoenix event, If they all explode in a battle then you instantly get a offer to get Jedi luke in packs of 5 shards for $9.99 each
  • I want this version
    85abdf3d446cc9fbc2613906aa89f43e.jpg
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    If they would just tell us now and give everyone time w/out having to climb a massive last minute paywall that would be really appreciated..might even shell out cash to gear him quickly.
    If you ignore the several hints offered, then you'll have nobody to blame but yourself. They've been talking about Luke's journey since May. The only people who will likely be facing that "massive last minute paywall" are the people who want to have their hand held and are waiting for confirmation before starting to prepare.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • DT_Jango
    125 posts Member
    You guys forget. The devs specifically said that territory battles would take place over HOTH. What better way to kick that off than to release a few HOTH characters... Hoth Han, Leia, luke. The real question is... will luke have Anakin's lightsaber??
  • Pyrefly wrote: »
    If they would just tell us now and give everyone time w/out having to climb a massive last minute paywall that would be really appreciated..might even shell out cash to gear him quickly.
    If you ignore the several hints offered, then you'll have nobody to blame but yourself. They've been talking about Luke's journey since May. The only people who will likely be facing that "massive last minute paywall" are the people who want to have their hand held and are waiting for confirmation before starting to prepare.

Yup yup. They've give a longer time for people to farm the toons needed for Luke then any other character launch.
  • If we get Hoth Luke and Hoth Han, Han should have a move where he stuffs Luke in a Taunton to revive him.
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    lackhand wrote: »
    If we get Hoth Luke and Hoth Han, Han should have a move where he stuffs Luke in a Taunton to revive him.
    I do, however, think it will be a challenge to fit "I Thought They Smelled Bad on the Outside" in the ability name area.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • It says FAMILIAR faces REJOIN our hero

Not NEW faces JOIN our hero

This is not an allusion to them adding new characters. It's a hint that the next stage of Luke's event will require/have the option to use additional characters like the first one used Luke and Jawas. It's safe to assume these FAMILIAR faces would be the key players of Luke's hero's journey: Obi-wan, Leia, Han (Stormtrooper in this case). I need to get started on the Old Man...
  • TBH, I interpret that message as new characters that have the connection to Luke's journey will be released. Isn't the dev hinted so in recent update? I.e. Hoth Leia, Han solo etc.
  • Osirisreborn
    1017 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Its not that people need their hand held or are afraid to gamble
    Its just a bad risk/huge gamble
    Even players that have only been here 6 months probably think almost anything could happen
    If old Ben is needed fine if not hes not the most useful character, do i really need a 12th jedi that i have to farm from scratch?
    And after i do that will this new Luke be leading my arena team?
    Will it be hoth rebel soldier part 2?
    Will it be Bespin Luke awesome jedi ?
    Are more lukes coming?
    What if this IS the final Luke
    People just dont know...
    Im usually sceptical about the game but they could be releasing all kinds of teaser trailers, they dont even have to say much and they could have everyone excited
    The infrequent text responces are kind of weak sauce, missed oppurtunity from both points of view
    "and i will show you ... where the iron crosses grow..."
  • Its not that people need their hand held or are afraid to gamble
    Its just a bad risk/huge gamble
    Even players that have only been here 6 months probably think almost anything could happen
    If old Ben is needed fine if not hes not the most useful character, do i really need a 12th jedi that i have to farm from scratch?
    And after i do that will this new Luke be leading my arena team?
    Will it be hoth rebel soldier part 2?
    Will it be Bespin Luke awesome jedi ?
    Are more lukes coming?
    What if this IS the final Luke
    People just dont know...
    Im usually sceptical about the game but they could be releasing all kinds of teaser trailers, they dont even have to say much and they could have everyone excited
    The infrequent text responces are kind of weak sauce, missed oppurtunity from both points of view

Jedi Luke has been asked for, for a long long while. Devs also said they want his release to be epic and more than just a legendary event. And here we are. These are our next steps
  • Jamesm
    863 posts Member
    TBH, I interpret that message as new characters that have the connection to Luke's journey will be released. Isn't the dev hinted so in recent update? I.e. Hoth Leia, Han solo etc.

They've already been confirmed as territory battle rewards so i dont think they're referring to them.
  • Smithie
    1427 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Personally I'd prefer the yellow-jacket Luke. Plus if we get Hoth Leia and Hoth Han (those are the characters' in-game names), then why wouldn't they call him Hoth Luke? The character's name is Commander Luke, so I don't believe it will be a Hoth version.

From what I can recall for Empire Strikes Back, Luke was named Commander Skywalker in the movie first.

Also Luke's Hoth Character was called Commander Skywalker

https://youtu.be/PMy8cQrFxj8
  • Aachthor
    137 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    With "Hoth Luke", Hoth Han, Hoth Leia, Hoth Rebel Soldier and Hoth Rebel Scout we have... a new faction!

Hooray.

"Use the Hoth faction to fight the Wampa in an epic battle..."
    ...and of course the Wampa is guided by imperial probe Droids...
  • Pseudot
    102 posts Member
    Familiar Face....

The line of dialog is stated in ANH directed at Biggs.

We know that Commander Luke is the next step in his evolution, and he receives the rank of commander based on his role in the Battle of Yavin.

We also know that territory battle will be kicking off soon, on Hoth.

We also know that the ship battles feature has been maligned and is in need of some sort of boost, also that ships will be used in territory battles.

Connecting A-B-C together says that the next Luke event will involve Biggs, and perhaps Wedge, Old Ben, possibly even R2 or Han.

The setting will be the Death Star, hopefully in Red V, accompanied by Red II and Red III against Vader and a couple Tie Fighters.

The result of victory will be 'Commander Luke' either in red jumpsuit form, with a ship, or Hoth orange insulated jumpsuit form with a T-47.

At least that the way I'd do it
  • Smithie
    1427 posts Member
    Hopefully we will see the faction tag Rogue Squadron
  • Muaddib wrote: »
    Rogee wrote: »
    NebLekiew wrote: »
    Isn't there a line in A New Hope when the pilots gather for the briefing ahead of attacking the death star, where Luke sees Wedge and says it's great to see a familiar face?

This scene?
    MifSf.jpg

That's Biggs.
    This is Wedge.
    Wedge-01-1024x429.png

Really confused me there because that is not Denis Lawson. That is the "fake" wedge :)http://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-mysteries-hunting-for-the-fake-wedge
  • Twin
    527 posts Member
    Pyrefly wrote: »

You should talk to people that farmed the hell out of Jawas for HAAT... They put faith in the "hints" heck even solid info and for the most part got burned.

I would agree with you more if gearing a character wasn't soo time/resource intensive. The best one can do is to gear to g7/8 while its easy and hoard the rest just in case in these cases of speculation. Especially when the character has limited uses like Ben.

Devs have it rough... trying to balance these events around such a large player base discrepancy is not easy. Then again they made the system top heavy to begin with.

• Smithie wrote: »
    Hopefully we will see the faction tag Rogue Squadron

Oh, I like that. If they can do "Phoenix", they can do "Rogue Squadron"
    Drop It Like It's xHOTHx
    In Game Name: E Chu Ta
  • +1 imperial probe droid idea!
    "and i will show you ... where the iron crosses grow..."
  • Would anyone else wanna see the force Unleashed characters?

Ex. Starkiller/Galen Marek, battle damaged Vader, Juno Eclipse, Master Rahm Kota, Proxy, Shak Ti, ect.
  • Rogee wrote: »

In an Orange Flight Suit, and his own X-Wing! So Biggs, Wedge, and Luke can fly together again!

The Luke who destroys Death Star with Biggs and Wedge is Luke from "A New Hope" the Luke we already have, he becomes Commander Luke in the period after that movie and before Empire Strikes Back, and after that he only uses the XWing as personal car. If we get Red5 XWing it should belong to Farmer Luke, besides it will give that character a reason to remain in game.
  • Slave Leia riding a hoth camel would be cool